#1 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:42 pm

Hi to all!

05/02/14 Yesterday, I left my bike in the garage fall, try to look for the oil level.
I supported the side stand on a piece of wood to keep the motorcycle upright. When I lowered, the bike was already falling on me.
Unable to hold her and she fell to the ground. The motorcycle not have islider front or bars motor protection, I think the damage was still small. The fairing on the right side was slightly scratched in the field of decal. The indicator lamp flashes and lens broke.
I'm trying to take full flashes.
Following the service manual already removed the 2 side fairings and
Wind Shield. Also removed the 4 screws from the inside panel. I can not move it from the front fairing. I have used the tool to search and read almost all topics, but I confess that I can not remove the inner panel.

In de link: http://www.carpe-tdm...ring#entry59360
In the explanation of the topics is contained in  messages Guest_GuyGraham (post # 4) and Lance (post # 5).

Please, I question you guys to be removed the inner panel?
1)The 6  screws Wind shield have been removed, the 6  rubber  also has to be removed?
2) These rubbers are preventing me from removing the interior panel?

I tried with screwdriver and they do not leave. :istupid:  

3) They are glued, have bumps, or is it just the pressure that holds it in place?
4) I have to pull them up?

Please, appreciate if someone can help me with answers. :sorry:  

Cheers!

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda Tornado 2005 - Honda CB400 1982 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

#2 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:35 pm

Hi Sidarta

Yes it is the 6 rubber bungs - just press then through the plastic inner (not glued) BUT NOT through the rest of the fairing. Inner fairing should lift off now. You can pull out the rubber bungs. If you push the rubber bungs through both fairing parts you will have fun finding them.

Sim, é o 6 tampões de borracha - basta pressionar em seguida, através do plástico interior (não colado), mas não através do resto da carenagem. Carenagem interna deve sair agora. Você pode retirar os tampões de borracha. Se você empurrar os tampões de borracha através de ambas as partes carenagem você vai se divertir encontrá-los.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:09 pm

Hi Sid,

I've found it easier to lever the cowling out from the well nuts (rubber bungs), still be prepared for one or 2 to try & disappear. Don't forget to protect the paintwork though.

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#4 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• 845 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:36 pm

Hi Favs!  Hi RolfieB!

:rotflmmfao:  :rotflmmfao:             

Friends, thank you very much the attention of you.
Favs, you hit the fly, I pushed the . 4 found between the fairings and one the garage floor. It was a fun find the sixth, which was well hidden among the fairings.
Rolfieb, I think it would have been easier pucha them. The problem would be finding them later.
As for painting, his warning was too good for me to take care.
Really the trump card are these rubber bungs. I see some talk that took two hours to remove them. I started at 10:00 am and finished just now at 16:20 h. Not bad for a beginner, only six hours and twenty minutes. :istupid: 
After the return of you, it took me 20 minutes. :wifgeni: 

Under, the big secret to separate fairings:

http://s1067.photobu...html?sort=3&o=2
http://s1067.photobu...html?sort=3&o=1
http://s1067.photobu...html?sort=3&o=3
http://s1067.photobu...html?sort=3&o=0

Thank you so much. If I lived near there, we would have tea, coffee and cake. :P 
Maybe one day?
Sincerely grateful for the attention and prompt return of you. :drinks:

Cheers!

Edited by Sidarta, 16 May 2014 - 03:10 am.

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

#5 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:38 pm

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#6 Wildbill

Wildbill

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:36 am

Sid; next time just lean it against a wall.

Don't come preaching to me;you'll get chased down the road wiff a pitchfork.

#7 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• 845 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:01 am

Hi Wildbill!

I'm 1,73 m tall and weight only 63kg. I confess I did not like the experience of seeing a motorcycle with about 222kg, falling on me.
I was in a vulnerable position, luckily did not suffer injury.
After this I am a bit taken aback. Scalded cat is afraid to cold water. :hide:

Cheers!

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

#8 Wildbill

Wildbill

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:16 am

It is good that you were unhurt Sid.

#9 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:10 am

Sidarta, maybe you need to invest in a proper support stand like the Abba. It will be much safer for you and the bike.

http://www.abbastands.co.uk/

Not sure if they deliver to your country, but can you get a local engineer to copy one for you ? They are made from 40mm RHS steel  box section. The screw part is a 20mm bolt with a welded nut.

The engineer will need to be able to weld accurately.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#10 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• 845 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:49 pm

Hi to all!

Hey lee,

Lee, I have a stand to the rear wheel. http://i1067.photobu...zpsb02a3a3a.jpg

I had just got home and wanted to streamline the measurement of oil level. Usually my youngest daughter who is looking to level me while I stand mounted. That's because I prefer to do the measurement, after returning from a tour with the motorcycle. My daughter was traveling with her mother and I was alone at home.
The bike fell negligênia, stupidity and hurry to check the oil level :istupid: 
This was the reason to use the piece of wood, that is already in the garage.

http://i1067.photobu...zps4644d31b.jpg
http://i1067.photobu...zpse212c9f6.jpg
http://i1067.photobu...zps8558cd2d.jpg

I apologize for the photo quality. I took them with the cellular telephone
I got the support of the rear wheel with chrome finish.
Due to poor quality of the material, I applied a liquid stripper.
Will be painted later.

Cheers!

Edited by Sidarta, 15 May 2014 - 06:56 pm.

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

#11 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:17 pm

Nice looking bike Sid, & I like your little prop for the rear wheel.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

#12 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• 845 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:02 am

Hi to all!

Gentlemens, focus back to the topic: the difficulty for the separation of the two fairings that involves the dashboard and surrounding the lighthouse. Surely every user who venture into this work for the first time, will encounter the same difficulties and doubts that I had. :sorry:  The response I got from friends Carpe: the big secret is the removal of the rubber plugs. So I think that the introduction of some photos, could complement the operation. Thus the topic will be more complete, in case of future research on the subject. After all will always have a first-timer and power assist will be a pleasure.
So I'll be editing my post number 4º, inserting the link to the photos.
My gratitude to all who kindly assisted me. :cake eating:  :drinks:

Cheers!

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

#13 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:07 pm

.......not quite clear as to what procedures were being suggested above, but in my (repeated) recent wrestlings with removal of the nose fairing, and all that precedes it, I found that the most effective route was to 'oik-out the (rubber) well-nuts using a pair of long-nosed pliers, grasping some of the flat washer-esque part, together with the 'trunk' of the well-nut, and tugging / jiggling with firm but restrained movement, so as not to tear the rubber......I became quite adept at it.

As to the 'falling over' event, I've been v.wary of this too, when propping-up, like Sid, to check the oil level, but have discovered that, underneath the grab handle (you know, the elegant aerofoil shaped metal thingie on the tail unit of the Mk2 / 4TX) there is a square hole in the casting, which beautifully accommodates the end of a length of 1"x1" (25mmx25mm) - about 1m long - which can jam into the floor / ground on the opposite side to the sidestand......thus preventing the toppling threat to life & limb.....especially if you happen to be crouched down with a torch, scrutinising the inspection window.....and in no position to 'catch it' should it all go pete tong.

.........not sure this is worthy enough to merit entry in the Knowledgebase.........Jiff.

#14 Wildbill

Wildbill

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:18 pm

Good that you got it sorted Sid; careful with the hammer around the lighthouse be. :good:

Tiles on the garage floor are nice but very slippy : like a fish ! ( or a politician)

Edited by Wildbill, 18 May 2014 - 01:19 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users