#41 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 23 April 2020 - 05:27 pm

Anyone know bolt grade/specs for engine mount bolts? Guess I will need to take one ooot to measure to know how much longer it needs to be anyways!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#42 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:24 pm

At least 10.9 daps, han gon ill go look for length......thems what i bought BUT hold fire i wanna make sure they are 1.25 pitch, quite sure but rather check tomorrow as i've bought so much shoite lately.......so looks like 60mm long plus enough for ya crash bar, prolly 65mm, prolly txt info as no access to pc in day.... no 65mm only 70mm..

Edited by dablik, 23 April 2020 - 06:26 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#43 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:55 pm

Spot on ta dabs.

Are yours hex head? They is recessed so not sure there would be room for hex (as in linky dink) rather than Allen?

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#44 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:35 am

You'll need Hex heads to fit the engine bars for sure daps, my bars not currently fitted cos aint finished yet but previous with Hex heads, i'll go out soon an measure up for ya, need a bit brekky, then if i can get on ere will post or send info, swmbo working from home an a early bird xx

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#45 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:40 am

Brill thanks dabs.

#46 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 06:23 am

Okay dappers check ya phone for pics matey, cant upload onto pc just now as her is shifting me off the pc....

M10 x 60mm hex head 1.25 pitch... per the ebay link bud...

#47 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 07:55 am

Ok great ta. I can't be downloading your uploadings for some raisin. Don't think me phone does pics.

Got sizes now ta to you so will have another look and see if oi can be bothered or no.

I like that the bars don't attach direct to enjun as that seems very daft to me and asking for a bust enjun.....but I do like a tinker and the side panel dangling might drive me nuts.

#48 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 04:30 pm

That's approx 5mm out to simulate engine bar fit

Attached File  DSC_0163.JPG   83.75KB   0 downloads

Plenty through the mount

Attached File  DSC_0165.JPG   112.02KB   0 downloads

Also ifya need to know the normal Alan head bolt through the frame holder recess is 45mm from end to under the head :good:

#49 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:41 pm

So should be ok with 60mm then hey dabs, ta for that measuring. Not sure what frame holder recess is aboot? Are the places this ting bolts not all same length?

I gave the bars a clean today and tweaked the bracket straight on one side.

And found the headlight protectors.

Yer boike so lubbly and clean and shiney dabs.

#50 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 24 April 2020 - 07:57 pm

Ok great ta. I can't be downloading your uploadings for some raisin. Don't think me phone does pics.

Got sizes now ta to you so will have another look and see if oi can be bothered or no.

I like that the bars don't attach direct to enjun as that seems very daft to me and asking for a bust enjun.....but I do like a tinker and the side panel dangling might drive me nuts.

i agree do a point,  i have seen some bars (on all manner of different bikes) which appear to have over long lever point attachments that look ripe for crank case destruction. 

When i fitted the Renntec enjun crash bars to No.7 i decided to use a long threaded bar to attach them (same crankcase holes that the 3VD alloy bash plate mounts thru)  instead of the 2 supplied shorter individual bolts simply cos i reckon it spreads the load and forces over 2 sides instead of 1.  I have tested the theory a few times and the Renntecs have saved the day nicely and me cranky cases are intact. 

I have bought a set of the RD Moto ones (in my link several posts back) for me 3VD as i reckon they offer more protection for the side panels allied to similar protection around the enjun akin to the Renntecs.  Oil suck it and see.

Dablik she's looking new new new and as Madonna would say 'Loike a Virgin'.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#51 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 07:11 am

Yes daps 60mm will do it, ya can go a bit longer you want as enough room behind the mount..........

Frame holder recess is simply where the original mount bolt sits in it's recess when tightened up.....that bolt is 45mm and your replacing it with a longer hex head for engine bars..

Yep she's clean chaps and that is a bit of a problem, keep finding shitty bits all the time...

#52 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:38 am

Not sure how I ever managed to find time for work!!!

Headlight protectors fitted with 1cm clear 3m dual lock dots.

New Speedo cable fitted. On comparison with oldun there is no visible sign of wear on old inner. So I'm not convinced this will fix the wag but a good first step.

#53 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:14 am

Not sure how I ever managed to find time for work!!!

Headlight protectors fitted with 1cm clear 3m dual lock dots.

New Speedo cable fitted. On comparison with oldun there is no visible sign of wear on old inner. So I'm not convinced this will fix the wag but a good first step.

that stuff is amazing,  it holds the headloight protector in situ on my 4TX.  I'd loike a 3VD set too though.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#54 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:37 pm

PK look at this pic. I wonder if your bars cud be fitted the same way as this MK2?

Attached Files

#55 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:09 pm

They Cannae but ta.

#56 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:56 pm

Bars fitted. Look quite neat. Hope not to do any investigation as to how effective they are.

Boike back together and run to temp, alles goed.

#57 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:55 pm

:good:  Are you planning on using it when we get the green light ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#58 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:23 pm

Bars fitted. Look quite neat. Hope not to do any investigation as to how effective they are.

Boike back together and run to temp, alles goed.

Ride out Batman :good:

#59 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 05:43 pm

Prolly not alot. Back to work next week...I didn't have enough time to get bored that's for sure! And now to catch up 2 jobs worth of 2 months work backlog.

#60 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 06:22 pm

Oh your gonna need that ride out soon then, good luck :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users