• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lance

lance

seems to like Carpe

• 42 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:22 am

firstly im not a rep for staintune and im not getting a kick back so here i go ,,,i fitted a staintune 2 into 1 exhaust to mt 99 tdm and i cant believe the difference . it dropped around 10 kg in weight and gained a couple of horses ..looks great and with the restrictor out it sounds like a harley. It pulls your arms off right through all the gears and rev ranges and with a tooth off the front sprocket its as smooth as silk. dont see me needing to buy another bike for the rest of my days. long and short get one smile.gif

oh and while on the subject are there any other tdm owners in the perth australia area .would like to contact and mabe exchange some ideas

#2 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:18 am

Hi Lance did you have the bike dyno'd before and after fitting or are you presuming it gained ponies due to yer longer arms, any pics ??? Wick

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 lance

lance

seems to like Carpe

• 42 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:38 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Mon 12th Jun 2006, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Lance did you have the bike dyno'd before and after fitting or are you presuming it gained ponies due to yer longer arms, any pics ??? Wick

hi Wick, i didnt get to dyno it before n after but its a totaly different bike now amazing increase in get up n go stakes and yes my knuckles are draggin on the ground.
im working on a pic ,got to work out how to post it on here but its on its way

#4 Big Bird

Big Bird

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:07 am

QUOTE(lance @ Mon 12th Jun 2006, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
......i fitted a staintune 2 into 1 exhaust to mt 99 tdm and i cant believe the difference . it dropped around 10 kg in weight and gained a couple of horses ..looks great and with the restrictor out it sounds like a harley a big grunty TDM850 in-line twin

Good news - I've a Staintune zorst too, not that I had any intention of re-fitting the standard system

#5 huckinNZ

huckinNZ

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:38 am

QUOTE(Big Bird @ Wed 14th Jun 2006, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good news - I've a Staintune zorst too, not that I had any intention of re-fitting the standard system

Hey guy's, I to am looking to add Staintunes (2002 900), there was a previous post re a tad load, I do want to sharpen up delivery and make it a bit rortier but don't want to deafen, what you say? Also how much do you pay for them in the land of the big deserts, sharks n sunshine? HuckinNZ

#6 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:52 am

QUOTE(huckinNZ @ Mon 9th Oct 2006, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guy's, I to am looking to add Staintunes (2002 900), there was a previous post re a tad load, I do want to sharpen up delivery and make it a bit rortier but don't want to deafen, what you say? Also how much do you pay for them in the land of the big deserts, sharks n sunshine? HuckinNZ

I've had Staintunes on an R1100R, VTR1000 and the TDM900. The 900 is loud in comparison to all of them(The label says 94db I find it hard to believe though). I've chosen to leave the restrictors in all the time, The VTR never had the restrictors in, it had a much deeper note too. Can't remember what they cost, plus I bought mine with a discount voucher my club(BMW) was issuing from Staintune as a promo. TDM/BMW, whats the diff? still only three letters.

Al

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#7 nic_oz

nic_oz

discovering Carpe

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:16 am

I got Megacycle here in Melbourne to custom make my exhausts, I got to pick how loud I wanted them, shape and material.
All that for $600 so about $300 less than the staintunes !!

I love the sound now, very deep bass rumble at idle and oh boy when you drop a gear an open up .... banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

Nic

PS: The guys at megacycle actually explained that the stainless exhuast (like staintune) will give a high pitch (annoying) sound due to the higher resonant frequency of stainless steel. Aulimnium, been softer has lower frequency and hence deeper note, and it's much cheaper. Only problem is that you need to maintain them to keep the shine !!

Edited by nic_oz, 09 October 2006 - 06:21 am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users