19 replies to this topic

#1 PeterGriffin

PeterGriffin

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 56 posts
  • TDM model: 1994

Posted 31 October 2021 - 03:48 pm

Been threatening to join here for a few weeks now...bullet bitten.... :P

I'm Pat, from Wicklow just south of Dublin....lot of UK lads will know the area well....

I bought my TDM 3VD a few years back in a back garden...guy said it runs but theres no battery,,,,i knew nothing of these bikes just that i always liked the look of them , when i saw one that is...very poor seller over here..

Into the van with it..picked up a battery and juice along the way....Worked out (googled) how to get to the (afterthought imo) battery.....ahhhh...!!!!...not only was there no battery, the c**t forgot to mention that there were no carbs either.... :sorry:

Weeks passed before i found a set on fleabag, funny though that the seller was an hours drive away....when i arrived he said he had broken 2 of them to do off road stuff......45euro for the carbs, AND i came away with complete 4TX tank and bodywork....150euro for the lot...Cheers Damian... :good: Bit of work later and it was finished...I absolutely love everything about the bike...despite all the little carb niggles i bought another one from a chap in Waterford, .. it has an 887 big bore kit, dynajet,dynacoil, wavy discs, fork brace...and the piece de resistance..a JMC polished braced swingarm...my mate told me to but it just for that....!!!!

So now i have all my bodywork on that bike  including the Versys 650 USD front end swop that i did a few weeks back....

I just finished off the other bike in order to sell , but when i drove it , it will be a sad day.....

Cheers for now

Sorry for goin on a bit..!!

Attached Files

Edited by PeterGriffin, 31 October 2021 - 03:50 pm.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,117 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 31 October 2021 - 04:02 pm

Hello dare an welcome.

I think ewe be our first member from Wicklow. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cakey1.jpg

rightup.jpg
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,777 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 31 October 2021 - 04:29 pm

Hi and welcome.  If you fancy it, do a write up on the Verses front end conversion. I reckon there'll be a few interested folks around here. 

Hope you like cake :-)

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#4 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,357 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 31 October 2021 - 06:32 pm

Welcome aboard Peter, that's a cracking looking pair of bikes there.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 01 November 2021 - 12:39 am

how ya Pat, nice looking bikes there.  Where are ya in the garden county?  I'm originally from Cloca Liatha.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#6 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:59 am

Greetings. Bikes look great

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#7 PeterGriffin

PeterGriffin

• 56 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:24 am

how ya Pat, nice looking bikes there.  Where are ya in the garden county?  I'm originally from Cloca Liatha.

Tanx lads...just up the road in Bray mate......although we'll drive down to Greystones for a coffee  rather than Bray..too many northsiders there, i blame the Dart...!!!!

Edited by PeterGriffin, 01 November 2021 - 08:25 am.

#8 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:54 am

Hello.

Good work !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#9 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:58 am

Love that paintjob

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#10 PeterGriffin

PeterGriffin

• 56 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:44 pm

Love that paintjob

Tanx...It neds re-doing but i'll wait till the new year and freshen everything up....its just rattlecan, got the vinyl of a mate who does signs, and cut it out myself.its hard to do it from flat blocks because of all the curves on the tank and side panels....then satin lacquer over the top....

#11 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 01 November 2021 - 06:51 pm

Welcome, and nice job on both bikes  :good:

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#12 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 07:54 pm

You’ve got a couple of great looking bikes there Pat. :badgerrock: Welcome to Carpe  :cool:

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#13 waynedear

waynedear

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 106 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:29 am

Welcome Pat, I spent many break times on the swan beach after doing my deliveries from Liverpool.

Love the red and white scheme.

#14 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 08:05 am

I'm Pat, from Wicklow just south of Dublin....lot of UK lads will know the area well....

....not least of all, my gran was born there in Wicklow

I keep threatening to come over and do a tour, I've visited with work but it's always too tight a schedule

I'ld like to go up the west coast too. Going to try to go to Dingle for the 'Other Voices' festival in November. It won't be this year though as I've left it too late

Edited by fixitsan, 03 November 2021 - 08:06 am.

#15 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 22 November 2021 - 06:43 am

....not least of all, my gran was born there in Wicklow

I keep threatening to come over and do a tour, I've visited with work but it's always too tight a schedule

I'ld like to go up the west coast too. Going to try to go to Dingle for the 'Other Voices' festival in November. It won't be this year though as I've left it too late

Ohhh Fixit,   whas yer Gran's family name?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#16 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 07:52 am

'93 I did some work v near Bray - St Crispin's Cell IIRC. Did the geo-phys survey and found a horseshoe  :rotflmmfao:  8 gloriously sunny days though :)

Moved from Bray to a very cool reception North. A potential-development site just outside Armagh and found some Neolithic burials :good: I don't suppose the developer was so happy.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#17 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 05:54 pm

Ohhh Fixit,   whas yer Gran's family name?

Found out it was Ingleby

#18 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 25 November 2021 - 06:12 pm

....not least of all, my gran was born there 

Mine too, born 1884 though and moved to Essex in 1890. Great Grandad was in the coastguard stationed in lighthouses at Arklow then Hook. My brother is doing the family history thing  :huh:

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#19 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 01:21 am

'93 I did some work v near Bray - St Crispin's Cell IIRC. Did the geo-phys survey and found a horseshoe  :rotflmmfao:  8 gloriously sunny days though :)

Moved from Bray to a very cool reception North. A potential-development site just outside Armagh and found some Neolithic burials :good: I don't suppose the developer was so happy.

wow thas just outside my village of Greystones!

#20 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts