• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Olddad

Olddad

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 53 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:02 pm

Gave the TDM a little work out round Oulton park on Saturday. What a fantastic day and think I surprised a few with the old girl. 

Attached Files

Well I'm hooked on the TDM now, working my way through the mods and add on's. 

Michelin PR4's, R1 17" front wheel. Scorpion end cans (winter time I'll add the rest of the system), Power Commander 3,  Givi top box, custom made YSS rear shock, K-Tech fork springs with 15w oil, fork gators, touring screen, Air box modification. . . . .to be continued.

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:05 pm

:badgerrock:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:55 pm

:badgerrock: also

#4 Olddad

Olddad

• 53 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:23 pm

I recorded the last session of the day, if anyone fancies a nosey.

Michelin PR4's, R1 17" front wheel. Scorpion end cans (winter time I'll add the rest of the system), Power Commander 3,  Givi top box, custom made YSS rear shock, K-Tech fork springs with 15w oil, fork gators, touring screen, Air box modification. . . . .to be continued.

#5 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:52 pm

wez off the rivvy barn bikers went to look and there was a lot of crashes.

was out on mine today and miss the old girl even though it was cauld

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#6 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,163 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:13 pm

Looks like big fun, nice one  :good:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#7 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:26 am

Looks like big fun, nice one  :good:

+1

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#8 Olddad

Olddad

• 53 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:30 am

It was a busy day and yes lots of crashes. Novice had the best runs. It was down to people gunning on the out lap and loosing it on cold tyres etc. The afternoon was a much better run. 

Massive fun, people were pointing and laughing when I pulled the TDM out of the van, that was changed to thumbs up by the third session.

The photographers comments summed my day up when I went to see the pictures, said bike, colour and group and got the response "F**k me you've had a good day lad".

Mick

#9 thelodger

thelodger

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 150 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:59 am

Hi Mick

I enjoyed your vid, thanks for posting.

For interest what camera do you use and where did you mount it ?  

Also were you revving near the red line ? Sounded like you were trying hard !

cheers

#10 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:17 am

superb :good:  :good:  :good:

#11 Olddad

Olddad

• 53 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:43 am

I use a drift stealth 2, it comes with a clamp fitting kit, so clamp it to the bike frame by the side of the head, it will also clamp to the rear rack. I have a stuck on pad attached to my lid too but its not allowed on circuit like that.

Mmm I tried to change gear at 8k but did pass it a few times. The guy I past on the last lap just before lodge corner was my mate on the BMW1000rr so was determined to catch and pass him. (double the bhp pffffaaa).

I have worn the ball off the foot peg round the right handers!!

Mick

#12 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:54 pm

Fuggin' excellent!  That was better than WSB at Phillip Island the other day  :badgerrock: looks like it was handling pretty well!

Isn't it great when the "knee twitchers" are fecking about with their tyre warmers at optimum temp and ensuring their tackle is down the correct trouser leg and you go out on cold tyres and stuff them into the first hairpin?  :rotflmmfao:

Here's a pic of a friend of mine leading the pack at Knockhill last year

les%201.jpg

Edited by dandywarhol, 26 February 2018 - 08:05 pm.

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#13 Olddad

Olddad

• 53 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:17 pm

Knockhill is on my list of circuits to ride this year!! In the rain too, TDM would be primed to show them the ropes. 

One of the lads I travelled down with was giving me a pep talk at 7am telling me not to worry about the speed in inters (only my second track day) and giving me some advice on the circuit at speed. At lunchtime he was asking me how the hell I can get round corners like I do. LOL He passed me a few times during the day but only on the longer straights were the fireblade power overruled my TDM. 

She handles like an absolute dream, nothing fancy or expensive though. YSS rear shock done to my weight and K-tech springs with 15w oil in the forks. R1 front wheel and PR4 tyres. Better than all that though, comfy to sit on all day!

Mick

#14 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:12 pm

I'm looking at doing the CRMC event at Oulton on May 26 and 28th. There's also a Classic Bike track day on the 25th - could be a good outing for the TRX

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#15 Olddad

Olddad

• 53 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:29 am

I'm looking at doing the CRMC event at Oulton on May 26 and 28th. There's also a Classic Bike track day on the 25th - could be a good outing for the TRX

Any outing is a good outing!! Especially on track. 

#16 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:08 am

Brilliant vid, and thanks for sharing it. Especially good to watch on a freezing cold February morning with snow falling outside!

Riggers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users