Photo

RTT08 Update.

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Negwedar_*

Guest_Negwedar_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:31 pm

Somebody must have posted this already, but I need an address for the hostel/pub where we're staying? I'm likely to be travelling overnight, 2am boat out of Fishguard friday into saturday 'cos I'm a night person, and it takes a while to adjust the body clock. I don't want to just ride around Kerry shouting "DORREN!" until somebody takes pity on me, or the Garda pull me over for a "wee chat"......again..... blush.gif .....and I only got her e-mail address, and they ain't marked on my road atlas.....

#62 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:45 pm

QUOTE(big dave @ Tue 29th Jan 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tony

make sure you're wearing a carnation, I might not recognise the new you. laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif maybe not, but you'll recognise the same dirty ol' mk1 wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#63 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:38 pm

Postcode anyone?

#64 Spongey

Spongey

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:23 pm

Ferry booked from Fishguard out 1130 on 5th back 1500 on 21st. Got the discount via the MCN Link. I am pootling around for a bit before a GS weekend 18th to 20th in Tipperary. Can't wait! tongue.gif

Edited by Spongey, 07 February 2008 - 08:20 pm.

#65 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:15 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Thu 7th Feb 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Postcode anyone?

we no have post codes in the Repubic Cats.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#66 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:09 pm

QUOTE(Negwedar @ Thu 7th Feb 2008, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somebody must have posted this already, but I need an address for the hostel/pub where we're staying? I'm likely to be travelling overnight, 2am boat out of Fishguard friday into saturday 'cos I'm a night person, and it takes a while to adjust the body clock. I don't want to just ride around Kerry shouting "DORREN!" until somebody takes pity on me, or the Garda pull me over for a "wee chat"......again..... blush.gif .....and I only got her e-mail address, and they ain't marked on my road atlas.....

In rural Kerry we don't do postcodes or streets or numbers! Everybody knows where everybody else lives. But in case you can't find a native at 2am in the morning the hostel is at Maurice Fitz's pub in Castlegregory. I can give my home number in case there is a problem if anybody wants to pm me for it.

I imagine everybody will arrive either via Cork or Limerick (these will be marked from the ports). Tralee, the nearest town, is signed from both of these cities. From Tralee follow signs for An Dangean (Dingle) on the N86. After about 10 miles there is a fork in the road where both are marked to An Dangean - take the right hand fork marked via Conor Pass and continue another 6 miles where you will find a turn to the right marked Castlegregory. Take this and drive through the village (don't turn right or left) and at the end there is a crossroads with a small green opposite. Fitzgerald's pub and the hostel are at the left hand corner of the crossroads.

I'll try and work out a way to put up a map.

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#67 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:15 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Thu 7th Feb 2008, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we no have post codes in the Repubic Cats.

istupid.gif

#68 Guest_Negwedar_*

Guest_Negwedar_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:39 am

QUOTE(TeDeum @ Thu 7th Feb 2008, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maurice Fitz's pub in Castlegregory.

Cheers mate, that's all I needed. The boat leaves Wales at 2 am, into Rosslare 4.30ish I think, so with a couple of sustenance breaks and a bit of getting lost etc I guess it will be well past holy hour by the time I arrive.......jeez man even I wouldn't pitch up to the place at 2 am.....................................probably wink.gif

Do they still have holy hour?......and the angelus on the telly?...........last time I was down that far I thought I was lost 'cos I went through the same village about a dozen times, turned out it was gaelic for lay-by. Am I an eejit or what? tongue.gif

#69 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:48 pm

QUOTE(TeDeum @ Thu 7th Feb 2008, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fitzgerald's pub and the hostel are at the left hand corner of the crossroads.

Is this it?

http://homepage.eirc...ory/page34.html

Stu

#70 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:42 pm

Stu, well done However, Let's hope ChrisG does not see that Ice cream or he'll be in the A&E at Limerick for the week

I found the Place on my 'new' SatNav. So Im set up now good.gif

Edited by CatsBum, 08 February 2008 - 06:43 pm.

#71 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:19 pm

QUOTE(stu @ Fri 8th Feb 2008, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You got it.

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#72 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:40 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Fri 8th Feb 2008, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stu, well done However, Let's hope ChrisG does not see that Ice cream or he'll be in the A&E at Limerick for the week

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#73 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:20 am

I have the radio on all day in the workshop and yesterday there was a discussion on the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) where it was recommended that travellers within the EU get one of these as they automatically entitle you to treatment in the public health systems (GPs and hospitals) within the EU for free or at reduced cost. It might be worth getting one of these in case you were unlucky enough to need any treatment while on the RTT or anywhere in Europe as it works in all EU countries as well as Norway and Switzerland. The EHIC is free and UK residents can find info about how to get one here.

Visit My Website

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#74 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:46 am

That's what replaced the old E101 (I thnk that was wha it was called). Well worth doing and it's valid for ages, must have had mine at least a couple of years and it doesn't expire until 2010

2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

#75 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:41 am

it replaced the E111 NHS health form

in German establishments you'll need to pay a €10 'admin' charge rolleyes.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#76 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 07:46 am

Will this form cover alcohol poisoning?

#77 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 02:44 pm

TOURISTS GUIDE TO DRIVING IN IRELAND!

1. Indicators will give away your next move. A confident Irish driver avoids using them.

2. Under no circumstance should you maintain a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, because somebody else will fill in the space, putting you in an even more dangerous situation.

3. The faster you drive through a red light, the less chance you have of getting hit.

4. Never get in the way of an older car that needs extensive bodywork, especially with WW, MO or MH plates. With no insurance, the other driver probably has nothing to lose.

5. Braking is to be done as hard and late as possible to ensure that your ABS kicks in, giving a vigorous, foot massage as the brake pedal violently pulsates. For those of you without ABS, it's a chance to strengthen your leg muscles.

6. Never pass on the right when you can pass on the left. It's a good way to prepare other drivers for entering the motorway.

7. Speed limits are arbitrary figures, given only as a suggestion and are not enforceable in Ireland during rush hour.

8. Always brake and rub your neck when you see an accident or even someone changing a tyre. This is seen as a sign of respect for the victim.

9. Learn to swerve abruptly without signalling. Ireland is the home of high-speed slalom driving thanks to the Department of Public Works, which puts potholes in key locations to test drivers' reflexes and keep them alert!

10. It is tradition in Ireland to honk your horn at cars in front of you that do not move three milliseconds after the light turns green.

11. To avoid injury in the event of a collision or rollover, it is important to exit your vehicle through the windscreen right away. Wearing your seat belt will only impede your hi-velocity escape from danger.

12. Remember that the goal of every Irish driver is to get ahead of the pack by whatever means necessary.

13. WARNING! Never come to a complete stop at a stop sign. No one expects it and it will result in you being rear-ended

#78 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:49 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Sat 16th Feb 2008, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TOURISTS GUIDE TO DRIVING IN IRELAND!

Sound like driving around the south of England has got me well prepared then laugh.gif

Last time I was in Ireland I discovered that Irish lorry drivers are the most polite drivers I've ever come across. I even had one comming the other way pull over on the shoulder to give me space to overtake the landrover in front me.

#79 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:14 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Sat 16th Feb 2008, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will this form cover alcohol poisoning?

yes, but not injuries sustained falling over/down/thru something whilst drunk dry.gif

My TDM :

#80 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:12 pm

U.D.I.s (unidentified drinking injuries)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users