#21 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 April 2020 - 03:52 pm

You can also see everything in Gallery view daps mouse over and piccies enlarge, help to check elusive items down.

Just wait a smidge for gallery to load...

Edited by dablik, 19 April 2020 - 03:53 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#22 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 19 April 2020 - 04:18 pm

Oooh yeah gallery ta dabbers, that works.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#23 Hombre

Hombre

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 19 April 2020 - 09:34 pm

Also anyone had luck solving this Speedo skipping issue? I don't want my clock dial to break as I know some have.

I took my speedo head apart as far as it would allow as it's not designed for hammertewer servicing. Then ran some oil in, moved it around and drained it out. The object of that was to lube the bearing hidden inside. It worked for a while but the skipping returned. If not solved then the needle fatigues and breaks off eventually. Not sure there is a solution other than a speedo service (careful when you Google that!)
The cable can be checked. Usually it's inner fails at the low point where water has got in and settled causing rusting.

Edited by Hombre, 19 April 2020 - 09:46 pm.

<p>BSA C15T, Ducati 200 Elite, Villiers Cub Trials Bitsa, Ariel Huntmaster, AJS 650 CSR, Sunbeam S7, Suzuki 650 Katana, Honda 400-4, Bultaco 350 Sherpa, Cotton Minarelli, Fantic 303, Yamaha SRX 400, Yamaha 550 Virago, Kawasaki ZZR 1100,  Fantic 305, Yamaha TDM 850 '91, Yamaha TDM 900 '04.  Ducati 200 Elite (again and now completed restoration), Yamaha SRX-600

#24 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:16 am

I took my speedo head apart as far as it would allow as it's not designed for hammertewer servicing. Then ran some oil in, moved it around and drained it out. The object of that was to lube the bearing hidden inside. It worked for a while but the skipping returned. If not solved then the needle fatigues and breaks off eventually. Not sure there is a solution other than a speedo service (careful when you Google that!)
The cable can be checked. Usually it's inner fails at the low point where water has got in and settled causing rusting.

& that's what I've found too, along with a snapped cable, just past the squared end, which would engage and disengage the frayed ends temporarily, causing erratic speedo. The cable would turn when rotated by hand. RD250 & XS850.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#25 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:26 pm

I wait with anticipation to hear of your solution. 

I have a perfect length phirrips with thin shaft chortle and stops just by battery tray front. Fiddly to turn with sausage mitts so I have removed battery tray and will connect battery remotely.

Thar she blows

Now to find the carbtunes....hmmmmm. Think oil do lower shock bolt and start the carbtune search tomato!!

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#26 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 05:08 pm

Well least ya got room to test the bike daps after ya finished :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#27 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 01:24 pm

;0)

Lower shock bolt installed 2005 ish. Can't remember taking it out since, it came out lovely. Bush lovely. All cleaned and marine greased back oooop.

Now carbtunes....here carbtunes... Hmmm

#28 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 21 April 2020 - 01:49 pm

;0)

Lower shock bolt installed 2005 ish. Can't remember taking it out since, it came out lovely. Bush lovely. All cleaned and marine greased back oooop.

Now carbtunes....here carbtunes... Hmmm

PK how many miles has she done since ya overhauled the carbs all those years ago and did ya use Yamaha or Factory Pro parts at the time?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#29 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:04 pm

I guess I did em when I rebuilt enjun so about 50,000 moiles ago maybe. All I did is replace mulshions with factory Pro. Everything else is same apart from decent allen bolts in covers.

Found carbtune....connectors noubt loike vacuums on boike so will need to make some adapters....Heinz synch instructions funny...warm up boike...remove the tank...lolzio yeahhhh cous noubt else has to come off first. :0)

.maybe tomorrow out of time. Ughhh

#30 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:24 pm

Haven't you got a temporary fuel bottle ?
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#31 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:18 pm

Not needed Lee. Tank just pivots to side still connected. Just larfin at Heinz instructions that fail to mention to get tank off..need to remove side fairings, top fairings, seat ...and then tank...at which point yer warmed up boike would be not very warm.

Also no mention of removing hairbox for adjustment.

#32 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 01:56 pm

Carbs balanced. Only slightly ooot by maybe a cmHg after ermm a few years.

Warmed up boike nekked with tank to side.
Removed battery and remote connected (it didn't much loike me jump leads lost alorra ooomph)
Tweaky tweaky
Vroom
Tweaky tweaky
Repeat a lot
Realise this is going the same way as wheel balancing... Stop after a few hours
Bung it back together
Jobs a carrot
....above to remind for next time

Speedo cable ear from fowlups.

I took my plastic headlight protectors off last year as the velcro was starting to look ropey...now where did I put them grrr

#33 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 22 April 2020 - 07:14 pm

Good stuff.  Nice when it all goes to plan eh. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#34 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 08:22 pm

...I glossed over the bits that didn't go to plan SR.....loike putting battery bacon and turning tank round....starting boike pioopppp farrttttt bannnnnng ...hmmm feck have I just unbalanced carbs...nope just forgot to reattach fool pamp vac hose!!!

#35 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:36 pm

Given up searching for the headlight protectors ughhhh.

Next item, the ecumenical juans enjun bars.

If I have em in correct place, looks like they loop through the side fairing. Which could be annoying when it's tinker time as side fairing would be flapping around on the bar unless bar is removed.

Also means I would need longer enjun mount bolts.

Who thinks it is worth the bother?

Currently held in place with cable ties.

#36 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:07 pm

Looks like the radiator bracket might be in the way of one of the crash bar bolts too ?  Looks like they'd do a brill job at protecting the bike though. Shouldn't be much of a problem once fitted as yer tinkerin'/fettlin' might be a rare occasion.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#37 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:15 pm

Given up searching for the headlight protectors ughhhh.

Next item, the ecumenical juans enjun bars.

If I have em in correct place, looks like they loop through the side fairing. Which could be annoying when it's tinker time as side fairing would be flapping around on the bar unless bar is removed.

Also means I would need longer enjun mount bolts.

Who thinks it is worth the bother?

Currently held in place with cable ties.

attachicon.gif IMG_20200423_153203.jpg

Nah thas the very reason i opted fer Renntec when i bought crash bars as although i looked at the same ones as in yer pitcher above and thought better of it. There are  a few crash bar options out there atm so oi'd urge He to reconsider and buy summit more user friendly.

https://www.ebay.co....F4AAOSwunNdmgYI

Not cheap though but i loike the look of dem and ya can stihl remove soide panels. 

Edited by wicklamulla, 23 April 2020 - 03:18 pm.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#38 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:26 pm

Get some decent bars http://www.rm-g.pl/y...850-gmole-duze/

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#39 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 03:31 pm

It's either these bars or noubt..I ain't spending more on the bars than the boike cost...else I will need bars to protect me expensive bars

These work, G kindly tested em for me....just not sure it's worth hassle.

Will have a look at that rad bolt hole tomoz, good spot.

#40 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 04:47 pm

Them's not Renntec issem daps, they got a cross rail on the front of the engwin....stick em on matey.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users