35 replies to this topic

#1 mr sat nav

mr sat nav

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 159 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:31 pm

No not that, but I'm still hopefull as the night is young..........

While the missus was out doin some last minute crimbo shopping I was meant to be 'cleaning' the house, yeah right, I'd already bought the bike a few pressie's and stashed them in the shed without her knowing.........that tells you who's boss.........so while she was out.......

New Renthal bars, with brace, touring screen (I'm 6'2", so needed!), trick carbon levers, handle bar risers, trickle charger, oxford heated grips and I've just had my front side panels re-sprayed yamaha diamond black so they went on.............the only thing that didn't come were the Renthal bar end weights, she looks a treat!!

Just wanted to tell someone really as I'm well chuffed with my morning's work, more so as I am not really very 'hands on'!! Once I get her out of the shed I'll get a few piccy's to put on the site............started her up and the Akrapoviks scared the cat half to death, superb!
IPB Image

#2 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:09 pm

QUOTE(mr sat nav @ Sat 23rd Dec 2006, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No not that, but I'm still hopefull as the night is young..........

While the missus was out doin some last minute crimbo shopping I was meant to be 'cleaning' the house, yeah right, I'd already bought the bike a few pressie's and stashed them in the shed without her knowing.........that tells you who's boss.........so while she was out.......

New Renthal bars, with brace, touring screen (I'm 6'2", so needed!), trick carbon levers, handle bar risers, trickle charger, oxford heated grips and I've just had my front side panels re-sprayed yamaha diamond black so they went on.............the only thing that didn't come were the Renthal bar end weights, she looks a treat!!

Just wanted to tell someone really as I'm well chuffed with my morning's work, more so as I am not really very 'hands on'!! Once I get her out of the shed I'll get a few piccy's to put on the site............started her up and the Akrapoviks scared the cat half to death, superb!

if ya can lay your hands on a 16mm metric fine thread tap, the bar ends on the renthals tap quite nicely for you to fit the origonal yam end weights good.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#3 E-njoy

E-njoy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:12 am

QUOTE(mr sat nav @ Sat 23rd Dec 2006, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Renthal bars, with brace, touring screen (I'm 6'2", so needed!), handle bar risers,

So you have a low renthal bar (which in my opinion makes the bike more ergonomic) but then compensate again by adding risers blink.gif? I'm 6'3", so I need a low screen... Either a low one or an extremely high one (one I can just look over). Anything in between, especially the yamaha touring screen, just adds turbulence / buffeting / noise. My TDM900A GT came with the high screen standard which I switched immediately for the stock screen which I highly prefer because of comfort. Still I changed that for a MRA vario touring screen which fortunately is not that much higher, but it is wider and as the variable flip up in case I do need (still relatively buffet free) more screen which struggling against headwinds. Of course a lower screen also gives more exposure to cold winter wind, but you can dress for that. Hope the tall screen worlks for you though, I never had any good experience with intermediate high screens. Last Motorrad review I read of the TDM (compared to Deauville, V-strom 650 and Kawa ER6F) also complained highly about the turbulence and noise of the screen (it had the Yamaha touring screen installed).

Here's my MRA screen (my current low ABM steering bar not yet installed on pic):

For my height this screen is perfect, but for people shorter than me this screen is already too high and noisy. If you're small enough, the touring screen might be good (blowing the blast over the helmet). But if you're 6'2", I doubt you'll like the screen... although I hope you do, since you're so gay about it. Got any pics of your transformed steed? Did the missus caught you yet? What's the punishment going to be you think?
Emile
www.piloot.com
'80 Honda CB400T Hawk, '92 Yamaha XJ600S Diversion, '90 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast, '92 Honda ST1100ABSTCS Pan European, '00 BMW R1150GS ABS, '04 Yamaha XP500i T-max, '01 Triumph Sprint ST 955i, '06 Yamaha TDM900A GT, '02 Honda ST1300A Pan European

#4 Cavey

Cavey

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 24 December 2006 - 10:55 am

QUOTE(mr sat nav @ Sat 23rd Dec 2006, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just had my front side panels re-sprayed yamaha diamond black

Black - the worst colour to keep clean!!! especially with all this bloody salt on the roads!

QUOTE(E-njoy @ Sun 24th Dec 2006, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still I changed that for a MRA vario touring screen

Screens are a much discussed subject on this forum! I'm 6'3" and have an 850 with standard screen. I'm awaiting feedback from the chaps who've bought the MRA vario wing thingy as a bolt on extra.
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

#5 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 December 2006 - 10:55 am

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Sat 23rd Dec 2006, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if ya can lay your hands on a 16mm metric fine thread tap, the bar ends on the renthals tap quite nicely for you to fit the origonal yam end weights good.gif

Good tip, pity I have already got the renthal bar ends to go with the bars.
TAM
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#6 cyco900

cyco900

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:31 am

I found the low renthal bars,when in a good position for me caught on the top fairing(900) so fitting the 1" risers myself. Agree tho they (the bars) do improve the look.
Boring Old Fartz mcc / Diflas Hen Rhech - the PARTY club
[b]Now 03 TDM900 and Honda 450 Cafe Racer - previous bikes:- 97 virago535 -Triumph Trophy900- TDM850Mk1- Honda VF750F- Honda CB350K4- Honda CB650F chop- Suzuki 100- Honda CB900F x2 -Honda CB250 Dream -Kawasaki K400 -Honda CB650F Chop- Honda CB750K2- Kawasaki Z1000- HD Sportster1000- Triumph 500t- Honda 400/4- TriBsa 650- BSA C15- Triumph Speedtwin combo -BSA B33 chop- BSA A65 -BSA A10 chop- Ariel Golden Arrow- BSA Bantam- Francis Barnet- NSU Quickly. think thats the lot?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
bunny hoppin

Sign by Dealighted - Coupons & Discount Shopping

#7 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:44 am

QUOTE(Cavey @ Sun 24th Dec 2006, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Black - the worst colour to keep clean!!! especially with all this bloody salt on the roads!

Agreed, but black 'n' dirty may be the way to go for street cred (NB Yamaha now lists the TDM as a "street bike"), having kept the parallel twin theme alive till its current rediscovery? cool.gif

Maybe get some black T shirts printed for the summer with the Carpe logo on the left chest and "TDM - Cool or What??" in big script on the back?

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#8 mr sat nav

mr sat nav

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 03:30 pm

Hi guys, the replies make an interesting read, although I am a little worried how what I said could be construed as being 'gay' about it, whats that all about?
IPB Image

#9 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 24 December 2006 - 07:30 pm

QUOTE(mr sat nav @ Sun 24th Dec 2006, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys, the replies make an interesting read, although I am a little worried how what I said could be construed as being 'gay' about it, whats that all about?

Absolutely nothing.... Once apon a time someone thought the 900 was 'gay' looking (as in the youth slang). I can't see it.
Mk1 and Mk2 850 owners use it to pick at 900 owners. 'Mine is better than yours, Mine is bigger than yours' etc.

It is getting just a tad overdone. isurrender.gif

Now a Mazda Miata.... that's actually is gay. rotflmmfao.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#10 mr sat nav

mr sat nav

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:02 pm

OK finished playing with the bike's Chrimbo pressie's and have put a couple of piccy's on with the bars and higher screen,sorry they are not particularly bright, but its a bit dim today......

http://www.photobox....c_album=4690545

Wan't quite sure how to put pics on as I was unable to put directly onto post, so sorry you'll have to cut and paste the link untill someone explains it to me in untechnical terms...........................................
IPB Image

#11 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:06 pm

QUOTE(mr sat nav @ Thu 28th Dec 2006, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK finished playing with the bike's Chrimbo pressie's and have put a couple of piccy's on with the bars and higher screen,sorry they are not particularly bright, but its a bit dim today......
Wan't quite sure how to put pics on as I was unable to put directly onto post, so sorry you'll have to cut and paste the link untill someone explains it to me in untechnical terms...........................................

it keeps putting up not logged in errors here as i am not a member of photobox sad.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#12 SteveGlover

SteveGlover

850 going for 900

• 857 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:00 pm

I think that you haven't made the album available for public viewing...
You have arrived at an album which is not available for public viewing. If you have been invited to view this album, please log in to our site or register using the boxes on the top right of the page.

#13 mr sat nav

mr sat nav

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:46 pm

Hi, thanks for that, yes your right, just made it available for public viewing, link below:

http://www.photobox....k/album/4690545
IPB Image

#14 Guest_davsil_*

Guest_davsil_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:58 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Sun 24th Dec 2006, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is getting just a tad overdone. isurrender.gif

ok if you gonna surrender then i will isurrender.gif

do you think the 900 brigade will also accept a truce rolleyes.gif good.gif

#15 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:08 am

,sorry they are not particularly bright, but its a bit dim today......

Is this any better?

It must have been brighter in my part of the world.

QUOTE(davsil @ Thu 28th Dec 2006, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok if you gonna surrender then i will isurrender.gif

do you think the 900 brigade will also accept a truce rolleyes.gif good.gif

isurrender.gif I can not speak for all but I think a cease fire is possible isurrender.gif
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#16 E-njoy

E-njoy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:23 am

Mr sat nav, I think those cute orange blinkers are still a bit too gay .
You're bike is screaming for black blinker lenses, that would make it cool enough

Emile
www.piloot.com
'80 Honda CB400T Hawk, '92 Yamaha XJ600S Diversion, '90 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast, '92 Honda ST1100ABSTCS Pan European, '00 BMW R1150GS ABS, '04 Yamaha XP500i T-max, '01 Triumph Sprint ST 955i, '06 Yamaha TDM900A GT, '02 Honda ST1300A Pan European

#17 mr sat nav

mr sat nav

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:50 pm

Andy-k - how did you do that?????? I can't manage to put a picture on a post for love nor money!!

E-njoy - really nice bike mate, I like it, though I do think those handlebars make it look a bit gay, its screaming out for some Renthals and carbon levers!!??

So where do you get the black blinker lenses from then?

tdm850rider - what on earth does a Mazda Miata look like?
IPB Image

#18 mr sat nav

mr sat nav

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:02 pm

Hi everyone, really chuffed, thanks for all your help I can now put pictures on my postings and have discovered a smart new signature, splendid!!
IPB Image

#19 Lerk

Lerk

really likes Carpe

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:37 pm

Can't help but notice a recurring theme in your bike show pics unsure.gif , you are truly a carpeist...

...Yep every one has a horrible glare from the top of your bonce! rotflmmfao.gif

Very nice bike BTW
Cheers
LERK

No Trees were harmed by sending this message - Though a few electrons were mildly inconvenienced...

#20 E-njoy

E-njoy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:09 pm

QUOTE(mr sat nav @ Fri 29th Dec 2006, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
E-njoy - really nice bike mate, I like it, though I do think those handlebars make it look a bit gay, its screaming out for some Renthals and carbon levers!!??

I already got an ABM bar on it in titanium color, much more original than Renthal cool.gif.
Carbon levers, that does sound interesting. Link?

tdm850rider - what on earth does a Mazda Miata look like?

There's this thing called www.google.com. If you go there and click on images, then enter Mazda Miata in the search bar, you'll know within seconds... It's called MX5 in euroland.

Emile
www.piloot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users