• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RatHawk

RatHawk

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 57 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:25 am

I just have to say I was not expecting my 92 TDM850 to be quite so comfortable, capable and engaging on the road to and from Texas last week!

I took off with soft saddle bags, a tank bag and my new-to-me GIVI hard case two weeks ago tomorrow. Got the el cheapo Wal-Mart Garmin gps, licked the suction cup mount and off we went for Austin, Tx, The Texas Tornado Boot Camp, The Revival Cycles' Handbuilt Show and the races at Circuit of the Americas!

The bike was a champ! And everyone wanted to know what the heck it is every time I stopped. Had a U-turn foul up that tested the RennTec crash bars, I put a hurting on the center of the Distanzia rear tire for covering all that distance and on the return trip I determined that better rain gear is an absolute must.

What was before only an interesting and likely temporary addition to a collection of misfit old bikes has become my new favorite for long distance getaways. All for chump change, relatively speaking.

I'll see if I can get together the gallery of pics and present them for y'all. Fantastic trip! Wished I could have kept going West!
Here's the old girl prior to leaving Florida.

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty." --- Peter Egan

#2 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:11 am

MotoGP? Ohhhhhhh, I wish.

The first big mile test on a TDM was similar for me. I was typically unsure of a new to me bike and knew nothing about it. After 3 weeks riding round Scotland grinning, the bike was in. Part of the family.

Yes, pics please.

Edited by harvey krumpet, 17 April 2015 - 11:17 am.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,757 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:16 pm

Oh yes, know that feeling, had bought my mk1 for a trip to Slovakia and around, 2500 miles later i have to agree  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:58 pm

Only took me a 500 metre test ride before I realised it was something special. ...... and the rest is history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users