#21 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:34 am

That makes me daft then. :)  I didn't replace the shaft seals.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#22 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,757 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:03 am

Now now i did'nt say you were daft, however i want to replace them :P

Attached File  20171021_105230.jpg   46.17KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20171021_105230.jpg   46.17KB   0 downloads

No to happy trying to get the butterflies off though as a bit tight, i'm going to order a JIS screwy cos ya just no i'm ham fisted :)

Attached Files

Edited by dablik, 21 October 2017 - 11:06 am.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#23 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:09 am

Tried with a bit of hosepipe and 15mm copper pipe shoved in to waggle em off but this was to bendy and they were'nt budging so, with a piece of hose pipe a bit longer than the cap i used mole grips and waggled gently side to side while pulling and hey presto off they came.

Attached File  20171021_105129.jpg   107.33KB   2 downloads

No pinging off of bit's when splitting but put them in a bag anyway to split.

Edited by dablik, 21 October 2017 - 11:14 am.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#24 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:18 am

That makes me daft then. :)  I didn't replace the shaft seals. But i will now :D

#25 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:05 pm

Well done. :) 

As you will know after reading about dismantling the carbs, the butterfly screws are locshited.  I used a socket to rest the butterfy shaft on so that I could eggspurt a little pressure on the butterfly screws to get them undone.  Bit tricky replacing them as you have to get them lined up properly.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#26 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:16 pm

Yep i remember from your thread and watched a few video's on dismantling/ and centering when going back on, just ordered some jis bit's matey to get em out, plus it's piddling down here so no boiling carbs today, dont think Nadi would be very impressed with the smell of lemon juice and petrol in the house considering i get chased out with the Heizen :rolleyes:

Expect the Litetek kits will arrive this week, they recommend using silicone gel on the seals (not throttleshaft) when putting em in.

Edited by dablik, 21 October 2017 - 01:18 pm.

#27 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:20 pm

Women eh, tut. :rolleyes:  :lol:

#28 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:24 pm

Yea eh, tried to explain it would'nt be so bad as some of the other smells i make, but for some reason i  still could'nt win her over :huh:

#29 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:24 pm

She's wearing the trousers matey.

Butterfly's are easier to remove when you've split the carbs and removed the springs. :)

#30 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:25 pm

Butterfly's are easier to remove when you've split the carbs and removed the springs. :)

Ah right, split them already but not removed the springs yet, cheers.

Edit, actually it looks impossible to remove the air! diagphram without splitting the carbs, so regardless of which method used to clean ie ultrasonic or a boil they gotta be split, no where near as bad a job as i thought it might be though.

Edited by dablik, 21 October 2017 - 01:28 pm.

#31 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:31 pm

It is possible, I've done it. :D  Used a 90 degree screwdriver, fiddy as f**k getting it back on though.

#32 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:35 pm

It is possible, I've done it. :D  Used a 90 degree screwdriver, fiddy as f**k getting it back on though.

Rather you than me mucka, girly fookin fingers :P

#33 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:19 am

Easier to remove than trousers????? :punishment:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#34 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:21 am

:lol:

#35 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:19 am

Easier to remove than trousers????? :punishment:

Let ya know after he's been over ;)

#36 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:18 am

;)

#37 dablik

dablik

• 10,757 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:48 pm

Update :D

Got fed up putting this job off sooooooo, i got swmbo in a bad mood and got to her to breathe all over me carbs.... result

Attached File  Clean carbs 2.jpg   152.02KB   1 downloads

Throttle shaft seals replaced with Viton seals from Litetek, however having looked at the old ones i dont think it's worth the hassle of replacing unless really necessary as they seem to be okay and only slightly less squishy then new.

#38 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:06 pm

Lookin' good. :cool:

#39 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:13 pm

Sparkles. Just gotta get it all back together now dabbers.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#40 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:06 pm

Squeaky squeak clean

0 user(s) are reading this topic