#1 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:25 pm

what a cracking evening, so I set off around 5pm to Wray near Bentham.

I rode via Sabden, Sawley, Slaidburn and through the Trough of Bowland into Wray. 80miles to get there and 2 hours(ish)

Here's a few photos

looks like Scotland with the twisty Road
Hi7E1HO.jpg

not a soul in sight

AKSrBGb.jpg

7cBGGMp.jpg

ubiquitous selfie

YdTVcCU.jpg

bit busy, it was rammed
19QTyUI.jpg

2WL3yXE.jpg

L5KnXeL.jpg

one of those Chinese Ajs, looks good though, only 125cc

GWK96dR.jpg

and a picky of me at Rivvy over the tops

5TBcWMY.jpg

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:23 am

Great pics, as a yoof the Z650 was my dream bike, thanks for sharing. :clapping:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:00 pm

Great pics, as a yoof the Z650 was my dream bike, thanks for sharing. :clapping:

Back in the day my mate had a z650. It was a good bike but he reckoned it vibrated quite badly for a four. Mind you at the same time I had a z750 twin which was full of fancy balance shafts etc, but it vibrated that bad above 70mph that it used to blow its headlight bulbs.

We once did a Lands End to John o'Groats run in 24 hours and I had to stop off in Inverness until dawn because the headlight kept blowing.  When I set off at 6am I had 3 hours to do 150 miles on a full tank of 3 gallons and the bike did around 50 mpg. I got there with 2 minutes to spare and did it just within 24 hours from setting off at Lands End! I was on reserve with a thimble full of juice left in the tank. Happy days.

Riggers.

#4 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:45 pm

its on again this Thursday.

TDM not ready as wheel being painted so might go on the FZ600

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users