- - - - -

Mobile's Had It

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:42 pm

My old faithful cyber shot is about to peg it. Stopped ringing and I only know ive had a call because it vibrates across the table. Goes to loud speaker with out even touching it. The question is what to replace it with. I dont want anything fancy as I wouldnt know how to use it any way. I just want a sturdy little phone with blue tooth, MP3 and possibly sat nav. No face book, b block or any other social net site as Im sick of getting sexual advice from people ive dealt with proffessionaly.
Any tips.
I'm not due an upgrade as I'm on o2 £10 a month simplicity deal so only have to give 30 days notice to quit.

#2 erny

erny

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:54 pm

you are a telesales dream, if they phone you up and you say all that, they will give you an obselete phone.
I understand your yearning for simplicity, but if you set a modern phone up the way you want it, you will never know what extras it carries, or for that matter care.
Go on carphone warehouse as a guide.
The latest phones carry an average £30 a month fee, but you get the phone free.
Personally I'd reccomend tthis one
, be careful you don't get tied into a term that you feel is too long.

Myself , I am out of contract soon, I've always had the latest nokia ,God for years now.
I was going to go for the N97, but the wife has that one. So, I'm going to wait till June to get the new iphone 4g, superduper, best edition yet ,blah blah ,one.
I'll never use all the functions, but it's nice to be up with technology and pretend I know what I'm doing.
I've had a fiddle about with the mrs, N97 and after 5 minutes gave up trying to make a call. I'm guessing the new iphone will be the same.
I need a sig. indeed with plenty of frickin polish

#3 whichwaywasit

whichwaywasit

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:21 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Tue 20th Apr 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My old faithful cyber shot is about to peg it. Stopped ringing and I only know ive had a call because it vibrates across the table. Goes to loud speaker with out even touching it. The question is what to replace it with. I dont want anything fancy as I wouldnt know how to use it any way. I just want a sturdy little phone with blue tooth, MP3 and possibly sat nav. No face book, b block or any other social net site as Im sick of getting sexual advice from people ive dealt with proffessionaly.
Any tips.
I'm not due an upgrade as I'm on o2 £10 a month simplicity deal so only have to give 30 days notice to quit.

well dannyboy,
"sick of getting sexual advice from people you have dealt with professionaly" maybe you should move up market with these ladies, then maybe they will be too polite to comment on your performance or lack of.

#4 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:52 pm

QUOTE(nottingham @ Tue 20th Apr 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well dannyboy,
"sick of getting sexual advice from people you have dealt with professionaly" maybe you should move up market with these ladies, then maybe they will be too polite to comment on your performance or lack of.

Should have seen that one coming.

#5 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:39 pm

£10/month is likely to get you around 100 minutes/month and a reasonable free phone on a new contract (eg a C510 if you want to stick with Sony Ericcson). If your current deal is for a lot more minutes, and you use them, then another option is buy a PAYG phone, thorw away the sim card and put your old sim in it.

Erny, forget iPhones and take a look at the HTC Desire. Only had it a couple of weeks and I've turned in to a fanboy biggrin.gif I can even browse Carpe on it.

Edited by ChrisG, 20 April 2010 - 10:05 pm.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#6 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:03 pm

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Tue 20th Apr 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No face book, b block or any other social net site as Im sick of getting sexual advice from people ive dealt with proffessionaly.

along the lines of impossible, auto-erotic suggestions I'd imagine rolleyes.gif

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#7 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:17 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 20th Apr 2010, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
£10/month is likely to get you around 100 minutes/month and a reasonable free phone on a new contract (eg a C510 if you want to stick with Sony Ericcson). If your current deal is for a lot more minutes, and you use them, then another option is buy a PAYG phone, thorw away the sim card and put your old sim in it.
Erny, forget iPhones and take a look at the HTC Desire. Only had it a couple of weeks and I've turned in to a fanboy biggrin.gif I can even browse Carpe on it.

lol I have the desire as well Great phone Crap name rotflmmfao.gif

p.s. search for an app on the app store Layar augmented reality , you will waste a lot of time with it rolleyes.gif

Edited by Hartside Man, 20 April 2010 - 10:20 pm.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#8 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:31 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Tue 20th Apr 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
p.s. search for an app on the app store Layar augmented reality , you will waste a lot of time with it rolleyes.gif

Nice.
I'm loving Google Sky Map.

(sorry Danny, the Android Fanboys have hijacked yor thread biggrin.gif)

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#9 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:59 pm

i hate them myself, but if you want some average technology designed for people who know nothing about technology then try out an iphone

i prefer the N97, had no problems with it, only complaint is about the flash on the camera, its to the side of the lense so one side of the pic ends up whiter than the other

if you arent worried about sticking to a brand then take a look at the google phone, or any other android phone
with apple locking down their apps its extremely likely that the opensource platform will take off in a big way

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#10 coolbox

coolbox

seems to like Carpe

• 74 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:33 am

cant fault the Blackberry...lots of good deals on them at the moment...the camera is brilliant but put a bigger memory card in cool.gif

If anyone asks youve not seen me right

#11 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:34 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 20th Apr 2010, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice. I'm loving Google Sky Map.(sorry Danny, the Android Fanboys have hijacked yor thread biggrin.gif)
another nice app is 3 or cube music player on the market sorry for the hijack Danny ohh and google maps update has speech navigation with streetmaps ETC very nice indeed
QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Tue 20th Apr 2010, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My old faithful cyber shot is about to peg it. Stopped ringing and I only know ive had a call because it vibrates across the table. Goes to loud speaker with out even touching it. The question is what to replace it with. I dont want anything fancy as I wouldnt know how to use it any way. I just want a sturdy little phone with blue tooth, MP3 and possibly sat nav. No face book, b block or any other social net site as Im sick of getting sexual advice from people ive dealt with proffessionaly.Any tips. I'm not due an upgrade as I'm on o2 £10 a month simplicity deal so only have to give 30 days notice to quit.
you can get a desire on tmobile for 10 per month with 100 mins 100 texts unlimited internet and a free booster that you can choose ( i took unlimited texts) phone costs 164 though with that deal

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#12 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:43 pm

£164.00 Ive bought cars for less than that laugh.gif

#13 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:54 pm

HTC Phones all the way, I've nothing else for about 8 years!

I've got an Orange M700, which was made by HTC. It's 3 years old and still going strong, although the battery is a bit weak now (£15 for a new un)

Sat Nav, Wifi 3G etc. and it's an obsolete model, the new ones are much faster!

Android is the way I'll go next, open source software is the way forward. iPhones are naff, sealed case and the batteries fail after 2 years! Just Google it.

Hmmm HTC desire.... noice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users