1 reply to this topic

#1 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:47 pm

Sad to see that Percy Tait died at the weekend. I had the priviledge of listening to a number of his talks about his life in motorcycling. He was 2nd to Agostini's MV at the Belgian GP in the 60s whilst riding a 500 Triumph twin (which clearly had a lot of "umph") and his exploits aboard the Slippery Sam Trident were legend. The story I most remember is when his work colleagues at Triumph noted that when he left the factory at Meriden every night he would cruise past the main entrance and reach up with both hands off the bars and nonchalantly pull down his goggles, that is until someone painted the glass in his goggles with a black marker. Don't think he did it again!

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#2 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:48 pm

A Legend of his time RIP Percy, A lot of people wont know he went on to be a succesful sheep farmer, and friends of ours bought some of his pedigree stock and whilst down at his farm to collect them he regaled them with tails of his life in motorcycle racing and some of the antics off the track as well, whilst out one night with our friends recently they told me this tale and both said " Aye he's been a bit of a lad has Percy" ...........Proper old school :good:

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users