5 replies to this topic

#1 Cavey

Cavey

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:01 pm

Had a result yesterday (if you pardon the sport pundit cliche). I had to go to Bristol for a couple of meetings (from Southampton-ish). The satnav was suggesting A34 and M4 but "bollocks to that" said I, and took the TDM through the lanes there and back. It was a gorious day weather-wise and a super ride, but the best bit was that I was doing it in company time and I've been able to claim mileage for it! So I was paid to ride my bike 200 miles through the twisties! good.gif

Never mind, back to the usual bollox today. Shame all days aren't like yesterday rolleyes.gif
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

#2 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:09 pm

Result good.gif

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:50 pm

Hehehe thems the best wans Cavey.

There was a postal strike in Devon a few years back and I had a cunning plan at work to take our post out of the county to post, to avoid delays. Luckily for me Zummerzet was the nearest county and the nearest post orrifice was at the end of the B3227. Sadly the strike was only fur a week but that was a week being paid to rag it up and back the B3227 on a daily basis. banana.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:51 am

Lucky ba$^&*rd!!

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#5 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:29 pm

whenever i have to go to client site i always take the back roads option, i sit there at work with google maps and me satnav planning a route good.gif
unfortuantely at the moment my main commute is Southend to Reading, with that kind of distance its a bit hard to do a twisty route sad.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#6 Mikey B

Mikey B

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:44 pm

Often travel around the county of Dyfed-Powys on my bike with work related matters. Usually to Carmarthen, Llanelli, Haverfordwest, and occasionally Llandrindodwells. Get about 24p per mile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users