#1 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:18 am

G'day Guys from Oz good.gif

Well, seems the real cost of coming home from one of my "Oz adventures" with a broken leg is to treat my lovely UK born Mrs B wub.gif to a "White English/Scottish Christmas".

While air fares are so low at the moment, here we come for a month, say from around (+ or -) 20th December this year.

Where we're at :- We have a friend in Little Aston, Mrs B has a cousin in The Lakes District & I have an expat Aussie/Pom living in Edinvillie, Aberlour, Scotland and we love driving long distances enjoying the country side. banana.gif

Will probably arrive via Heathrow & hire a nice warm car. That's as far as we've got so far. dunno.gif At least that's a start. tongue.gif

Would love & appreciate the opportunity to catch up/stay with locals along the way as much as possible angel.gif ...... one night here, a couple a nights there, sharing our experiences of being colonial folk and then off we go on the next leg doubtfull.gif Willingly contributing along the way.

Ideas and offers greatly appreciated, please pm

drinks.gif

Edited by masterbrewer, 07 June 2009 - 11:52 pm.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:26 am

Haaa cool. If you need a guide for Wilts/Oxon or Devon give us a shout. Sorry, can't offer accomodation as don't have any me'sen. smile.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:22 am

good.gif

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sat 4th Apr 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haaa cool. If you need a guide for Wilts/Oxon or Devon give us a shout. Sorry, can't offer accomodation as don't have any me'sen. smile.gif

Thanks Dappers

My late mother's ancestors' came from around Woolfardisworthy.

Covered that area last time we were over in 2003....... loved Cornwall wub.gif

drinks.gif

#4 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:11 pm

Give us a shout if you make it up towards Edinburgh. Can't promise much biking that time of year but you're welcome to stay in the spare room. I might be away at new year for a few days but otherwise should be here. Edinburgh's worth a visit IMHO.

#5 MarkyMark

MarkyMark

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 981 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:34 pm

have spare room

wiltshire/Swindon.

1.5 hr from Heathrow.

Happy to put you up a couple of nights.

XT1200Z - Big and bouncy

GTR1400 - Chaufer the wife.
XT660Z - Fun and commute.
TDM900 - Yellow.

#6 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:40 pm

good.gif

QUOTE(Minty Hippo @ Sun 5th Apr 2009, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Give us a shout if you make it up towards Edinburgh. Can't promise much biking that time of year but you're welcome to stay in the spare room. I might be away at new year for a few days but otherwise should be here. Edinburgh's worth a visit IMHO.

Thanks Keith, wub.gif I'll put your info in our planning box. yahoo.gif
Having seen the South Aussie weather in my ride reports, did you really think I would actually wanta ride in your winter ................... Bbbbrrrrrrrrrr hide.gif
I'm currently researching info of hire cars with the hottest heaters ambusy.gif, but SWMBO loves the cold huh.gif

My wife also loves watching English TV programs and is now paying closer attention to their locations ie "Rebus". But personally, I don't think it's worth going to Midsomer though, there'll be no one left by the time we got there rotflmmfao.gif

drinks.gif

Edited by masterbrewer, 04 April 2009 - 10:29 pm.

#7 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:49 pm

QUOTE(MarkyMark @ Sun 5th Apr 2009, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have spare room wiltshire/Swindon. 1.5 hr from Heathrow.Happy to put you up a couple of nights.

Thanks MarkyMark good.gif

Last time we were over in 2003, we based ourselves in Little Aston/Birmingham & covered that area with an additional week travelling SW to Cornwall.

So this time will hope to stay there initially again and then head north or maybe not, Wales sounds an interesting detour. Still early days, so many places so little time

Thanks again though. wub.gif

drinks.gif

Edited by masterbrewer, 05 April 2009 - 01:54 am.

#8 Guest_Pantboy_*

Guest_Pantboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:52 pm

little aston, your friend must be a football player then, cos most of the residents are tongue.gif it's only a small village but has a ferrari dealership so they can go shopping rolleyes.gif

#9 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:56 pm

QUOTE(masterbrewer @ Sat 4th Apr 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks MarkyMark good.gif

Last time we were over in 2003, we based ourselves in Little Aston/Birmingham & covered that area with an additional week travelling SW to Cornwall.

So this time will hope to stay there initially again and then head north.

Thanks again though. wub.gif

drinks.gif

unfortunately my little house is way to small but i have a large garden and a tent i live 30 mins from north lakes in Carlisle. (sorry i can't be any more obliging but there are 5 of us in a four bed hoose).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#10 Guest_celticbiker_*

Guest_celticbiker_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:04 am

If you happen to find yourself heading past South Wales we have a spare room and would be happy to put you up and show you around.

#11 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:24 am

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Sat 4th Apr 2009, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but i have a large garden and a tent
The most comfortable nights camping ever. Dunno what you put on that lawn but its super comfortable. [
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#12 dicky1

dicky1

just half a litre to go

• 837 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:10 pm

Masterbrewer if your plans change and you find yourself in the south of England (Southampton to be precise) you would be very welcome to stay with Francoise and I (for a couple of tinnies per night). We might even manage a bottle of the amber necter to help you tell me all you know about off-road mods/tyres for the TDM.
rgds...Dicky
TDM 900ABS, Suzuki DR250 twin-cam off-roader
Hers Honda XL1000, TTR250 off-roader

#13 stu

stu

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:28 pm

MB - do you have any plans to visit Ireland?

Stu

#14 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:06 pm

MB - i know it wont be a good time for biking weather, but if ya can sort out insurance you are welcome to borrow the XTZ for a bit.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#15 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:20 pm

G'day Guys good.gif

Soo much to do & soo much to see .......................... so little time ranting.gif

Very much appreciate your offers, thanks. wub.gif

Pantboy: Yeah you're not wrong about Little Aston, but our friend who lost his wife a few years ago, lives in "the poorest house in the best street" senerio. hidden.gif

Hartside Man: I know what a tent is like in the desert early morning hide.gif let alone an English winter .......... thanks for considering us though.

celticbiker
: Now you've got the Mrs thinking of alternative routes north .................... mmmmmmmmmm! .... maybe happy.gif will let you know

dicky1: Wooda loved to, but we were through that area last time when we went to the amazing Beaulieu Motor Museum, thanks anyway good.gif

stu: I don't think we will have enough time, the Mrs is time limited, maybe next time blush.gif

TonyDevil: Really appreciate your offer Tones, those A & B roads although tar look fantastic, but unfortunately I can't see myself getting on a bike while I'm over there. sad.gif

Still early days, but your hospitaility offers are very much appreciated wub.gif

Cheers
TDMKym

Edited by masterbrewer, 07 April 2009 - 10:34 pm.

#16 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:47 pm

good.gif

Our travel plans are slowing coming together.

Arrive Heathrow Sunday 13th December 6am, after non stop flight from Adelaide, South Australia, collect car then head west towards Windsor for jetlag adjustment.

As we missed Windsor Castle last time we were over, we hope to spend a day around Windsor before heading for a tour of Bath the next day, then onto Hereford until the 21st and then north to Edinvillie Scotland, returning south down the east coast after 2nd January.

Would love to catch up for a piece of cake or beer with some of "the locals" on say Sunday 13th while Mrs B sleeps, if anyone is interested.

Appreciate it if anyone can recommend any B & B's in Windsor?

Thanks

drinks.gif

#17 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:47 am

QUOTE(masterbrewer @ Mon 8th Jun 2009, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would love to catch up for a piece of cake or beer with some of "the locals" on say Sunday 13th while Mrs B sleeps, if anyone is interested.
i could prolly do that good.gif

cant recommend a B&B but if you can make it as far as Oxford theres a spare room available cool.gif
theres also a couple of bikes if you fancy a ride wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#18 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:28 am

Are we organizing a Christmas G2G here? badgrock.gif

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#19 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:29 pm

QUOTE(TDMick @ Tue 9th Jun 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are we organizing a Christmas G2G here? badgrock.gif

laugh.gif looks like it....

My TDM :

#20 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:17 pm

G'day Tones & thanks good.gif

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 8th Jun 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i could prolly do that good.gif cant recommend a B&B but if you can make it as far as Oxford theres a spare room available cool.gif theres also a couple of bikes if you fancy a ride wink.gif

Looks like we've secured accommodation in Maidenhead with long lost "rellie's" for our first couple of nights
drinks.gif

Edited by masterbrewer, 14 June 2009 - 10:19 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users