• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 LeonWolf

LeonWolf

sticking around

• 20 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:37 pm

I have a code 11 on my 2003 900. It was the only code. I have today swapped it out for the speed sensor as advised and I'm still getting code 11. I'm a bit lost now, any help would be great please, new to these had this bike, my first TDM for only a month and it's currently a frame with a nose cone. At the point of scrapping it

#2 LeonWolf

LeonWolf

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:10 pm

Just realised I have an 02 bike on an 03 plate and I have the dodgy ECU number. Will this still be changed by yamaha?

#3 SJCA

SJCA

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:48 pm

No harm in asking.

My 02 900 ECU ends in 01. I think the dodgy ones end in 00.

#4 LeonWolf

LeonWolf

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:53 pm

Mine matches the one on here pictured with the same numbers exactly as mine

#5 LeonWolf

LeonWolf

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:58 pm

Read it wrong mines been replaced but solved one issue, why new looms wouldn't work I was ordering 03 ones but it's an 02 on an 03 plate. So back to square one, code 11 even after swapping with speed sensor. Starting to loose faith

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 02 June 2019 - 05:33 pm

Read it wrong mines been replaced but solved one issue, why new looms wouldn't work I was ordering 03 ones but it's an 02 on an 03 plate. So back to square one, code 11 even after swapping with speed sensor. Starting to loose faith

I'm pretty sure but not a 100% positive that 2002-2003 should be the same, far as i'm aware any changes came in 2004 ??

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 LeonWolf

LeonWolf

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:50 pm

Yeah I thought they would be but I've had 2 2003 looms and there are 3 connectors that are a different size

#8 LeonWolf

LeonWolf

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:34 pm

And on a 2002 loom on ebay the connectors look the right ones

#9 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:04 pm

If the connectors are a different size but do they still have the same number of wires going into them, because you can swap over connectors..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#10 LeonWolf

LeonWolf

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:23 pm

No there is far too many wires in my connectors than the corresponding one on replacement loom

#11 LeonWolf

LeonWolf

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:38 pm

After changing the sensors over do I need to manually clear fault code or will it rectify itself

#12 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:38 pm

Cant remember, think once you've rectified the problem error should not be showing, have you looked on JBX at all.

#13 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:42 pm

You have to clear all notifications

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#14 LeonWolf

LeonWolf

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:24 pm

You have to clear all notifications

And how do you do that please, can't find info on net
You mean fix and they will clear or ones fixed you have to manually clear codes

#15 LeonWolf

LeonWolf

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:56 pm

Cant remember, think once you've rectified the problem error should not be showing, have you looked on JBX at all.

Yes mate had some good info from there so far

#16 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:40 am

And how do you do that please, can't find info on net
You mean fix and they will clear or ones fixed you have to manually clear codes

check JBX page on Diag mode codes 60 - 70 https://www.tdm-yama...t.org/?page=MDG

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#17 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:44 am

i would imagine there is a part number on the loom if ya look carefully,  if not ask a dealer to check the part number of a 2002 loom versus a 2003 loom.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#18 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:12 pm

How about tracing the wires back to the other end, probably at the ECU, through each connector.

Put a multimeter or bulb&battery across the wire to check continuity, if you have continuity then the wire is good so just pay close attention to the crimped terminals at the ends. Just need to check the wire for signs of rubbing  and catching on other fixtures

If you have good continuity and good spades, then you're unlikely to have a fault which can be fixed with a new loom, or so i would think !

Edited by fixitsan, 28 June 2019 - 09:30 pm.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#19 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:03 am

How about tracing the wires back to the other end, probably at the ECU, through each connector.

Put a multimeter or bulb&battery across the wire to check continuity, if you have continuity then the wire is good so just pay close attention to the crimped terminals at the ends. Just need to check the wire for signs of rubbing  and catching on other fixtures

If you have good continuity and good spades, then you're unlikely to have a fault which can be fixed with a new loom, or so i would think !

Looks loike he's had enuf and is breaking it as there are parts listed in the fer sale section.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#20 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:25 pm

Looks loike he's had enuf and is breaking it as there are parts listed in the fer sale section.

What a pity... that's life though

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users