Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:30 pm

I am on it.

N9iUGco.jpg

m8Nmuhc.jpg

I've actually ended up with them a bit lower than I was originally planning but its still fine.  Fired the bike up and its so quiet.  

I let it run up to temperature for a basic test to make sure the ecu is behaving and all seems to be good. 

just need to build up the body work now and sort out that hydraulic clutch setup. 

#222 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:46 pm

Nice one coxy, looking good, what will you do about mk1 plastics, put the bike on the road and do them at leisure or get them sorted 1st..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#223 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:43 pm

I am just looking at options at the moment. I love the look of the mk1. I am also looking at options for making up some custom side panels for the 900 fairing as an option. The stock side panels are horrible. The bike looks better with no panels than those

#224 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:40 am

From certain angles it looks a bit naff i agree, ho hum let's see what happens, be interesting none the less.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#225 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:59 am

Do you still want to try these mk1 side panels matey ?  PM me yer address and I'll get them posted to ya if you do. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#226 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:46 pm

i'd like to give it a go. I'll drop you a pm

#227 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:53 pm

exhaust system did look cool at that steep angle as it kind of looked as though it was running parallel to the rear subframe. she's shaping up nicely.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#228 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:09 pm

2006 Euro tour

Attached Files

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#229 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:12 am

This hydraulic clutch install is becoming a pain in the arse.  I've eventually got it working, needs a good test run before I head up to scotland and risk getting stranded. 

current setup with new switch gear:

JWImIHl.jpg

I need to modify the wiring, and I need to buy a mirror clamp, but otherwise its getting there. once this is done its only bodywork that is left. 

#230 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:26 am

2lqKLjH.jpg

HwRhUSq.jpg

Ready for a test ride. Currently wearing its old clothes. I will look at bodywork later on in the year when I have more time. 

I am busy tonight so probably wont get time to get out on it, but I will definitely be out tomorrow for its maiden test run. 
I need to see what state of tune the ECU is in, if it will run ok, and how much fettling in needs.  
I need to look into tuning options, from what I know there is the lambda autotune setup on the ecu. My exhaust has a lambda port on each header so I can autotune each cylinder individually which will be pretty trick. 
Or I could just book it on the dyno for a mapping session. 

Edited by Coxylaad, 24 April 2019 - 10:26 am.

#231 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 April 2019 - 12:08 pm

Very interested in the drybollik clutch conversion - waiting to see how it goes

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#232 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:48 pm

2lqKLjH.jpg

HwRhUSq.jpg

Ready for a test ride. Currently wearing its old clothes. I will look at bodywork later on in the year when I have more time. 

I am busy tonight so probably wont get time to get out on it, but I will definitely be out tomorrow for its maiden test run. 
I need to see what state of tune the ECU is in, if it will run ok, and how much fettling in needs.  
I need to look into tuning options, from what I know there is the lambda autotune setup on the ecu. My exhaust has a lambda port on each header so I can autotune each cylinder individually which will be pretty trick. 
Or I could just book it on the dyno for a mapping session. 

A Lambda autotune with a standard lambda sensor ? It might not be great but, it will get the cruising and idling sorted out.....and then from that you can start enrichning at various rpm/load points. You could probably use a Power Commander map as a guide.

A wideband sensor might be the recommended solution though, in which case I'm wrong and they're right !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#233 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:28 am

No I am talking about a proper wide band lambda setup. I had something similar on my fireblade track bike, and it worked really well. I built up a really nice feeling map over course 4 x 20 minute track sessions. 

#234 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:11 pm

First ride complete, all good so far!

The ecu map is pretty good out of the box, its doesn't do anything untoward, and the manners are decent. I suspect some fine tuning would lead a bit more punch from about 2.5krpm, but I cant really complain. no soot on exhaust, and it pulls really hard. 

Only really negative was that chinese clutch slave cylinder is a touch slow to return and if I am gunning in it can make the clutch slip ever so slightly. That and I had a bit of play in the throttle cable which is my pet hate. 

Cant complain really! 

NTuKsTy.jpg

BDhsCse.jpg

9BvRziv.jpg

JE0AN09.jpg

few little tweaks to finish off but I am very happy with the outcome. 

#235 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:02 pm

Good job coxy, the bike looks great :good:

#236 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:18 am

Happy Days !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#237 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 April 2019 - 01:44 pm

Looks great, esp. with the twin cans. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#238 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:15 am

looks great, well done  :good:

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#239 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:28 pm

Looks very like a bike I had  :good:

Has it had the seat lowered? Still to dig out these Power commander maps for you  :hide:

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#240 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:51 am

I think it might have had the seat lowered a touch, wither that or its been modified in some way. Not something I would have done being longer in the leg but I really like the riding position so it can stay.

Having made a few tweaks after the last ride out, namely tightened the throttle cables to get the free play out and calibrated the throttle position sensor values on the ecu, the bike is utterly amazing now. 

I cant believe a generic map on a standalone ecu can feel so good. The small amount of fluffiness at low revs must have been down to the fact that at a closed throttle the ecu thought I had a 10% throttle opening, which effectively meant it was overfueling through the lower part of the rev range.  The bike is super clean and crisp now and its got impeccable manners. 

Another thing. When I rebuilt the bike I set the forks 10mm through the yokes to speed up the steering, as everyone does. testing riding the bike I found the front end not to be as confidence inspiring. Before I could feel the tyre biting into the road, and just didn't get that feeling with the bike. So as part of the tweaks I pushed the forks back to the stock position. what a difference. that extra bit of pressure required on the bars really transmits the feedback to what the front end is doing.  we are not weaklings, that extra bit of effort to turn the bars means the feedback through your hands is amplified. 

picture from my desk this morning:

QFkF6gM.jpg

Really liking the new lights. I think I may even just leave the 900 fairing setup on there as the lights really set it off. 

What I am considering doing is making a set of lower 'wings' that fit to the bottom of the side fairing panels and changes the lower lines of the fairing.    

Edited by Coxylaad, 02 May 2019 - 10:10 am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users