#1 endo

endo

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 170 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:03 pm

Just had test ride on a 900.

Much better than I had expected, pulls like a train, eats traffic for breakfast. A lot slimmer than it looks (feels very small) I just had to get used to keeping the revs up as I am used to I4's, that reminds me NO tingle in the hands like an I4. Grunt at hand all the time! makes you want to just give it a handfull out of the corners all the time to feel the instant throttle responce and hear the twin noise as the revs climb.
Well did I get the bike? You bet I did! Pick it up next week. I just hope it lives up to the high expectations that you lot have given it?

Endo

#2 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:11 pm

QUOTE(endo @ Sat 15th Jul 2006, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just had test ride on a 900.

Much better than I had expected, pulls like a train, eats traffic for breakfast. A lot slimmer than it looks (feels very small) I just had to get used to keeping the revs up as I am used to I4's, that reminds me NO tingle in the hands like an I4. Grunt at hand all the time! makes you want to just give it a handfull out of the corners all the time to feel the instant throttle responce and hear the twin noise as the revs climb.
Well did I get the bike? You bet I did! Pick it up next week. I just hope it lives up to the high expectations that you lot have given it?

Endo

ahhhhh like meself.......... well tell us more Endo, like what colour, year, mileage, spec etc etc ??? well done by the way good.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 Nosaj

Nosaj

Carpe junky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:59 pm

Was it from Chorley Yamaha ??

#4 endo

endo

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:39 pm

wicklamulla

Well the colour? err its light grey/dark grey (in the gallery its stone blue but it does not look blue), its got 8000 miles on the clock, i expect to put a lot more miles on it when i get it as I always go abroad on my bikes (I put 14000 miles on the diversion in just over 12 months) and one lady owner, everything else is bog standard. I like my bikes standard and not messed with.

edit "its on an 05 plate"

Nosaj

Got the bike from Rochdale (Robinsons if anyone knows it, not a bad place, let me test it 1.5 hours, no hard sell at all) They took my diversion in part ex plus 2k. So happy days pick it up next week as I cant get there any sooner or I would, now watch it p*ss down on saturday!!

Lots of luv Endo

Edited by endo, 15 July 2006 - 06:03 pm.

#5 laughin in a windstorm

laughin in a windstorm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:48 pm

QUOTE(endo @ Sat 15th Jul 2006, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just hope it lives up to the high expectations that you lot have given it?

Endo

they're crap really, this site was developed for those of us that bought TDM's and are too afraid to admit to the world what a mistake we made, a kind of place of consolation wink.gif .

have fun rolleyes.gif smile.gif smile.gif
it's not my time to go, it's not my time to die
the last thing I want is for my family to cry

#6 Dave in Thailand

Dave in Thailand

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 182 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:09 am

QUOTE(endo @ Sat 15th Jul 2006, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So happy days pick it up next week as I cant get there any sooner or I would, now watch it p*ss down on saturday!!

New toy just sitting there???????????

#7 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:13 pm

QUOTE(laughin in a windstorm @ Sat 15th Jul 2006, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they're crap really, this site was developed for those of us that bought TDM's and are too afraid to admit to the world what a mistake we made, a kind of place of consolation wink.gif .

have fun rolleyes.gif smile.gif smile.gif

rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

Now we are either too cheap or too stubborn to get rid of them.
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#8 Spyder

Spyder

sticking around

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:57 am

Hi, come tarry awhile and enjoy the view its great. good.gif

#9 Tempest

Tempest

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:13 pm

Fantastic.

Hope you have loadsa fun on the big twin.
That's what I love, the low down pull with power everywhere smile.gif

Lots'a nice pics please when you get it......
Oink & Be Happy.

#10 endo

endo

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:32 pm

Starting to get excited now!!
I have organised the insurance to start at miday, all the stuff thats not going with the divvy is off the bike. Guess what the weather forcast said we are looking at tomorrow? Yep!! you guessed it f**ing rain. So out comes the wet gear for the first time in ages and it has to be when I pick up my new bike, sods law at work here because sunday is supposed to be sunny and dry and I cant ride because its my girls B/Day and i have been promissing her we would go for a meal with her twin sister and family and sunday afternoon!

Arr well!! at least I canride it to work for the next few weeks (I work in a school and they are now on summer hols).

Endo

#11 Nosaj

Nosaj

Carpe junky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:31 pm

Endo, you might make it Diane (gordons bird on bbc local news) says its gonna be thundery but you should be able to dodge em failing that take your brolley

#12 stu

stu

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:58 pm

QUOTE(endo @ Fri 21st Jul 2006, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my girls and her twin sister

banana.gif
cool.gif

Stu

#13 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 July 2006 - 09:17 pm

QUOTE(endo @ Fri 21st Jul 2006, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Starting to get excited now!!
I have organised the insurance to start at miday, all the stuff thats not going with the divvy is off the bike. Guess what the weather forcast said we are looking at tomorrow? Yep!! you guessed it f**ing rain. So out comes the wet gear for the first time in ages and it has to be when I pick up my new bike, sods law at work here because sunday is supposed to be sunny and dry and I cant ride because its my girls B/Day and i have been promissing her we would go for a meal with her twin sister and family and sunday afternoon!

Arr well!! at least I canride it to work for the next few weeks (I work in a school and they are now on summer hols).

Endo

so we are all waiting here with baited breath huh.gif how was the ride today then ???

or are you still out there yeahyeahyeah.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#14 endo

endo

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:07 am

Rode home the long way, 150 miles instead of 40, there is a few questions I would like to ask about the bike but I will start another thread for that.
The bike performed brilliantly, instant grunt for overtaking (you dont have to plan your overtake, see a gap in the trafic twist throttle and go). Looks like its good on fuel like everybody says, but I wont know until I fillup again. Bike feels like a lightweight compared to the diversion and I'm missing my topbox already ( does that mean I'm getting old) so wil have to look at options to fit a box.
This bike is loads of fun!! had little play with what i call the Knee Slider Group (fireblade, gsxr owners) and considering I have only just got the bike the could not shake me off through the bends but alas left me on the straights.
Anyway as you can tell by the time i am replying I've got up early to go for a ride before I go for that meal this afternoon.

Endo

#15 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:54 pm

QUOTE(endo @ Sun 23rd Jul 2006, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bike feels like a lightweight compared to the diversion and I'm missing my topbox already ( does that mean I'm getting old) so wil have to look at options to fit a box.

Endo

i found i could do the box thing in a cheap way , brand new box off ebay for 80 quid , used the included plastic plate and found a way to fit it to the existing grabrail, minimal cost , and it's been there for over a year now with no issues at all rolleyes.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users