#41 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 03 January 2019 - 01:51 pm

Sounds ok to me....get some earplugs and enjoy riding it!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#42 pavel79

pavel79

really likes Carpe

• 85 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:08 pm

Thanks for advice :-)

Waiting for spring  :good:

#43 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:19 pm

Hello!

Happy New Year and Marry Christmas!!! :-)

During my short winter holiday I opened my "noisy" engine, checked again valves clearence and change my camchain.

What I have as results:

- 8 valves have clearence between low and high limits:

- both exhaust valves in left cilinder have clearence 0,30 (optimal 0.23-0.28).

I decided not to tuch the clearence. I think 0,30 is not too big and "loud" problem.

- my old camchain with 57000 km run have visually the same length like new original Yamaha camchain. Of course I changed camchain.

When I assembled engine, start and warmed - I heard that sound did not change much and I have the same little ticking.

If you have 25 free seconds - try to listen it here

Now I have two ways:

1. Make music in my helmet louder  :badgerrock:

2. Buy loud "Akrapovich"  :lol:

3 - find a buddy who rides a Ducati.

top_640.png

#44 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:12 pm

3 - find a buddy who rides a Ducati.

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#45 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:08 pm

Priceless  :rotflmmfao:  :rotflmmfao:  :rotflmmfao:  :rotflmmfao:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#46 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:17 am

Hilarious !!!

Reminds me of a story back in high school, a class mate had built a battery charger and when switching on for the first time the fuse blew  :)  :)

Only that it was me on the table behind using a wire to short mains the moment he switched on....he started disconnecting items, measuring with his multimeter, tested again - pooffff! - fuse blew  :rolleyes:

Half an hour later all what was connected was the mains cord - still blew the fuse when switched on. 

He was to throw the whole thing out of the window when we finally revealed the truth.... :rotflmmfao:

...probably the most evil thing I ever did.... :sorry:

Bjørge

#47 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:15 pm

Hilarious !!!

Reminds me of a story back in high school, a class mate had built a battery charger and when switching on for the first time the fuse blew  :)  :)

Only that it was me on the table behind using a wire to short mains the moment he switched on....he started disconnecting items, measuring with his multimeter, tested again - pooffff! - fuse blew  :rolleyes:

Half an hour later all what was connected was the mains cord - still blew the fuse when switched on. 

He was to throw the whole thing out of the window when we finally revealed the truth.... :rotflmmfao:

...probably the most evil thing I ever did.... :sorry:

I like it !

When I was much younger, the trick was to charge up a condenser from an HT coil and leave it on a workbench for an apprentice to pick up.... my, how we laughed !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users