#1 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 November 2020 - 03:47 pm

Not seen this one before. I changed my insurer to the AA having accepted a cheaper price (my car). I was later asked (only) for proof of (my full 9yr) NCD which I emailed and they accepted by email - "no futher action needed", they wrote. Next, I get a letter from the CEO thanking me for my 'notification of a change in my policy'. I was warned that changes can cost £25. And that I may find my premium has changed. It had! Gone up! "But don't worry we will not ask you for more money....but at your next renewal this new premium will be shown as last year's premium". What?!!!
I have sent a fitting reply to the CEO. Obviously, they hate having to show last time's premium and hit upon a brilliant 'solution'. Pah!
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 07 November 2020 - 03:52 pm

Good call :clapping:  :good:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:13 pm

They seem to get away with anything these days.

A while ago, I emailed my newly elected MP about the motor insurance industry and the auto-renewal saying it should be an opt-in.  I got a reply from his so-called assistant  Fraser Macfarland.

Auto renewals for car insurance is within the terms and conditions of most insurance companies.
Kind regards,

Fraser McFarland

What a complete and utter tosspot. :rolleyes:  

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,513 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 November 2020 - 04:48 pm

The Financial Conduct Authority has been investigating insurance company practices. This issue may be one that I shall pass onto them FI.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#5 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 December 2020 - 03:28 pm

I'm with Hastings Direct (bike and car). Renewal for the cooper came in at £47 cheaper.  Go Figure!

Cats

#6 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 08 December 2020 - 05:12 pm

it should now be illegal i would have thought under GDPR which requires a proactive response to opt in rather than having to opt out - do you not recall many of the websites and emails had to change their boxes? so why insurance exempt

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users