Photo
- - - - -

Hm Quickshifter Pc, A Little Bit Of Fun...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:37 pm

I supply and fit loads of them, so, needed one for a job and it just so happens that it would also fit my TDM, Ha Ha, so thought I'd see how it went on the 900.

This is the HM PC, it works by killing the injection system for a moment when you move the gear lever, cuts the engine just long enough to unload the gear box and slip into the next gear, the powercommander is programmed to only shift after 3500RPM so it does not cut the engine at slow speed, on the other hand wind it up to around 5k plus and you have slick gear changes with no need for the clutch or to roll off the throttle, it's a little pointless on the TDM as it's hardly a superbike but I am surprised how slick the 900 gear box is! Tbh I liked it that much I choose to buy another and leave it on...sound great too...

A Few pics for you all...

GroteFoto-WK7T3YCU.jpg

Sensor and CPU, screen shows direction of shift, kill time (not applicable as set in the PC3), and sensitivity for the gear lever.

GroteFoto-KMHAWRGR.jpg

Plugs straight into your Powercommander 3 (or 5 for later bikes etc)

GroteFoto-PJVZXWJD.jpg

Sensor installed, all hidden under the cover..

GroteFoto-JMCF3ZZO.jpg

HM PC installed with my PC3 and Hub (Hub is for many things but in my case I can switch the fuel map from best MPG's to best power).

GroteFoto-8C78BHH8.jpg

One more pic, this is the MAP switch, its connected to the hub and lets you switch from best MGP to best power at any time. 

Edited by arthurbikemad, 09 April 2014 - 07:51 pm.

2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#2 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:53 pm

Took the bike out for a while today, shifter working a treat, waist of money.....maybe.....fun.....yeah...

On a serious note its shockingly smooth above 6k or so, shifts are super slick and smooth, you can hardly feel it change gear..

That is all....lol

2012 Grey 900, Dual HIDs, Fork gaiters, Yam centre stand, Givi crash bars, S320 DRLs custom mounts, PAIR removed, Modded airbox, K&N, Warrior cans, PC3 - Custom map 81bhp @ 65ft-lb, Lambda removed, HM Quickshifter (removed), Evans waterless coolant, Hel lines, Dome SS exhaust nuts, Clear winker lenses, Yamaha +145 Screen + MRA X-creen, Heated grips with relay cut out and custom carbon mount, DL Hand Guards and milled bar ends, SW barback risers, 5w SMD LED side light, LED stop/tail reflectors, 2 x Front mudguard extenders, Custom rear under hugger, Hugger extender, Wrapped HT leads, Aux power sockets, Givi V47NN Top box with LED stop, SW motech mount, Givi PL347 mount and E21s, SW Motech Evo Tank bag, Stainless rad guard, Top Sellerie gel seat, RAM mounts for sat nav and phone, Handy tube and more.     Follow me on twitter @arthurbikemad

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:30 pm

So long as your having fun Arthur  :lol:  interesting though  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:56 pm

If anyone wants a go :) they can buy the coffee...haha.

#5 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:25 am

Here's some pics of shifters on my Blade :)

GroteFoto-G8KCVDRI.jpg

GroteFoto-J4HCH8RM.jpg

GroteFoto-QPORXIUD.jpg

Top of the line MGP HM GP with seamless shift fitted to my blade :)

GroteFoto-WALGG3TN.jpg

Setting a GP shifter up at my workshop :)

GroteFoto-Z4EWZJZW.jpg

GroteFoto-4UFEAAPX.jpg

One more of a Plus on a S1000RR

Thought you may like the pics :)

#6 arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:39 am

If I can loan a fancy action cam will try get some footage of the TDM900 an the shifter, may even be on track lol ha.

#7 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:49 pm

ooooh, all that carbon and silicone hose loverlyness  :wub:  

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#8 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:30 pm

That would be interesting for my TRX - needing any testers??  :P

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users