2 replies to this topic

#1 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:34 am

My RAC renewal has just dropped into my in box and has gone up to £180! Last year it was £140 but I used some Tesco vouchers to bring it down a bit.

However, I've just been poking around the Go Compare site and I can get personal cover from an outfit called 'Cover My Breakdown' for under £50.

So my question is has anyone ever used this company (or one of the dozens of others on the site) and have you needed to call them out, and if so were you happy with the service?

I was going to use Autoaid  as some members last year said they used them but when I looked at their reviews online people were scathing about them (although most complaints seemed to be about automatic renewal of their policies).

Any comments gratefully received. Cheers all.

Riggers.

#2 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 05 May 2020 - 02:01 pm

You could try phoning the RAC and getting the premium reduced, I have to do it every year with the AA. Seems you have to do this with everything now.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#3 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:23 pm

I have had auto aid for the last 5 years used them 3 times no problems using the same subcontractors as the AA in my case no european cover but you and your partner are covered for any vehicle you are in bike or car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users