#21 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:04 pm

QUOTE(fredtucker @ Thu 6th May 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or do I get the award for the least used TDM?

I think you win. iwin.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#22 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:09 pm

I did ZERO miles for 2 consecutive years.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#23 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:28 pm

QUOTE(fredtucker @ Thu 6th May 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or do I get the award for the least used TDM?

QUOTE(dapleb @ Thu 6th May 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did ZERO miles for 2 consecutive years.

putemup.gif putemup.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#24 Guest_battymatty_*

Guest_battymatty_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:20 pm

QUOTE(Godzillamonster @ Fri 14th Mar 2008, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who's got the highest mileage out of their TDM (so far) and what issues have you had?

My old beast ('91 3VD) has done 152 000 miles - approx 250 000 kms and still going strong

Anyone clocked up more & what issues might be coming my way?

Gearbox failure at 39000 miles on mine, second engine fitted (also aaround 40,000 miles) going strong touch wood. however ive had endless other things wear out.
my mate also had his shock mount snap.

#25 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:32 pm

2003 900 - owned from new 100,070 miles arriving back from LEJoG.
Alternator 46k, then 2nd alternator at 96k - no other issues.

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#26 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:06 pm

2000MKIIa on 38,000 miles, i have done about 30k of them. No real problems but i did re-engine the bike about 3 years ago despite the original enjun being strong/powerful but it drank oil so the low mileage replacement sips oil in comparison. Oh i did replace the starter relay. A very cheap boike to buy, run and maintain, i'd have anudder but it'd have to be a MKI.

Edited by wicklamulla, 15 May 2010 - 01:07 pm.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#27 mabozzar

mabozzar

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:48 pm

Guys,, what high miles do these tdms do comfortably . an obviously serviced well.. wid jist like to know..ching

#28 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:45 pm

There are several carpe members with monster mileages on all the marques.

They'll run to over100k if looked after, 

Pick a number and double it  :)

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#29 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:38 am

Mines done 95k miles, and if I'm honest I've not be overly kind to it.

Mr Henty was over some weeks back and was impressed with the state of the cams when we did the shims.

I think Celtic has over 120k miles...

MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#30 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:54 am

The 850 is more prone to burning oil than the 9'er which results in a build up of carbon deposits.  The piston rings also wear more quickly on the 850.  That said, they're still perfectly useable at 60-70,000 miles, so long as oil usage isn't too excessive, and no reason why a top end refurb wouldn't last another 60-70,000 or more.

I'd deffo recommend you check the oil level on a very regular basis until you get some idea of usage.  Some can use a litre of oil or more per 1000 miles.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#31 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:10 pm

There was nothing wrong with the cams in dmmsta's bike at all. No pitting or scuffs or scoring, the usual signs of high mileage engine wear. Looking at the inside of the engine, it was very clean so he must have used reasonably decent oil and changed it more or less on time.

These injection engines are clean runners anyway and the ceramic liners in the bores must help with less oil contamination.

After seeing his engine insides at 95k plus, I've no worries keeping my bike until 120k or more, I'll be in an old folks home by then though.

The TDM is not a highly stressed, high revving design anyway, so it ought to last.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#32 TRX

TRX

discovering Carpe

• 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:58 am

2002 with 90,000kms . Bought it with 50,000 odd kay on it . given it the berries often and it never flinches .Dropped it 4x's .2 stationary and 2 slow speed , so she's looking a little tardy atm . it's even had an outing with the brewmaster hahaha

#33 NEUK

NEUK

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 59 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:53 pm

My new bought baby has 18k on it. 2005 model registered in 2006. I have a lot of catching up to do! Have done about 600 miles on her so far and end up simply smiling on each ride..............hope to continue for 100k plus to come. Test rode GS1200 and GS800's and enjoyed TDM more :P  

Attached Files

NEUK Rider

#34 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:32 pm

Slowly slowly catchy mhunkey.  I hope to get to 250,000 ...over my lifetime.

Today I hit:

Attached File  90000.JPG   154.17KB   0 downloads

New tyre scrubbed and first proper proper roide of the year......what a complete blast.  Forget how mush fun TDM after using Dave for winter commute duties.

For me, the TDM is far greater that the sum of its components. :badgerrock:

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#35 celticbiker

celticbiker

has been here 4ever

• 1,726 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:28 pm

Well done Dappers only 45000 to go.
Thing is though, did you put all of those on there?

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help

(")-(") him gain world domination!

#36 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:34 pm

90,000 miles exactly. :badgerrock:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#37 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:48 pm

No CB.  I am prolly at 75,000 personal TDM moiles on mkIi and mkI, which aint too shabby for a non commutin boike.  But oid hope to git to 250,000 personal moiles afore I croak...fingers crossed n'all.  Never plan on sellin this thing so hopefully oil still be tortoisin along when all you modern fellows are electrifryin everywhere. :lol:

Thought it'd be rude not to stop fur a snap SR....though there are some rude boogers on the M4 hey bloomin beepin n hollerin.   :P

#38 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:52 pm

A couple more trips down to and around the east bloc should get you sorted dappers ,if ya leave now like  :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#39 celticbiker

celticbiker

has been here 4ever

• 1,726 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:25 pm

Lets me know when you get to 100000 and oil make ewe one of them there coffee and walnut cakes

Edited by celticbiker, 26 May 2014 - 07:26 pm.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help

(")-(") him gain world domination!

#40 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:37 pm

:yeyeye: OI LOIKE CAKE!!!

Now theres incentive to get the moiles done.  Prolly be aboot 2016/17. :)

Dabbers, if oi had the cash and me travelling amigo hadnt gawn sold his touring ve-hickle to CB, then oid be there every chance oi got. :badgerrock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users