• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:05 pm

2nd go at posting, using IMGUR this time

little Drewps all ready for the off

5HuenQD.jpg

5 of us in all went, me on the TDM, 3 other mates on XJR1300 and 1 on a Triumph thruxton Ace special.

Took the Portsmouth Ferry to Bilbao where I picked up a screw in the back tyre so we got that fixed and had a drinky poos whilst waiting. The guy was 2014 24hr winner at Catalunya for Suzuki and his dad a champ in the 70's riding Montessa's.

first stop was Pamplona and the Albret Hotel. typical city centre hotel, but they had underground parking which was a bonus.

having a Leffe in an "Irish" pub

jLDXdjN.jpg

day 2 took us from Pamplona to castejon de sos, this was an amazing place, a little village and the best ride coming down the N260 at 9pm as the light faded, through this ravene, with the sound of the bikes echoing down was one of the many highlights of the trip.

this was the best place to stay IMHO Hotel PLaza, very traditional and great hosts. there was a fiesta going on and the small village was packed with guitar trio singin traditional spanish songs. great watch the senoras and senoritas dancing and the men doing those clapping beats

the next stop was to Viella which was a large ski town and again a fiesta was on, but not as personal as the last place.

here's some photos

rqB7wjm.jpg

it was a bit hot too, 45'C

N6Y5nq8.jpg

Got a bit lost and pulled into a petrol station only to find this sign where you couldn't exit there anyway :D

ZDr3feX.jpg

bike struggled at 2000metres due to lack of air, ran very rich and had to keep revs at 4k which made thwe switchbacks erm, interesting

ZZ5pfo5.jpg

It was like being on top of the world though

GlENVK8.jpg

so from Viella we did a round trip to Andorra, yes it was awful down in the main city but get up into the mountains and this is what greets you

Y8L0sJK.jpg

l11O9Wo.jpg

2fNQYg9.jpg

it was a long day, 12 hours riding but it was worth it and had plenty of stops on the way.

aparently this was in top gear

9nKD1k7.jpg

sharing a joke

MPunQiV.jpg

so from Viella we went into france and visited lourdes. we all agreed the french are rude and self centred. they don't give a S**T about motorbikes and trhe only saving grace was a lovely girl who styed and got us pizzas when the shop was closing. she couldn't speak english so i got by with my O level french

we were joined by a solo rider from Keswick, David, who never saw an English plate till now.

So we had a chat and bought him a coke

C0F70m2.jpg

found this place ontop of the hill,

t26vE2R.jpg

into france and made it to Lourdes

wv4kdsO.jpg

OijRmwy.jpg

back into Pamplona and knackered.

Visited La Guardia on the way to Santander

oUTyyUM.jpg
44KZKgc.jpg
overlooking the Rioja Valley
32VnzB8.jpg
next was to Santander and this "lovely" Hotel.

Imagine visiting your 80 yr old aunt and that musty smell in the house with furniture that is well past its sell by date

the adams family springs to mind

lYVMr4E.jpg

mm, blue loo
5dV6a8H.jpg

we also did the "pots and Pans" in the Picos.

refreshment at the top

NYtYxnj.jpg

waiting for the slow coaches

Y5gXgcE.jpg

we aslo called into san Vincente do Baquetta, a lovely seaside town near Santander

uwkfuEB.jpg

NtBIQ3F.jpg

after 8 days of riding, it was all over, waiting for the ferry

7tUNYSV.jpg

final view of spain

CaZ9FgU.jpg

pQX3H3q.jpg

on the way back from Plymouth, we called into Weston bike night as it was a thursday, it was rude not to wink.gif

1YmlA4d.jpg

nice gt750 there with a 3 into 1 pipe which sounded great but I know they strangle the power

and also called into Tintern Abbey

bPln3Rg.jpg

and a slight detoar to Ponderosa in North Wales

sfzTXdD.jpg

I think this sums up the riding in Spain for me

Ge1tMPJ.jpg

PXS8YtQ.jpg

M4gD8oB.jpg

2000 miles of smiles and fantastic roads and people, what more could you want from a holiday?

loads more photos here, knock yourself out

photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOWf2vd2amq6GdH7uNZRd_1vEdZDsndaNTh5UWc

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:39 pm

Ahhh, the pair o knees and Peekholes. :)  Looks like you had a dry tour, and a bloody hot one !   Thanks for sharing Drewps. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:47 pm

:good: :good: :drinks:

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:22 pm

Looked like a great choice drewpy, great photo's, so you booked for next year yet then :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:48 pm

its the NC500 next year, just the week

the missus is a bit peeved with me ATM and I need to put a new bathroom in first :sorry:

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#6 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:53 pm

:good:

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:18 pm

its the NC500 next year, just the week

the missus is a bit peeved with me ATM and I need to put a new bathroom in first :sorry:

She did'nt think you were just going for a loaf of bread did she !! :)

Off back to Spain next year meself, bit to expensive every year..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:19 pm

just watching la Vuelta and reliving the area again :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users