7 replies to this topic

#1 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:36 pm

I've just ordered on of these for the shed.

http://www.technotre.../tss500600.html

After its arrived and been installed I'll let you know if its any good. :ph34r:

Mk1' R1 gold spot front calipers • HH sintered front pads • FJR1300 front master cylinder • K&N air filter • Factory Pro emulsion tubes • Oxford heated grips • Mirror extenders • KTM handguards • Baglux tank cover and bag. 12v auxiliary socket • Delkevic 2 into 1 exhaust system • Engine guards • Chrome radiator guard • Renthal bars • Touring screen. Optimate and Oil pressure switch/light mod (Leehenty special!) to be fitted. Tom Tom rider V2 europe. GoPro HD Hero. Fenda extender.
Triumph Tiger 955i with stuff added.

#2 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:50 pm

When you say "shed", do you mean your bike?  :hide:   :P

#3 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:41 pm

No.

Mk1' R1 gold spot front calipers • HH sintered front pads • FJR1300 front master cylinder • K&N air filter • Factory Pro emulsion tubes • Oxford heated grips • Mirror extenders • KTM handguards • Baglux tank cover and bag. 12v auxiliary socket • Delkevic 2 into 1 exhaust system • Engine guards • Chrome radiator guard • Renthal bars • Touring screen. Optimate and Oil pressure switch/light mod (Leehenty special!) to be fitted. Tom Tom rider V2 europe. GoPro HD Hero. Fenda extender.

#4 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:12 pm

i have two of these one in each shed ,, they are excellent value for money , they hurt your ears (Yes i have forgotten them on many occasions Doh! ) batteries last a long time they are still on original aa's after 3 months.

http://www.maplin.co...pir-alarm-31613

only slight niggle is 3 digit code and only keys from 1 to 8 to make the code up with.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#5 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:24 pm

OK, Box arrived today with one unit including PIR and a remote. The kit also included a rechargeable battery that will keep the alarm going for 8 hours in case of mains failure. Took a massive 15 minutes to set up and secure in position. Mines just plugged into the nearest mains socket as it comes with plenty of mains cable and a plug already fitted. You get 30 seconds to leave the area after activating the alarm and 5 seconds to deactivate on your return. It is a nice small unit and gives good coverage. Mines set up at the back of the shed covering the door and window. The only fault, if it is one, is its only 100db and I like a lot of noise from my alarm. Once the alarm is triggered it will go for 60 seconds before rearming itself. Personally I think as a shed alarm its worth the money but if your shed is 100 meters away from your house and you have double glazing you may not hear it. I don't have that issue and I'm happy. :good:

Edited by Dannyboy, 03 July 2013 - 08:25 pm.

#6 gozer

gozer

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:23 pm

Where I am in Brum there is a local initiative through the local police station that supplies shed alarms for free. Quite similar to the Maplin one but supatech they aint and no PIR as they attach to the door and work on motion. Certainly good to get summat for nuffin for a change though! 

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,211 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:35 pm

Dunno about summat fer nuffin, I also got a free shed alarm and a security chain/lock thingy from the local plodulary, but only after my bike was stolen and torched. :lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#8 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:13 pm

A free shed alarm and a security chain/lock thingy may be great for your hover mower but your pride and joy? Just saying. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users