• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 17 August 2021 - 02:34 pm

Hope it's what you expect Bjorge, enjoy! :good:

We will need some pics asap you understand.

I'd keep the Mk1 if space allows.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#82 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 17 August 2021 - 08:12 pm

A nice bike. I was the opposite and was looking forward to all the Gadgets on my Multistrada. 

I found the Cruise control is great for use in average speed cameras, 

The Bluetooth links my phone, satnav and headset together, and lets me control the volume and music from my handlebars.

I don't have the active suspension because its got all Öhlins gear on there but there are is no doubt plenty of other tech too that you could argue is so good its not even noticed. 

The main thing for me was going around a corner in 2nd without having to ride the clutch. And opening the throttle in a high gear and being able to smoothly pick up speed rather than chugging. 

Not a big issue, and not something that probably couldn't easily be solved with almost any Fuel injected bike, but at the end of the day, that's a computer too.

Where some people see gadgets as a hinderance or distraction (and I partially agree some things are), I think in general, technology takes us forward and it's quite the opposite. Taking away concentration on exactly how the bike needs to be ridden leaves more time for eyes and attention on the road. 

That being said, it may result in higher repair bills and less owner fixability. 

On BMW's, I particularly like the R1200rs and keep insisting it would fit the bill for what my brother is after at the moment. One of the last true Sports oriented tourers? A cracking bike either way. 

Multistrada !  Nice one Lew. :good: Now cruise control is one of the add-ons I'd love to have, esp. on them long boring motorway rides.  Not sure I'd want all the latest gizmos like the latest R1 has though.

Okay, now I may seem ridicolous.... I had second thoughts, and abandoned the BMW right before I was to call the owner to make a deal  :hide:

Went back to try the '19 Tracer 700 again, and had confirmed the reason for heavy handling was indeed a flattish front tyre. But - the owner (commission sale) had changed his mind this very morning and was coming to pick up the bike...

So still no bike decision; Then it occurred me that maybe some Yam dealer still had T7s for sale, and voilá! Within 30 minutes I'd signed a contract. Still not tested the bike as there are no demos around...

I have been afraid to make a wrong pick of my next bike. But (judged by the total lack of both new and used T7/T700s in the Norwegian market) I thought it would be safe to ive it a go and probably be able to sell the bike on if I have a chenge of heart.

Not sure if I'd keep the old Mk1 as I originally planned to - at least I'll try to sell it. The T7 is about as close to the Mk1 as you can get. I doubt the Mk1 will bring me more than half the price of the upgrades and new parts it's equipped with, a pity you guys are too far away for buying the goodies....

So - a few interesting days ahead: New bike on friday, new age (60) on monday !

Congratulations on yer noo steed Bjorge. :drinks:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#83 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 17 August 2021 - 10:10 pm

Congratulations on yer noo steed Bjorge. :drinks:

Thanks! Looking forward to pick it up on friday and do some ~400kms home 😎
Bjørge

#84 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 18 August 2021 - 09:13 am

New bike take it easy with all that power
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#85 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 11:40 am

New bike take it easy with all that power

...talking about the 72BHP of the T7 ?  :lol:

Bjørge

#86 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 19 August 2021 - 07:51 pm

And Happy Birthday for Monday, for my 60th I treated myself to a sub 3,000 mile 2013 TDM, though after riding my old 2004 60,000 mile one a while later wondered why I didn’t just keep the bike and the cash!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#87 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 08:43 pm

Ah but you got years of life left in the newer one
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#88 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 06:56 am

Thanks, didn't really think of it as a 60th anniversary gift-but now I do 😁. Having kept an old bike running 16 years and a car for 11 years I really feel I deserve it.
I'm prepared for thoughts like "nah, the old Mk1 was just as fun as this", but want variation in life. Will sell the old cow to burn all bridges and free some parts storage space😁
Bjørge

#89 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 07:21 am

And Happy Birthday for Monday, for my 60th I treated myself to a sub 3,000 mile 2013 TDM, though after riding my old 2004 60,000 mile one a while later wondered why I didn’t just keep the bike and the cash!

I often think that, since the old one is sitting in my garage. I went out on her on Sunday as the white one is sitting on the ramp without a back wheel and had a blast. I did a 60 mile loop to get some shopping in Kelso. I have added all the bits and pieces so that both bikes are more or less the same like renthals, bar risers, hand guards and there really is nothing to choose between the 20.000 mile 2012 one and the 61,000 2004.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#90 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 05:02 pm

That's why I'm keeping my 2002.

#91 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 05:13 pm

Ah but you got years of life left in the newer one

Well it will see me out!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users