#3521 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:40 am

Looking at the pics I think you might want to investigate your front right caliper. Clean/lube the pistons maybe, as the rust on the disk is showing that it isn't really doing much for you :)

What an eye !

Bjørge

#3522 Quadsey

Quadsey

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 52 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:42 am

Cheers for that, I'll look into it.

"Touch not, less ye be touched" -Brodie 1995

#3523 spike240

spike240

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:28 pm

Fitted this. A friend has one fitted and I was amazed how much of a battering it got from the crap thrown up.Attached File  20190403_091414.jpg   175.02KB   2 downloads

#3524 Quadsey

Quadsey

• 52 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:46 am

Fitted this. A friend has one fitted and I was amazed how much of a battering it got from the crap thrown up.attachicon.gif 20190403_091414.jpg

That's a tidy little piece, where'd you get it from?

#3525 spike240

spike240

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:42 pm

That's a tidy little piece, where'd you get it from?

I made it from a piece of 3mm ali plate. I made a paper template using the one on my mates bike. The ali was around £9 from ebay.
It was quite easy to cut using a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade. The bends were made in a vice.

#3526 Quadsey

Quadsey

• 52 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:31 am

I made it from a piece of 3mm ali plate. I made a paper template using the one on my mates bike. The ali was around £9 from ebay.
It was quite easy to cut using a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade. The bends were made in a vice.

Fair play to you. it looks great! I'll have to give it a go myself.

#3527 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:15 pm

I have seen people use a hose that fits snugly on the porcelain.  It lets you spin the sparkplug and then you can pull off the hose to tighten.  It also has the advantage of being flexible.

Aye... I've had the hose hit the porcelain too, and it sure as hell made me spin with sparks. (Jeez it was cold!) Aye, pulling off the hose does tend to tighten it. She's never seen the advantage of it being flexible though. 

:groucho:

I'll fetch me coat...

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#3528 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:32 pm

Mounted the spots but need some extra wire before I can wire them up. Also tensioned the chain after cleaning and lubing it.

I mounted a set of those LED DRL's on the inside of the fairing, see here, and got some unexpected reactions from at least one dozy twat... thought I was the plod, and pulled over immediately!

:att: :att:  :att:  :att:  :att:

Some people must perceive them as more blue and flickering?? (Probably a result of their car window tint and the bike's motion on the road.)

I think your mounting might have less "sensational" reactions from the tin cans than my effort.

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#3529 Quadsey

Quadsey

• 52 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:24 pm

Haha I bought a set of dust cap LEDs a while back that were blue and much to my surprise had a strobe effect. I only left them on for one journey, didn't fancy the hassle they would bring from the fuzz if seen with them.

#3530 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:04 pm

Aye... I've had the hose hit the porcelain too, and it sure as hell made me spin with sparks. (Jeez it was cold!) Aye, pulling off the hose does tend to tighten it. She's never seen the advantage of it being flexible though. 

:groucho:

I'll fetch me coat...

Australian humour ? Fine by me !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#3531 poppykle

poppykle

really likes Carpe

• 83 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:36 am

Got the 900 back from the repairers, went through to check and tighten screws. Washed and polished.  Ready for action if only the body was as well. 

#3532 TDM4ever

TDM4ever

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:39 pm

Just fitted Barkbusters Storm S1 set on my 9er. Web page said they wouldn't fit the 2010 model, but lo and behold, they did.

I did have to partially dismount right mirror assembly to slide the clamp under the brake fluid reservoir. Easy enough.

Do you have some pics showing how the Barksbusters are fitted?

#3533 Karpo

Karpo

sticking around

• 24 posts
  • TDM model: 1994

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:16 am

Do you have some pics showing how the Barksbusters are fitted?

Take a look at terrym's post from 2012. That one has pretty good pictures.

2010 TDM900A 

1994 TDM850

#3534 TDM4ever

TDM4ever

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:46 am

Take a look at terrym's post from 2012. That one has pretty good pictures.

:signthankspin:

#3535 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:00 pm

Charged battery and started first time in 6 months - bit of a cough and away it went - its a bit easier than the Buell for getting to work and back

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#3536 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:57 pm

Charged battery and started first time in 6 months - bit of a cough and away it went - its a bit easier than the Buell for getting to work and back

Keep the love affair going M :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3537 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:36 pm

A few weeks ago I fitted db killers to the exhausts because this is the loudest bike I've ever owned and I was afraid I'd upset the neighbours at 7:30 every morning.

So after some time with a quiet bike and the young lad taking the piss outta me cos the bike was sounding like any old bike I decided to remove the db killers 

She's back to being nice and loud now so feck the neighbours those feckin things are not goin back it  :badgerrock:

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#3538 skedaddle

skedaddle

• 52 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:46 pm

Haha, good man! I'm usually in work for 7. Neighbours must hate me.

#3539 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:02 pm

Toppled the bike over trying to put paddock stand up 😢
Luckily I have engine bars but bent my 900 lever (anyone have one?)
Broke indicators that side but have spares and cracked more of the fairing

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#3540 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:26 pm

got an MOT but waiting till next month to tax it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users