#1 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 April 2021 - 06:31 pm

It's been a long time since I sold my last TDM to Celticbiker. I still keep an eye on you lot since though  ;)  

Here's my latest steeds, Kawasaki W800 and Aprilia Tuono V4 plus my winter hack, an Aprilia Atlantic 500- poles apart but they all have 2 wheels! The Aprilia is utterly mental, yet civilised to pull cleanly from 35 mph in 6th to goodness knows what speed - my neck muscles can't cope with 130+  :unsure2:

:pimp:

Attached File  tuono1.jpg   116.48KB   0 downloads

Attached Files

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:33 am

A nice variety there Alan. :good: 

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:41 am

They all look really low to the ground, is there a raisin for that?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 April 2021 - 04:37 pm

I reckon the rooter tooter will put a big grin up too

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#5 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 06:34 pm

They all look really low to the ground, is there a raisin for that?

You just cun't help yourself, can you?  :pimp:

I reckon the rooter tooter will put a big grin up too

Hugely, it'll see a 3 figure speed, cruise at 75 and take up all motorway carriageways in a crosswind  :badgerrock:

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#6 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,089 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 April 2021 - 07:36 pm

Nice W800
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#7 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 17 April 2021 - 08:43 pm

Nice W800

Thanks - it's a lovely bike to ride and better than the W650 I had before. Evolution of the species, they have similar power and torque figures but delivered very differently

This is the kind of lunacy of the 'Prilly.....................

Attached Files

#8 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,089 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 18 April 2021 - 04:45 pm

More settings that the starship enterprise. Surprised it doesn't have a warp core menu hidden in there.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:19 pm

:lol: I cannae hold it capt. she's brekkin up. 

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 18 April 2021 - 10:05 pm

More settings that the starship enterprise. Surprised it doesn't have a warp core menu hidden in there.

3 power modes - Track, Sport and Road

3 anti wheelie modes, so you only bite the screen in level 3  :P

8 traction control levels, including cornering TC - there appears to be a gyroscope device under the fairing!

Very effective quickshifter which only works above 4000 rpm to ensure smooth changes under any throttle openings.

Launch control - think I'd prefer lunch control  :cake eating: . There's even an instruction in the manual stating that excessive revolving of the rear wheel (like chain oiling) may cause the dash to flag up a fault code because the wheels aren't rotating at the same speeds............

It's an absolutely incredible engine - 999 cc, Vee4 with titanium valves. Claimed 167 bhp and 103 Nm of torque. 185 kg and as nimble as a schoolie. It happily pulls from under 35 mph in top and red lines at 12500 rpm - I haven't found anywhere to open it up fully yet and not sure my neck could cope! I just had to get this before I involuntarily wee myself and dribble at the sign of food - it won't be long now................... :oldgit: I've never owned a superbike before and the nearest thing I've ridden to one was a full race Honda RC30 over 30 years ago - this will blow it into the weeds! I'd really regret if I didn't get something as manic before the motorised zimmer frame beckons. If you get the chance - get something similar just for the laffs and ear to lug grin every time you dismount.  :pimp:

Edited by dandywarhol, 18 April 2021 - 10:07 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users