#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:03 pm

Like, will never own, needs screen finishing.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 Phil McLaughlin

Phil McLaughlin

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 164 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:34 pm

interesting.....

http://www.visordown...ming/25397.html

#4 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:11 pm

Hmmm. Worth a look :unsure2:

#5 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:05 pm

same thing posted here: http://www.carpe-tdm...=28758&p=301753

I note they mention that it might be called, wait for it: the TDM900 :huh:  Pigs might fly. As I said already, I like the idea of it but would not want a triple. If they beef up the MT-07 and go head to head with the BMW F800GS, then we'd be talking. It all looks promising though. 

I notice XTreme on that site, what bike has he got now Cattee? He must've had a dozen since his DR650, that was the last bike I can remember him having. Or did he get a Divvy? And what is that site anyway, is it new?

Sorry mate I seem to be asking you a lot of questions of late :lol:

Edited by muddy, 14 August 2014 - 04:10 pm.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#6 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,083 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:17 pm

bike looks very short that's why they put the stalk out the back for taillight etc. with luggage on and two up you are going to be cramped.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#7 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,438 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:13 pm

same thing posted here: http://www.carpe-tdm...=28758&p=301753

I note they mention that it might be called, wait for it: the TDM900 :huh:  Pigs might fly. As I said already, I like the idea of it but would not want a triple. If they beef up the MT-07 and go head to head with the BMW F800GS, then we'd be talking. It all looks promising though. 

I notice XTreme on that site, what bike has he got now Cattee? He must've had a dozen since his DR650, that was the last bike I can remember him having. Or did he get a Divvy? And what is that site anyway, is it new?

Sorry mate I seem to be asking you a lot of questions of late :lol:

I missed that last post.

That's his newbie, he popped up on XRV looking at Transalps and PMed me. Was nice to here from him as he doesn't post on maxbikes anymore, even though he's an english hating piss taking welsh man. :lol:  Last bike has just been sold, FZ6 and is now looking for an XT. Think he had a spell without a bike too but I'm sure there's a few we don't know about.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#8 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:18 pm

I missed that last post.

That's his newbie, he popped up on XRV looking at Transalps and PMed me. Was nice to here from him as he doesn't post on maxbikes anymore, even though he's an english hating piss taking welsh man. :lol:  Last bike has just been sold, FZ6 and is now looking for an XT. Think he had a spell without a bike too but I'm sure there's a few we don't know about.

Yeah, I liked reading the daft bugger's posts on Maxbikes. His piss taking was mostly good natured, or at least that's how I saw it. I can't say that about others there though-calling people c**ts and idiots every post just isn't pleasant to spend any time around and kills forums dead.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#9 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:00 pm

Don't be too hasty to knock the triple - it's a stonking engine with a really wide power band, from trickling around at 30 in top to cleanly running to 11500 rpm - nice!

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#10 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:02 pm

Don't be too hasty to knock the triple - it's a stonking engine with a really wide power band, from trickling around at 30 in top to cleanly running to 11500 rpm - nice!

i had a shot of the MT-09 at the Scottish Bike Show - it was wet and only had it in B mode but was impressed with riding position, weight distribution and overall feel

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#11 Deauman

Deauman

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:25 pm

I wouldn't say no to a triple.  Probably the only bike I would swap the TDM for would be a Tiger 1050 Sport.  That is a very sweet engine.

#12 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,438 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:34 am

I rode the sport and the buzzing through the bike put me right off. 

2002 TDM900 Yellow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users