- - - - -

What A Crap Day

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_celticbiker_*

Guest_celticbiker_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:02 pm

Got up late, so late for work( that's hard to do when you don't start 'til midday), but when I finally got there I had to pick up the van from it's MOT," oh great" says I "a nice little jolly".
Didn't turn out that way though.
Making my way through some roadworks on the M5 I decide to change lanes, look over at the left hand mirror and think ' too much traffic, I won't bother', I look back and everything has stopped. I had every intention of stopping too, but the 2 ton of steel on the back had other ideas and kept me moving forward until the VW golf in front slowed me to a stop by using the car in front of him as a brake.

Doh!

All that dealt with when I got back to work, I clock out and set off home.
Oh yeah I need fuel cos I didn't have time this morning.
Fill up with fuel go to pay and hey presto no card, oh thats right, I took SWMBO out for a meal last night and left my card in my jeans bol**ks.
So now I'm stood in the que( oh yes there was a que, it couldn't be empty could it, oh no, as they say ' when you f**k up the world is there to watch you') with a full tank of fuel and no way to pay, I get to the front and notice the woman behind me is berating a misbehaving child so I take the opportunity to hastily(but quietly) explain my situation to the young lady behind the counter.
She said " Don't worry, I did the same thing myself not long ago" and rung it through as paid.
Turned out she owned the R1 in front of the shop.
Then to just put the cherry on the icing Asda had run out of Hawaian pizzas.

Hope your days were better than mine folks.

#2 Guest_LDRider_*

Guest_LDRider_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:33 pm

Dude that does suck, but nice break from the gal at the station. Look at it this way bro, you could have been on your bike instead of in that truck, and a fellow random biker did you a solid at the gas station.

#3 Guest_Kelpie_*

Guest_Kelpie_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:32 pm

Sorry you had a horrid day. Nearly did exactly the same thing but with horses in the back, coming back from Dublin. Just managed to stop and horses still had there feet pointing in the right direction. blink.gif Heard there was a 5 car pile up in the same spot half an hour later.

Woman with an R1?? Shouldn't be allowed! tongue.gif

#4 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:50 pm

QUOTE(celticbiker @ Fri 2nd Oct 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All that dealt with when I got back to work, I clock out and set off home.
Oh yeah I need fuel cos I didn't have time this morning.
Fill up with fuel go to pay and hey presto no card, oh thats right, I took SWMBO out for a meal last night and left my card in my jeans bol**ks.
So now I'm stood in the que( oh yes there was a que, it couldn't be empty could it, oh no, as they say ' when you f**k up the world is there to watch you') with a full tank of fuel and no way to pay, I get to the front and notice the woman behind me is berating a misbehaving child so I take the opportunity to hastily(but quietly) explain my situation to the young lady behind the counter.
She said " Don't worry, I did the same thing myself not long ago" and rung it through as paid.
Turned out she owned the R1 in front of the shop.
Then to just put the cherry on the icing Asda had run out of Hawaian pizzas.

Hope your days were better than mine folks.

Wow, that was a bad un. What a lovely gesture from the girlie biker though.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:16 pm

Friday afternoon is the worst time of the week for road accidents in the UK !
You can always order a Hawaiian in using the money you saved on fuel biggrin.gif

Looks like your road angel got up late for work too !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:44 pm

http://www.rte.ie/ne...1001/lamas.html

Mate of mine nearly hit these yesterday. Having avoided them, he then started laughing so much he nearly fell off his bike.Then came the fun part, he pulled into hard shoulder to call the cops.

#7 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:24 pm

I got up at 30mins before sparrows fart and drove 160miles to a job on Thursday mornin. They werent there, waited a few hours then gave up. On the way back they called "oops sorry we gots the wrong day" can you come tomorrow. I kip the night in some woods in the car, not only is it total shat to drive but its bloomin uncomfortable to sleep in.

This mornin I dropped £100 of Titanium nitride coated carbide blades into a 1metre deep shit pit of bedding. I found about £50 worth.

Then one of me more reluctant customers smashed me spec springs and broke my pen covering me in ink.

On the way back I spent 50miles behind a tratter.

Think next time oil just send THEM some money save me'sen the hassle. smile.gif

Sounds loike you ad a COCK BADGERS day CB!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#8 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:09 pm

..............I work for Wyevale..........

#9 Guest_celticbiker_*

Guest_celticbiker_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:38 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Sat 3rd Oct 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..............I work for Wyevale..........

????????

#10 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:42 pm

QUOTE(celticbiker @ Sat 3rd Oct 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
????????

Every day is a crap day.