3 replies to this topic

#1 Trapezoid

Trapezoid

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:32 am

Hello,

Ricor Intiminators(http://store.ricorshocks.com/) have received good reviews amongst the riders of all sorts. Intiminators are a valve emulator kind of upgrade to the front suspension. Intiminators seem to know the difference of the front wheel trying to bounce because of terrain compared to the bike body trying to move about because of e.g. braking. Here is one review for V-strom in advrider: http://www.advrider....ght=intiminator

I've been interested in this product as soon a heard about it but the Ricor doesn't make one for TDM900. I contacted them to ask if Yamaha V-max version(43mm forks) could be used for TDM. Response was: "The 43mm should fit but we have not done one for your bike before. We should be able to get the valving very close."

So now I'm really thinking to order pair of Intiminators and trying them out. One thing that I really like is that they seem to help a lot with bike movement in weight transfer but still give very responsive suspension for road bumps and holes. If I changed the springs for a lot stiffer ones I would get the bike weight transfer in control but then lose the light and responsive effect of shock absorption. So if these contraptions work well I don't need to upgrade the springs and less money spent smile.gif

If I order these Intiminators I will report here if they really did fit and how they perform.

#2 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:21 pm

There's a few people on here using Racetech Gold Valve Emulators which I guess are a similar product.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:41 am

A few of us looked down their road before.... see here (link)

Edited by AzzA, 25 July 2010 - 05:46 am.

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#4 Trapezoid

Trapezoid

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:47 pm

Yeah, the rebound disabling thingy kinda spoils it totally. Ordered promoto progressive springs. That will do for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users