#41 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,088 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 30 April 2021 - 08:39 am

I have a fancy right angle bevel box screwdriver tool to get in there. This Bonneville lark is catching two more old fellas making a purchase soon. If I get murdered, it will be their wives.
I have two late 60' neighbours who seem to live round here, if I'm doing bike engineering. They even bring their own folding chairs.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#42 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 01 May 2021 - 08:59 am

:lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#43 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,357 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 01 May 2021 - 02:03 pm

If you need any chunky stainless for any bike projects Lee I have some lengths of 3" tube with 1/4" wall and some flat plates about 10mm thick, came from a "jersey keel" I took off my boat a few years back, I'm loathed to just weigh it in, not as if I'm a million miles from you.

This lot was so it could sit on a drying mooring without sitting on the props and shafts.

Attached File  IMG_20161002_132624.jpg   495.17KB   0 downloads

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#44 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 08:08 am

I found out the tool locks itself to the ECU code so if you want to do other bikes you need more codes at £40 a pop. It's a money spinner for sure. TDM it's all done from dash. Later bikes with stepper motor fly by wire are more difficult. We are slowly being locked into dealer only work.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#45 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 05:38 pm

There's meant to be a push for parts provision and easy repairs to white goods, all part of acting sustainably and throwing less stuff on the dump.  Mayhaps they need to do the same to cars and bikes.  They must make the real money from servicing and parts.  That said, with PCP you can get a new vehicle every 3yrs and ya don't need to worry about balancing TB's and the like.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#46 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,446 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 02 May 2021 - 06:00 pm

I found out the tool locks itself to the ECU code so if you want to do other bikes you need more codes at £40 a pop. It's a money spinner for sure. TDM it's all done from dash. Later bikes with stepper motor fly by wire are more difficult. We are slowly being locked into dealer only work.

Same with cars.I have a fault on my diesel Merc. It needed Adblue so I put some in.The warning on the screen went away for a few minutes, then came back.Then the shut-off warning came on saying I had 473 miles before engine wouldn't start. My local garage put it on their diagnostic system, cleared the faults, but then a general fault came up saying that there was an error with the adblue, but not what it was. They told me that I would have to take it to Mercedes to get fixed and that it is probably a software issue. At least they didn't charge me. Oh, today the warning to put adblue changed to say I have 400 miles before engine won't start.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#47 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 08:15 pm

Same with cars.I have a fault on my diesel Merc. It needed Adblue so I put some in.The warning on the screen went away for a few minutes, then came back.Then the shut-off warning came on saying I had 473 miles before engine wouldn't start. My local garage put it on their diagnostic system, cleared the faults, but then a general fault came up saying that there was an error with the adblue, but not what it was. They told me that I would have to take it to Mercedes to get fixed and that it is probably a software issue. At least they didn't charge me. Oh, today the warning to put adblue changed to say I have 400 miles before engine won't start.

Because of this effort to get you to the main stealers comes clever people to alter the software so your car becomes a polluting piece of crap. You save money, cheater makes a packet. What a bloody mess.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#48 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 03 May 2021 - 02:00 pm

@Ali

Did you fill the AdBlue tank completely?  There is a minimum amount required before the system resets.

On the Audi  I run, the minimum AdBlue to add, once the warning is given, is 13L ,Grrr, but at least the first warning is at 1500miles remaining.

Hope it is this simple for you. :good:

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#49 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 02:25 pm

Unlike the TDM the Triumph needs special tools to hold anti backlash gears together to get the cams out.
HBOL very helpfully gives some dimensions of this tool. Quite how Triumph get away charging £55 for these is beyond me.

#50 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 03 May 2021 - 03:14 pm

Another old cold chisel bites the dust?

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#51 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,446 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 03 May 2021 - 04:44 pm

@Ali

Did you fill the AdBlue tank completely?  There is a minimum amount required before the system resets.

On the Audi  I run, the minimum AdBlue to add, once the warning is given, is 13L ,Grrr, but at least the first warning is at 1500miles remaining.

Hope it is this simple for you. :good:

Yes. I put 10 litres in and when that didn't work, I put in some more. Apparently I overfilled it and my local guy took some out. It is just not recognizing that, but the sensor that is supposed to read that doesn't say that is the fault. The garage gave me the diagnostic report and there are 2 and a half A4  pages of sensors in the car.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#52 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:01 pm

Another old cold chisel bites the dust?

no, I started with virgin 10 mm hex 303 stainless bar. You can't cut up tools that's bodging, not allowed in this workshop.

Edited by leehenty, 05 May 2021 - 07:42 am.

#53 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 03:30 pm

Awful weather kept me in and I found a new tool to play with, a ball turning attachment. So....

Edited by leehenty, 20 May 2021 - 06:23 pm.

#54 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:18 pm

That bike will be unrecognisable as Trumph before long Lee, a fortune to be made in bike blingey bits ya know.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#55 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 07:02 pm

That's a pretty good finish for a machined ball. :good:

#56 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:16 pm

As long as the carbide tip is sharp and you take a fine slow finish cut, it polishes up well.
This is my first attempt to at ball turning on this lathe, centre height and getting the axis of the ball turner dead centre is critical or you end up egg shaped.

#57 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,792 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 May 2021 - 07:14 am

As long as the carbide tip is sharp and you take a fine slow finish cut, it polishes up well.
This is my first attempt to at ball turning on this lathe, centre height and getting the axis of the ball turner dead centre is critical or you end up egg shaped.

Impressive! Is it a CNC machine or are you doing it manually?

Bjørge

#58 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:35 am

Manually

#59 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,777 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 21 May 2021 - 10:11 am

There's some proper skill on display there Lee. Top job!

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#60 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,357 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 21 May 2021 - 10:14 am

What shiny balls you have Lee!

Proper bling. :good:

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users