24 replies to this topic

#1 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 November 2020 - 04:07 pm

All. It is with a very heavy heart that I have to let you know that Steve (Sagalout) passed away this morning. He had been suffering with the big C for some time. I was fortunate enough to see him a couple of weeks ago. I drove down to Hampshire from Scotland and ChrisR and I went to say hello. It was clear that he was really unwell, but he was pleased that I had driven all that way, just to see him. I have known Steve for 10 years from this forum and we have toured in Europe and Ireland a number of times. He was at the TDM get-to-gether a few years back at Dom's Bike Stop in Leominster. RIP mate. Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#2 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:17 pm

Always sad to hear news like this, but it was great that you made the effort for that journey. Well done and RIP Saga lad.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:56 pm

Indeed, very sad and i remember Steve, a lovely gesture Ali, good man, thoughts with Family and Friends, RIP Sagalout

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:09 pm

Sad news. Well done on making the effort Ali.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:47 pm

Sad news and good man for taking time out to make that trip Ali. RIP Steve 

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#6 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:51 pm

Bloody hell, not spoken to him in some time but used to see a fair bit of him at fettle days around Hampshire, and did a few tours with him. RIP Steve :(

I'll never forget the look on his face when he got out the tray of cupcakes his daughter had made for a fettle day at my place and it turned out they all flipped upside down in his top box.

Edited by ChrisG, 09 November 2020 - 08:02 pm.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 ric

ric

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 190 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:54 pm

Good on you making the journey.  Sad news

#8 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:56 pm

Sad news indeed. He was a lovely chap. Condolences to his family and friends.
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:12 pm

Sad news, 63 is no age to go. RIP Sagalout.  Good on you Ali and Chris, nice to see his mates making the effort. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:17 pm

Sad news.
Great that you made the trip to see him.
RIP sagalout

#11 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:51 pm

Sad news indeed, I bought my first niner from Sagalout, 

RIP Steve,

my condolences to his family and friends

#12 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:28 pm

He was kind enough to donate a couple of spare indicators to me many years ago after threw my niner down the road. Wouldn’t take a penny for them. Proper gentleman and all round nice guy. R.I.P Steve. 

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#13 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:34 pm

RIP Steve, nice guy, sad loss. :(

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#14 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:38 am

sad news, I didn't know him but was taken too early 

RIP 

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#15 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:50 am

RIP  :(

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#16 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 10 November 2020 - 04:15 pm

Sad news, never good losing someone so early. RIP sir.

#17 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 10 November 2020 - 11:39 pm

For me Steve was my inner circle friend. A small group of us stuck together and toured every year.

I also managed to spend a day with him and his wife recently. I got home realising it would probably be the last time I saw him.

A thoroughly decent man.

Respect 

Attached Files

Edited by catsbum, 10 November 2020 - 11:39 pm.

#18 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 12 November 2020 - 10:21 am

very sad news indeed.  I only met Steve 2 maybe 3 times so i didn't know him well.  The Big C bullet yet again catches out one of us.  It's almost as though the 'C Gun' is discharged in a dark, crowded auditorium and it strikes whoever is unlucky.  RIP Steve.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#19 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 12 November 2020 - 03:14 pm

Never met Steve but RIP, rode a TDM so must have been a decent sort of bloke.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#20 Gary117

Gary117

seems to like Carpe

• 47 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 12 November 2020 - 03:22 pm

Very Sad. RIP Steve. :(  

2008 Lava Red, Mra Vario screen,R&G crash protectors,Scottoiler,Hel brake lines,Oxford heated grips,Ktm handguards,Front + rear Pyramid fender extender,Givi Rack,Avon storm,Yamaha centre stand,Yamaha Tank Protector.Garmin 390Lm. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users