87 replies to this topic

#21 jimmyf46

jimmyf46

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:57 am

might be free but theres no facilities. The other one has showers laundry etc to make it a bit more civilised.....and the pub is 5 mins walk.

Ps when i phones steam packet company they said their bike places are usually full by start of year due to amount of people going....book before its too late, unless you have an TDMSubmariner....

#22 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:15 pm

Apparently the 2010 Billown TT has been axed by the IOM Govt. They've pulled out of funding it and the Organisers are hoping for a new sponsor.

http://www.southern1...llownTT2010.pdf

I'm not sure of the date it should have been run. EDIT: 12-15th July 2010

EDIT: I think the axe only relates to the 125cc and 250cc

Edited by Studley Ramrod, 28 November 2009 - 04:16 pm.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#23 stubottle

stubottle

seems to like Carpe

• 46 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:36 pm

QUOTE(jimmyf46 @ Sat 28th Nov 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
might be free but theres no facilities. The other one has showers laundry etc to make it a bit more civilised.....and the pub is 5 mins walk.

Ps when i phones steam packet company they said their bike places are usually full by start of year due to amount of people going....book before its too late, unless you have an TDMSubmariner....

Depends what you call facilities. There's a toilet block with hot water, and if you get hold of a radar key you can get some privacy in the disabled toilet for washing those personal parts. A swim and a shower at Ramsey baths is £2-50, and what's this laundry rubbish? There's a river where you can rinse out your undies, if you feel the need.
It takes me 10 minutes to walk to the pub as I have an ankle and disc problem which slows me down a bit, though I can climb Cronk Sumark on the way to the Ginger, if I feel the urge. rolleyes.gif

It's a load of flannel about the bike places being booked up. I usually wait 'til early march, when all the eager-beavers who paid a £20 deposit, but don't tip up the balance at the end of february, reliquish their places, and you can cherry-pick your ideal sailings.

#24 stubottle

stubottle

seems to like Carpe

• 46 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:44 pm

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Sat 28th Nov 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently the 2010 Billown TT has been axed by the IOM Govt. They've pulled out of funding it and the Organisers are hoping for a new sponsor.

http://www.southern1...llownTT2010.pdf

I'm not sure of the date it should have been run. EDIT: 12-15th July 2010

EDIT: I think the axe only relates to the 125cc and 250cc

The Southern 100 races in July are still on, but without any classic racing.
The meeting that is in the balance is the post-TT races on saturday the12th of June, but a new sponsor will probably be found, as they're only looking for £18,000.
A meeting I will definitely be at is the pre-TT classic meeting, where I will be marshalling at Cross Four-Ways, on the Billown circuit.

Edited by stubottle, 09 December 2009 - 10:07 am.

#25 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:32 pm

Hi all

here is update on RTT10

ACCOMMODATION - CRONKDHOO

As mentioned in previous post, this site has bunkhouse accommodation for up to 20 as well as plenty of tent space

bunkhouse is single beds and is £16ppn but possibly less for group

http://www.cronkdhoo.com/

it is about 6-7 mins walk from Hawthorns pub/restaurant

here is review

http://www.ukcampsit....asp?revid=5094

Clare and I stayed there (not at TT) in motorhome in 2007

central location for the island overall, friendly, clean and nice view over the valley

NUMBERS

in the poll, we had 16 voted for IoM so we should have at least that, but I think others have expressed interest also. IT would be good to have an idea of how many there will to assist in accommodation planning

QUESTIONS:

1. if you wish to to go please say so and if anyone else will be with you, and also if you are definite/probable/possible and either tent/bunkhouse

2. if there is any objection to Cronk Dhoo please let us know, there are other campsite locations but we need to include bunkhouse type (for old gits like me)

3. if there are any other comments or ideas please raise at any time

all the best

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#26 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:02 pm

UPDATE

I have provisionally booked bunkhouse accommodation for up to 20 from 10 - 17 july at cronkdhoo farm

there is plenty of campsite accommodation in IoM but getting convenient bunkhouse is difficult

price is £16 ppn but will be less in a group so this is max.

there is plenty of space for tents

Pete

Keep music live!

#27 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:32 pm

just an update chaps - I have gathered some additional ideas and hope this helps.

RTT10 - EVENTS AND RIDEOUTS

Possible things to do are listed below and will be dependent on level of interest:

1. TT laps - clearly to sample current TT couse as much as poss. (and most is limit free!) as well as the 2 older courses on the east and west of the island

2. TT - starting (and ending) every day with a lap of the course helps get to know it (omiting douglas by cutting corner from cronk-y-mona to highlander)

3. Coastal trip - including Peel, Ramsey Laxey, and the lovely little southern ports of Erin and St Mary and of course Castletown

4. Twisties and mountain roads - in the centre of the island are brilliant and an opportunity to see england, scotland, wales and ireland all together

5. Walking - for anyone who fancies it, has fantastic coast/cliff edge sections in southern part of island (bring some stout shoes/trainers!)

6. Southern 100 races - S100 is in latter part of week (as Dandy suggested) will be good and you get REALLY close

7. IoM car rally - on first weekend is at various points on the island and will be good to see for petrol heads

8. Bike museums - (2) have some of best prepared oldsters I have ever seen and it's FREE

9. Unique transport system - horse trams and steam railway and, of course, the mountain railway, which takes you to where you can see the 5 kingdoms!

10 Track days and kart sessions - karts are probably best option as you don't need one piece leathers and they are REAL karts

11. Music session - I will get guitars over and so we can get a do it yourself jam session, acoustic and acoustic-electric (not just my "tesco" guitar!)

12. Fishing trip - for those who might be inetrested this can possibly be arranged through Treadman's chums

13. "S100 party" - we have had invite from one of the teams to pop in after the racing as they have a party going

14. And, of course ... more TT laps, the more you do it, the more you get to know this most glorious ribbon of tarmac

Any comments on the above will be welcome and I will be able to put a programme together once we can be a bit firmer on the numbers

All the best

Pete

Keep music live!

#28 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:01 pm

Wow, you've been busy Pete, thanks for all your efforts. I'm really looking forward to this, I love the IOM wub.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#29 big dave

big dave

has been here 4ever

• 1,462 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:51 pm

Just received confirmation of Bunkhouse. I've paid the 50% deposit myself, so nothing else to pay for me.

Whoppee, roll on July!

BD

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#30 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:43 pm

I've been informed that I am not allowed to take holiday from May through 3rd week in July due to the 'busy period' at the Garden Centre.

This happened last year in sorts and as a result 22 staff were cramming in holiday in 4 months (December not allowed), lots losing out on thier allocation.

Thus It's looking now that I shall not be going. huh.gif

Know of any jobs for a Keen 50yr old in Berks/Hants/Surrey let me know.

#31 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:45 pm

That's a real bassad Cats. Mrs Matlock is an advisor for the Citizen's Advice Bureau, so I've just put her on to this for you. Her reference material summarises the relevent employment law thus:

Can a worker or an employer decide when or how much holiday is taken?

A worker may ask to take any leave to which s/he is entitled by statute when s/he chooses, provided s/he gives her/his employer the correct notice and takes into account the terms of any relevant agreement. However, the employer has a right to refuse her/his request, provided the employer gives the correct notice and takes account of the terms of any relevant agreement.

An employer can require a worker to take all or any of the holiday that s/he is entitled to at a specific time, provided that the worker is given the correct prior notice and the employer takes into account the terms of any relevant agreement.

The Working Time Regulations do not put any limit on the amount of holiday that can be taken at any one time. This means that the worker has no entitlement to take two weeks' holiday off at once, unless the relevant agreement or employment contract allows for it. This means that, provided the employer gives the correct notice to the worker, the worker could be made to, for example, take every Friday as leave until all of her/his holiday is used up.

The Working Time Regulations state that the notice provisions in apply if there is no relevant agreement between the employer and employee which says something different about when holiday can be taken. A *relevant agreement* is defined as a workforce agreement which applies to the employee, or any provision of a collective agreement which forms part of the employment contract, or any other agreement in writing which is enforceable between the employer and employee.

Her opinion is that you're relying on your employer's "goodwill". Doesn't sound like they've got any, so start looking for a new job ohmy.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#32 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:54 pm

QUOTE(Matlock @ Mon 8th Feb 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a real bassad Cats. Mrs Matlock is an advisor for the Citizen's Advice Bureau, so I've just put her on to this for you. Her reference material summarises the relevent employment law thus:

Can a worker or an employer decide when or how much holiday is taken?

A worker may ask to take any leave to which s/he is entitled by statute when s/he chooses, provided s/he gives her/his employer the correct notice and takes into account the terms of any relevant agreement. However, the employer has a right to refuse her/his request, provided the employer gives the correct notice and takes account of the terms of any relevant agreement.

An employer can require a worker to take all or any of the holiday that s/he is entitled to at a specific time, provided that the worker is given the correct prior notice and the employer takes into account the terms of any relevant agreement.

The Working Time Regulations do not put any limit on the amount of holiday that can be taken at any one time. This means that the worker has no entitlement to take two weeks' holiday off at once, unless the relevant agreement or employment contract allows for it. This means that, provided the employer gives the correct notice to the worker, the worker could be made to, for example, take every Friday as leave until all of her/his holiday is used up.

The Working Time Regulations state that the notice provisions in apply if there is no relevant agreement between the employer and employee which says something different about when holiday can be taken. A *relevant agreement* is defined as a workforce agreement which applies to the employee, or any provision of a collective agreement which forms part of the employment contract, or any other agreement in writing which is enforceable between the employer and employee.

Her opinion is that you're relying on your employer's "goodwill". Doesn't sound like they've got any, so start looking for a new job ohmy.gif

I am. ambusy.gif

thanks to your wifey

#33 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:59 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Mon 8th Feb 2010, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been informed that I am not allowed to take holiday from May through 3rd week in July due to the 'busy period' at the Garden Centre.

This happened last year in sorts and as a result 22 staff were cramming in holiday in 4 months (December not allowed), lots losing out on thier allocation.

It has always been my understanding that a Manager has to give a valid reason when refusing a staff members holiday request. Comments such as 'we might need you to.....whatever' or 'it might be a busy period' don't cut the cloth.

Any manager worth his/her salt should be able to co-ordinate staff holidays with the minimum of compromise amongst the staff.

Then again, having worked as a training officer for a National DIY company all I can say is, some of the management are amazingly incapable of such a feat.

Sad news indeed, you deserve more respect than yer manager is giving you Cats ! Move on !

EDIT : May to July..no hols is pathetic !

Edited by Studley Ramrod, 09 February 2010 - 08:00 pm.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#34 jimmyf46

jimmyf46

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:24 am

Dont say anything at work about holidays and go on the sick for a week or so...... they cant argue with a doctors line.....

#35 poldark

poldark

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:29 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Mon 8th Feb 2010, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can also try the "staff development and career progression" option......................

How does your deputy, or other potential up & coming employee, get to develop and how does the company ensure management succession planning, if there's not been any short (one week in July ought to do it rolleyes.gif ) period when they've had to stand in for the (quality) encumbant Senior Manager. good.gif
'03 silver TDM 900 with V-Strom handguards, GS1150 bar risers, givi box, baglux tank cover, PC III USB with K&N air filter, S/S rad guard, crash bungs, Tigerscreen, iridium plugs, braided front hoses, OEM centre stand, 15W fork oil & 10mm yoke drop, tutoro oiler & sheepskin seat cover! Gone but not forgotten!

#36 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:24 pm

the cat got the cream

QUOTE(CatsBum via txtmsg)
Big news!
Got the 12th-18th July off.
going to the RTT!

clapping.gif good.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#37 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:36 pm

Yep, won my appeal.

Hopefully meeting Tony tomorrow and will book ferry/beds then

laugh.gif

#38 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:02 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Fri 12th Feb 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, won my appeal.

Hopefully meeting Tony tomorrow and will book ferry/beds then

laugh.gif

Well done Cats!

GlenDhoo is a grand site and it will be a great week!

roll on

any comments on list of "ideas" will be welcome

Pete

Keep music live!

#39 ajfergie

ajfergie

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:57 pm

Hey Pete, thought we were going to cronk dhu site ?
u been drinking tonight or am i going some where else

cheers ajfergie........

#40 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:19 pm

QUOTE(ajfergie @ Fri 12th Feb 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Pete, thought we were going to cronk dhu site ?
u been drinking tonight or am i going some where else

cheers ajfergie........

apologies AJ - you are right!

CronkDhoo it is

http://www.cronkdhoo.com/

must have been that last cup of cocoa destroying the braincells......again!

Pete !

Keep music live!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users