Photo

RTT06 Lakes Ideas for Routes need your input !

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:23 pm

Ok so are we going for a slow amble short trips or have i to plan like 240 mile per day routes smile.gif

I would like a selection of opinions as to what exactly you wish to get from this tour (being my first and all that) I have many routes indeed some scenic and some on fantastic twisty roads.

I envisage about 7 or 8 hours trips per day (that includes fag stops , piss stops, and meal breaks.

but do we want all scenic routes / photo opps (basically a sightseeing tour) or do we want devilishly twisty windey roads / some scenery.

what time do you lot rise (it will help with the planning) I propose 3 main routes

day 1 sat long and slow on crowded roads all over the lakes passes kirkstone , hardknott, wrynose with some select stopoffs for scenery.

day 2 sun fast and furious (well if you want it to be) local bike haunts bordering on the lakes devils bridge, hawes, and the awesome hartside pass. (mainly outside the lakes)

day 3 monday (for those that are staying) local beauty spots tour many stops really crowded routes (all the popular touristy bits)

let me know your feelings so i can print out the routes and visit some lunch places over the next week or so yahoo.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#2 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:42 pm

I get up about seven, but I could be persuaded to get up earlier.
I really like twisties, but I've never been to the lakes before so I'd like to see some sights too, what you're suggesting seems like a good mix.
I'm a bit nervous of riding in huge groups with different abilities, so it would be nice if we could stagger different groups and meet up for lunch/ coffee stops.
Cheers for the effort, it looks like you've got it well covered and it should be a great weekend. banana.gif

Edited by Emmett, 01 June 2006 - 08:42 pm.

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:46 pm

All sounds good to me Amarko. 240 miles might be a tad ambitious for a large gathering of late waking, disorganised Carpedians.

We have never been quite so organised before. Normally a quick discussion the night before about what people fancy doing the next day.

Twisty and scenic all sounds good to me...and away from the very touristy places, if thats possible in the Lakes!

Thanks for taking the time to do this Amarko, much appreciated.

Cheers
dapleb
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:07 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 1st Jun 2006, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a bit nervous of riding in huge groups with different abilities, so it would be nice if we could stagger different groups and meet up for lunch/ coffee stops.

This is a good point Emmett......non of the riding will be in "Groups". Just at your own pace with places along the way where riders will meet up. There is no group to keep pace with or wait for. Just see it as yourself on your own ride...any other "group" format only complicates things and is asking for trouble.

Also people may well want to do diff things on a certain day.

Cheers
dapleb
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:17 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Thu 1st Jun 2006, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok so are we going for a slow amble short trips or have i to plan like 240 mile per day routes smile.gif

I would like a selection of opinions as to what exactly you wish to get from this tour (being my first and all that) I have many routes indeed some scenic and some on fantastic twisty roads.

I envisage about 7 or 8 hours trips per day (that includes fag stops , piss stops, and meal breaks.

but do we want all scenic routes / photo opps (basically a sightseeing tour) or do we want devilishly twisty windey roads / some scenery.

what time do you lot rise (it will help with the planning) I propose 3 main routes

day 1 sat long and slow on crowded roads all over the lakes passes kirkstone , hardknott, wrynose with some select stopoffs for scenery.

day 2 sun fast and furious (well if you want it to be) local bike haunts bordering on the lakes devils bridge, hawes, and the awesome hartside pass. (mainly outside the lakes)

day 3 monday (for those that are staying) local beauty spots tour many stops really crowded routes (all the popular touristy bits)

let me know your feelings so i can print out the routes and visit some lunch places over the next week or so yahoo.gif

Great work Amarko, the outlined plan looks spot on but you may have to modify at short notice (have you seen how long it takes old Randyborehole to get on a bike). If we've had a few the night before things don't usually start at a great pace the following morning so flexiblility is the key word.

If you need anything from me just drop me a PM

#6 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:47 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 1st Jun 2006, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get up about seven, but I could be persuaded to get up earlier.
I really like twisties, but I've never been to the lakes before so I'd like to see some sights too, what you're suggesting seems like a good mix.
Cheers for the effort, it looks like you've got it well covered and it should be a great weekend. banana.gif

once the routes are laid out emmett you can ride them at your own pace rolleyes.gif I have sucessfully planned routes before and usually find those riders that are nervous of big groups, show all the others the way tongue.gif

however I plan to have 15 min fag stops (cos i smoke ) and 15 mins is usually more than enough for people to catch up wink.gif

everyone at their own pace yahoo.gif

Edited by amarko5, 01 June 2006 - 09:48 pm.

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#7 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:16 pm

QUOTE(bondy @ Thu 1st Jun 2006, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great work Amarko, the outlined plan looks spot on but you may have to modify at short notice (have you seen how long it takes old Randyborehole to get on a bike). If we've had a few the night before things don't usually start at a great pace the following morning so flexiblility is the key word.

Corner, Push and Splash comes to mind ranting.gif

How about an evening on a boat, getting very drunk and falling overboard Amarko???

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#8 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:46 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Thu 1st Jun 2006, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about an evening on a boat, getting very drunk and falling overboard Amarko???

Expensive to organise for so few though rolleyes.gif

we could always stealthily sneak to ullswater and pinch one or two rowing boats tongue.gif

#9 ROB1

ROB1

Knight of Postsalot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:00 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Fri 2nd Jun 2006, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we could always stealthily sneak to ullswater and pinch one or two rowing boats tongue.gif

on the sunday run can we go to hartside first devils bridge etc after cos i will be going home afterwards & that way it takes me homeward ish(i live in bradford)this is so i can get as many miles with the carps as poss.

#10 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:13 pm

I'm off upto Scotland to meet some Aprilia riders in Oban for the 2/3/4 July. Sidestand's suggested on CMC that a few of us might want to meet you guys for a day. I could meet you for the Friday night beer/Saturday run.

What's the A686 otherwise known as? I saw a TDM rider on that last year and his grin was so wide it was pokin out of his lid smile.gif
mother nature rides a biker

#11 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:25 pm

QUOTE(Readmarx @ Fri 2nd Jun 2006, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm off upto Scotland to meet some Aprilia riders in Oban for the 2/3/4 July. Sidestand's suggested on CMC that a few of us might want to meet you guys for a day. I could meet you for the Friday night beer/Saturday run.

What's the A686 otherwise known as? I saw a TDM rider on that last year and his grin was so wide it was pokin out of his lid smile.gif

Hartside pass my home yahoo.gif been there and round abouts since 10 am got home at 6:30 pm blink.gif

QUOTE(ROB1 @ Fri 2nd Jun 2006, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
on the sunday run can we go to hartside first devils bridge etc after cos i will be going home afterwards & that way it takes me homeward ish(i live in bradford)this is so i can get as many miles with the carps as poss.

actually thinking about it the hartside run might be best done on a saturday . less crowded and less police (although not strictly the lakes it is a possibility) I will arrive with routes a plenty on the friday night and we can chew over them and see what suits everyone for the following days good.gif

#12 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:26 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Thu 1st Jun 2006, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll bring me wet suit and flip flops. tongue.gif

#13 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:04 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Fri 2nd Jun 2006, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will arrive with routes a plenty on the friday night and we can chew over them and see what suits everyone for the following days good.gif

Sounds good amarko, cheers for the effort good.gif

#14 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:01 pm

QUOTE(bondy @ Thu 1st Jun 2006, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol you aint seen nuffin yet wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#15 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:35 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sun 4th Jun 2006, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol you aint seen nuffin yet wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Funny as feck at last year's Scottish Bash when Wicky was last as usual (I know, I know....and I'm slow) then decided to go back to his room to look for his "keys"............only when he eventually turned up at the first stop did he confess that he'd actually gone back for a dump laugh.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#16 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:48 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Sun 4th Jun 2006, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny as feck at last year's Scottish Bash when Wicky was last as usual (I know, I know....and I'm slow) then decided to go back to his room to look for his "keys"............only when he eventually turned up at the first stop did he confess that he'd actually gone back for a wank:lol: banana.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#17 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:01 am

So you spend a weekend with Dandy, and you have to take tome out to spank the monkey, you sure you're not a 900 rider huh.gif

#18 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:25 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Mon 5th Jun 2006, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you spend a weekend with Dandy, and you have to take tome out to spank the monkey, you sure you're not a 900 rider huh.gif

You'll find oot at the weekend bhoyo..........................

#19 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:31 pm

defo forget the "rise early" bit, not gonna happen.
well, might be an early rise, but not an early get on bike and ride.

240miles sounds ambitious.
best setup some short routes with "expansion options"

looking forward to this!!!!
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#20 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:19 am

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Thu 1st Jun 2006, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We could get the Windermere - Sawrey ferry. Should look quite impressive a ferry full bikes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users