drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:13 pm

Hi Folks,

Just picked up my pistons and downpipes from Camcoat in Warrington.

I must say they have done a cracking job on them and the piston skirts just need a little bit of buffing with a 3m pad to get the proper clearance.

The reason I went for the downpipes Kerachromed is the fact that the coating doesn't spoil over time and stays that way (we'll see) this wasn't cheap though as for a few £'s more I could have bought new ones.

I would def recommend the pistons if they are slightly over the wear limit as this take-up the wear.

Attached File  IMG_0868.JPG   90.95KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0867.JPG   178.89KB   0 downloads

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#2 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:44 pm

Wow !  :badgerrock: Beautiful !

Bjørge

#3 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:52 pm

Nice
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:23 pm

Hope the pipes stay clean. :badgerrock:

#5 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:34 pm

Hope the pipes stay clean. :badgerrock:

should be easier to wash.

just need to take any finger prints off before firing up as they can burn in due to the coating still hardening 

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:56 pm

Cool. :cool:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:38 pm

I like :good:

Drew do you know which downpipes they are, they look identical to mine and i have'nt a clue, possibly Black Widow !

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 05 June 2020 - 05:32 pm

Next question is how spendy is it?
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#9 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:54 am

I like :good:

Drew do you know which downpipes they are, they look identical to mine and i have'nt a clue, possibly Black Widow !

i had a gps can which I've replaced with another GPS

Next question is how spendy is it?

pistons £49 downpipes £90 all plus vat and delivery, although I live 1/2 hour away so picked them up.
Cost 168 inc vat

#10 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:22 pm

engine is now more or less built.

I've ordered some thread lock for the cam bolts that hold the cam wheel to the shaft after the near miss of one hanging off.

one more thing. I have a small wire bracket that was sent with the cylinder head and the fiches don't show it, only on tenere.

What does is protect and where do you think it will go on the intake manifold?

I guessed this one but happy to change it whilst engine is on the bench

Attached Files

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:02 pm

Here's where the bracket was on my mk2a, you can just see it on the right of the right inlet.  It was used to guide the vac pipe down the right side of the engine.

Attached File  mk2aoil tankoff2.jpg   103.38KB   0 downloads

Item No.9

38dfee5399ac3972e087813b4c873269.png

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#12 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:44 pm

brilliant, thanks :good:

#13 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:15 pm

Attached File  IMG_0977.JPG   156.9KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0978.JPG   182.2KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0982.JPG   138.2KB   0 downloadsEngine finished now, just waiting for a break in the downpours to fit it to the frame.

#14 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:24 pm

While that oil tank is nicely exposed has anyone considered fitting a level sensor?

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#15 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 16 June 2020 - 01:38 pm

While that oil tank is nicely exposed has anyone considered fitting a level sensor?

I have  :)

Thought about buying one for the 9er and try squishing it into my oil tank. Then I got to think of the lack of oil consumption.....and skipped the idea  :rolleyes:

Bjørge

#16 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:26 pm

Lick lick
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#17 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 16 June 2020 - 02:32 pm

I have  :)

Thought about buying one for the 9er and try squishing it into my oil tank. Then I got to think of the lack of oil consumption.....and skipped the idea  :rolleyes:

The 900 already comes with an oil level sensor  inside the oil tank

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#18 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 June 2020 - 03:43 pm

Nice job drew, i found it really quite easy to mount  the rear upper bolt and i could pivot the engine to line up other mounts.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#19 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:05 pm

Nice job drew, i found it really quite easy to mount  the rear upper bolt and i could pivot the engine to line up other mounts.

good idea, was going to do the rear lower first and push up, but I'll let gravity help me

#20 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:57 pm

Sminky. :)  Great job Drew. :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users