• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 celtspur

celtspur

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 50 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:15 am

Hi all. Ive just replaced my TDM with a fazer 600 and thought Id see if there was any interest in my old beast. She aint pretty and has covered 126,000 Miles. In the last few weeks it has developed a fuel pump problem that my mechanic seemed to have sorted by playing about with wiring but sadly it now wont start. Think the fuel pump needs replacing. Other than that she has been a solid bike. Never had a problem engine wise and always had regular oil changed etc. Brake pads almost new front and rear. Plenty of life in the chain and sprockets. Custom seat. Full hard luggage. Heated grips and USB port. Fuel exhaust system. Would like to sell the bike whole. Any offers? Would make a good donor bike or if fixed should go on for another 60,000 Miles. Thanks
Also how do I post pics??

Edited by celtspur, 11 August 2018 - 03:10 pm.

#2 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:08 pm

If you were closer I may have been interested as a project....but 126k miles gives us all hope!! Good luck with sale.
You really should put an asking price up, as bidding wars have caused mayhem on here before....just saying.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:38 pm

To post up photos......Hit the 'More Reply options' button below the text box, this opens up a bigger text box and you'll see the option to attach files below the text box.  Make sure your photos are relatively small in file size.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 celtspur

celtspur

• 50 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:23 pm

Tried attaching photos but says they are too big. Ive really no idea what it's worth tbh. 500 quid? I can send photos to your phone if anyone is interested. Thanks :-)

Edited by celtspur, 11 August 2018 - 03:25 pm.

#5 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:16 pm

Damn if I was in the uk I'd buy it lol 500 quid would be a bargain all day long :)

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#6 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:27 am

If it was a runner I'd come down and take it off your hands, but too busy at the weekends at the moment to arrange a van etc to get it.

#7 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:00 am

126,000 miles is a credit to Yamaha and the bike's owner

Well done!

P7

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#8 celtspur

celtspur

• 50 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:35 pm

Thanks folks. Think I'll get the beast running again and go from there. Had a fuel pump issue is all.

#9 crispy

crispy

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:44 pm

If you can get it running I'd be very interested. Would need to know with some reasonable confidence I could ride it home.
I don't like YZ250's anymore.........check out my avatar, one literally kicked me in the ass

#10 celtspur

celtspur

• 50 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:47 pm

Hiya. Im gonna put it in tomorrow to get it sorted. Im off to Ireland for a week on a fazer 600. Ill update once Im back. If anyone would like pics please text me as I cant seem to load them on here thanks. Sean 07508943903

#11 celtspur

celtspur

• 50 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:00 pm

Crispy I got your text mate but I couldnt reply. Was that a mobile number you sent it from?

#12 celtspur

celtspur

• 50 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:05 pm

Think Ive managed to send them via your private message on here 😉

#13 crispy

crispy

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:48 pm

Hi Celtspur, yep, that was a mobile on WhatsApp message. I've sent you another one with my email address. Nothing showing up in PM's
I don't like YZ250's anymore.........check out my avatar, one literally kicked me in the ass

#14 celtspur

celtspur

• 50 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:58 pm

Have sent to your email.

#15 crispy

crispy

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:12 pm

Thanks Sean

#16 crispy

crispy

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:57 pm

Unfortunately I made a schoolboy error and looked through threads/posted by Sean and didn't see any mentions of crash damage and assumed it was just a high miler but unfortunately after seeing pics there is more road rash on both sides than I'd even thought of so can't proceed with a purchase. GLWS Sean, I've attached photos (which will hopefully upload so anyone else interested would have a more educated idea of the condition of the bike is) a hopefully some would like a winter hack/fixer upper/supermotard project...

Attached Files

#17 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:44 am

Thanks for posting up Crispy, I was tempted to go and have a look at some point, but seeing those pictures it's worse than expected.

I didn't expect perfection at that mileage of course but the damaged plastics etc doesn't make it worth it to me.  Will make an ok winter hack / project though like you say.

#18 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:52 am

Thanks for posting up Crispy, I was tempted to go and have a look at some point, but seeing those pictures it's worse than expected.

I didn't expect perfection at that mileage of course but the damaged plastics etc doesn't make it worth it to me.  Will make an ok winter hack / project though like you say.

Tank yew Crispy.  Nog i pondered this bike too as a fixer upper but the pics tell a more accurate tale.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#19 celtspur

celtspur

• 50 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:08 am

Thanks for your interest anyway folks.
Thanks for your interest anyway folks.

#20 celtspur

celtspur

• 50 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:34 pm

Thought I'd offer my old girl for sale again as I have now settled on a Tracer 900 and won't be able to ride her in London after April 8th. I also need the space in the garage so she's got to go. I know she ain't pretty to look at but she runs fine and has now covered 132,000 and the engine has no leaks and still pulls like a steam train. I reckon with new front discs and possibly getting the injectors cleaned she will carry on for some time yet. It has a new battery good tyres front and rear. Full hard luggage heated grips a custom seat and a twin USB port. The fuel exhausts are still good and sound great although she does have a few dinks here and there. It is MOTd til October. I really don't want to break her and would rather she went as she is. Any interest? I'd hate to have to take her to the scrap yard :-(

I also have a small screen a clutch cable tank cover and new air filter. The KnN one was cleaned recently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users