sticking around

• 31 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 April 2022 - 10:47 am

What bike is this again??

https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk

Edited by sigvepigve, 10 April 2022 - 10:58 am.

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 10 April 2022 - 02:56 pm

That's a bodgerised Mk1 3vd innit..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 10 April 2022 - 03:00 pm

Looks teeerbo'd.

EDIT....OH...no it doesn't...

Edited by PICARD, 10 April 2022 - 03:01 pm.

Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#4 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,668 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 April 2022 - 03:22 pm

That's a bodgerised Mk1 3vd innit..

+1

Cut down side panels :good:

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#5 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 12 April 2022 - 08:51 am

Their pride n joy apparently.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#6 sigvepigve

sigvepigve

sticking around

• 31 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 17 April 2022 - 09:28 pm

Whats teeerbo'd? Is it a bike or bad spelling?
Yes of course, its a tdm mk1 3vd. Love mine. Some of you probably not. And yes it's a bit butcered.
Thats why im asking:

What is the threshold for the bike stopping being a Yamaha tdm 91 reg.? Where os the line drawn. The Original design Is of course a bit dated, it's an old bike. But now the bike is a bit of an ever evolving piece of two faced matter. Some bits fall off and get cracked and modified in the process, bolts overtights when you tap into the oil gallery for your newly aquired analog oil pressure meter, a sea of oil when tried easy way out,then helicoil, helicoil, helicoil all Day, fried Electrics, speedometer malfunctioning, slipped in oil, cut badly two places(hand and knee)when trying to cut seat plastic with knife that broke by my enourmous strenght and bad choice of tool(what was at hand)
Still love it. And hate it. But now it wont run. But Almost done, change some jets. And airbox back in + new battery and dyi switches for New Electrics. If you are interested i Will post pics. But be ready for sacrilege.

#7 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 17 April 2022 - 10:17 pm

Pics always good, I like to see a well modded/defaced/defiled/enhanced bike, I once had an old Honda 500t with su carb under the knee and hand gear change built from the "cos you can" school of engineering.
If a tdm runs right and handles as it should how can you ever hate it.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#8 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 11:07 am

Whats teeerbo'd? Is it a bike or bad spelling?
Yes of course, its a tdm mk1 3vd. Love mine. Some of you probably not. And yes it's a bit butcered.
Thats why im asking:

What is the threshold for the bike stopping being a Yamaha tdm 91 reg.? Where os the line drawn. The Original design Is of course a bit dated, it's an old bike. But now the bike is a bit of an ever evolving piece of two faced matter. Some bits fall off and get cracked and modified in the process, bolts overtights when you tap into the oil gallery for your newly aquired analog oil pressure meter, a sea of oil when tried easy way out,then helicoil, helicoil, helicoil all Day, fried Electrics, speedometer malfunctioning, slipped in oil, cut badly two places(hand and knee)when trying to cut seat plastic with knife that broke by my enourmous strenght and bad choice of tool(what was at hand)
Still love it. And hate it. But now it wont run. But Almost done, change some jets. And airbox back in + new battery and dyi switches for New Electrics. If you are interested i Will post pics. But be ready for sacrilege.

I feel all the love...and the hate  :D  mk1 rocks  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 11:36 am

You have more reason than most for the hate bit Dabs after all that work you did. 

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

#10 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 18 April 2022 - 07:01 pm

Aye, who knows come retirement time eh  ;) mk1 is me big love..

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 April 2022 - 04:48 pm

Wanna buy mine Cliff ?  Needs the 3rd gear sorting but runs lovely :rotflmmfao:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#12 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 05:06 pm

Here we go again....... :huh:

#13 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 06:04 pm

Fookoff  :P

#14 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 06:09 pm

:lol: Subtlety never was your strong point. 

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#15 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 06:12 pm

:giveusahug:

#16 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 21 April 2022 - 08:54 pm

It won't run lovely fer long if he gets his paws on it!

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#17 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 09:13 pm

It won't run lovely fer long if he gets his paws on it!

Oooh ya cheeky git  :putemup: prolly true  :D

#18 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 06:56 am

:lol: :unsure2::D

#19 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 09:21 am

Wait till I need some more brake discs. :rotflmmfao:

#20 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 03:28 pm

:isurrender:  tw*ts  :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mods, Customization, Rat, Tuning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users