#2 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 14 April 2021 - 07:45 pm

They should have been able to send it without charging Portuguese VAT, as you pay the UK VAT worth checking with them maybe?  Although a big chunk of it is usually the couriers admin charges for sorting it out.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 14 April 2021 - 09:00 pm

No VAT from Portugal/EU side just Greedy British Politicians

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#4 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 15 April 2021 - 04:43 am

I have five OEM suppliers of spares in Europe and with each order I place I get an email from the courier company to pay on average £50 in import duties before theyll deliver the consignment, this comes out of my budget, doh !! Brexit Leavers thanks !

Edited by Gdogg, 15 April 2021 - 06:34 am.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:20 am

Get a lot of stuff from the merkins. With postage cost + import duty + "handling fee" (well how else ya gonna deliver it), you can basically take the dollar price, double it..and then replace the $ sign with £ sign and it's aboot right.

If it comes via their postal service rather than courier often the "handling fee" can be avoided and sometimes also the customs charge.

One supplier has started paying all that sheet before they send and seem to be absorbing the cost!!!! So I can order onlion now and all the fees, customs etc etc are already paid by them.

For Euro land... Mayhaps we need a euro correspondent or as favs says just go n gerrit.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 15 April 2021 - 07:44 am

i buy stuff from deporvillage in spain and so far not paid any duty.

got some filters for the cars' from germany and its taking ages to come. Bet they are holding them because some other didn't complete the correct paperwork

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#7 Norwegian

Norwegian

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 162 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 15 April 2021 - 09:29 am

This has been our reality forever, except it got even worse last year when the last little loophole got closed - we could get small parcels worth £25 or less (incl P&P!) VAT-free. No more. So prices generally double before delivery. 

2002 TDM 900 Red/Yellow Cocktail (it's yellow)., biggified some

#8 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 15 April 2021 - 11:52 am

For Euro land... Mayhaps we need a euro correspondent or as favs says just go n gerrit.

The covid restrictions are a bugger too, I reckon I could make a fortune smuggling bike bits if I was still able to travel back and forth regularly  :rotflmmfao: At the moment though it's a 3 week round trip and several hundred quids worth of covid tests. :huh:

They x-ray'd my whole car when I went through Eurotunnel in January though, not sure what they were looking for as I doubt there's many illegal immigrants trying to get to France from the UK by stowing away in car boots, and they weren't at all worried by the cheese and ham sandwich I was munching as I watched them scan the car.  Maybe they were looking for smuggled oil filters and motorbike seats? 

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#9 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,668 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 15 April 2021 - 04:35 pm

Strange, I just had something sent from Israel, an £800 radio, no additional charges, which I assume now is due to it being secondhand.

I'm looking to America now, a few weeks ago the exchange rate was £1 = $1.41. Today it's $1.38

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#10 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 06:41 pm

Second hand has nothing to do with it never has,

I find it a bit hit and miss, used to sometimes dodge charges from USA, now always have to pay

never paid anything from China or Japan,

Europe you have to pay but not from Louis, they sort that

prices will stay high in the UK, no discounts now UK suppliers have us locked in with european prices no longer cheaper,

It must be affecting the EU suppliers, lots of them no longer deliver to the UK when you add items to yours basket, knocks you back

#11 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,668 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 11:23 am

Second hand has nothing to do with it never has,

Well in that case, no duties from Israel ! (this time)

Edited by fixitsan, 16 April 2021 - 11:30 am.

#12 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:05 pm

Well in that case, no duties from Israel ! (this time)

Jobs a good en then  :good:  :drinks:

#13 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:47 am

This has been our reality forever, except it got even worse last year when the last little loophole got closed - we could get small parcels worth £25 or less (incl P&P!) VAT-free. No more. So prices generally double before delivery. 

What we've got lately is a VAT payment service for foreign webshops. Wemoto, ebay and Aliexpress all use it, meaning no handling fees + no purchaser country VAT. Really nice 😎
It's VOEC
Bjørge

#14 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,668 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 11:13 am

What we've got lately is a VAT payment service for foreign webshops. Wemoto, ebay and Aliexpress all use it, meaning no handling fees + no purchaser country VAT. Really nice
It's VOEC

Apparently it started in April 2020 ? Prior to that, was there any VAT on low value items ? 

I think I probably know the answer, because I can't recall many times when VAT obligations were removed.

Death and taxes, as they say

VAT On E-Commerce - VOEC

As a foreign provider of electronic services to Norwegian consumers (B2C), you're obliged to collect and pay VAT to Norwegian tax authorities.

Foreign sellers and online marketplaces must also from 1 April 2020 register, declare and pay VAT on low value goods (below NOK 3,000) sales to Norwegian consumers (B2C).

Foreign sellers and marketplaces that are registered in the VOEC scheme already can use their current registration to report and pay VAT on low value goods. If you only sell electronic services and are registered in the VOES register, you do not need to take any further action.

#15 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 01:56 pm

Seems about right😎
Personally I like this arrangement better and it also hasn't got the side effect of killing norwegian shops that the old regime had (<30EUR no VAT).

Edited by Bjørge, 17 April 2021 - 01:57 pm.

Bjørge

#16 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 06:55 am

What we've got lately is a VAT payment service for foreign webshops. Wemoto, ebay and Aliexpress all use it, meaning no handling fees + no purchaser country VAT. Really nice
It's VOEC

I shouldn't have said this, probably.....

The last parcel from Wemoto came with a bill - thay had missed the VOEC label  :punishment:

Seems like I'll get my €30 back, though, probably a reward for having the mental strength to deal with the moron customer service chatbot  :lol:

Bjørge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users