tdut site

cheers Graeme yahoo.gif

enjoy yourselfs chaps, ride safe, keep the site updates coming

BD

MOTO GUZZI T3 with Le Mans engine, frisky for an old girl
YAMAHA Tracer 700 

RE Himalayan
Down to 3 toys at the moment, need to go shopping I think

I DON'T DO EXERCISE - if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have put cake on the floor

#3 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:27 pm

pinned in Carpe News room for duration of meet

enjoy yaself folks cool.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#4 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:06 pm

Enjoy yourself guys, it was just bad timing for me.

Al

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#5 Onanist

Onanist

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:27 am

Have fun gent's.
Sat here really envious good.gif
My life in bikes (with the random oddity) Made it to 48 with no car licence : Yamaha DT50M, Yamaha RD250E, Honda Melody (stupid law changes), Honda NS125F, Yamaha FZ600, Yamaha TDM850 MKI, CZ 125, GSXR1100WP, Aprilia RS250, Yamaha TDM850 MKII, Yamaha YZF750, Honda FT500, Reliant Rialto, Suzuki DR250, Suzuki DR650, Sukida 200, Yamaha Thunderace, Yamaha TDM900 2003, Yamaha TDM850 MKI, Triumph Tiger 1050, Triumph Tiger Explorer

#6 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:53 pm

Looks like shit weather too.

#7 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• 1,316 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:36 pm

Cats is right, shame about the weather...we are getting some nice blustery showers in between rain. Dark when I go to work, dark when I get home...I don't know why I read these things blink.gif
Wish I was there........

Edited by apw99, 22 October 2010 - 07:37 pm.

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#8 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:51 pm

That sure is an awesome sight from the fire tower at Mt Nugong !

Don't eat the yellow snow laugh.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#9 MotoBloke

MotoBloke

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 191 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:21 am

I'm jealous too...
...to have to miss the latter part of the week.
(To fill the reader in, I had to return home (900 km) for work, leaving the TDUT camp on Wednesday morning. I'm the one in various photos wearing the dayglow jacket.)

TDUT's and all,
I headed from Sydney just before lunch on Sunday to Delegate, NSW (on NSW/Vic. border). It was a BORING mostly motorway transport ride, except from Cooma south to Delegate, which had beaut high-speed sweepers.
Trotski met with me Monday morning in Delegate. Less than 20km further is where the photo below was taken.

Scraping my left hero-blob became the norm for much of the Bonang 'highway'. Strangely, I'm more shy of leaning on right-handers.

We had a rendezvous with SnigDog - who came north from the Mornington Peninsula - at Bruthen, Vic., a couple of hours further towards Omeo. The cafe provided fine eats and soups while we sniggered at Ducatisti and other uncomfortable moto-tourists ex-Philip Island. Some of my local club (the Clubman Tourers MCC) had a house organised on Philip Island for the MotoGP, and they bumped into me at Bruthen, a complete coincidence, as they usually return to Sydney and other points north via other routes.

Omeo rolled under our tyres by mid afternoon. The ride from Bruthen to Omeo was fair and careful - due to strong Police presence. Graeme had his blinged-up 900 and a Yamaha banner proudly displayed in front of the 'Omeo Alpine Camp', making it easy to spot the place. SnigDog, Trotski and me were the first to arrive... Graeme having developed an unattractive nervous twitch at the sound of a twin, any twin! blink.gif
Graeme has posted photos of this on his special TDUT site http://www.omeo.org.au/tdm/

Camp is a spacious large building with several rooms of dormitory size, a spacious living area and a big kitchen. And there is a large house behind with several twin rooms and a small dormitory. Space for at least 50! good.gif

A local pub is within stagger distance of the camp, and we enjoyed evening meals and drinks there on Monday and Tuesday nights (perhaps again on other nights, lads?).

On Tuesday, Graeme guided us on a tour of historic and scenic points to the south and east of Omeo. Here's a few pics:

After a short blast on never-a-dull-moment roads past Cassilis (Graeme's home), stopping at Tongio-Swifts Creek, and then at the ghosttown Brookville to explore the late hermit's hut.

Somewhere on the Bentlys Plain road? Australia is so new - the roadbuilders have trouble keeping up!

The author, squinting, on the tower at Mt Nugong.

On Wednesday morning, I sacrificed a great day's riding with the TDUT, for a winding route home (Sydney) over the next two days. So, I farewelled the crew at the Omeo Bakery, heading straight for the Snowy Mountains via Corryong using C545 (Benambra to Corryong Road). After Benambra, this road is mostly unsealed, for 95km. Once again, I had a short delay as a road crew carried out repairs. Two hours twenty, Omeo to Corryong.

Lunch at Corryong included an oil top-up (at 85000 km I have leaky valve seals). Ten minutes, and across into NSW approaching Khancoban, my right foot slipped of the footpeg.... oil all over my boot and the bike! I'd left the filler cap at the BP petrol station! A hog-riding local stopped and offered to help. I cleaned-up the mess (the mess of oil on the bike, do you mind!), plugged the filler with rag, limped back to Corryong, found and screwed the cap in. Many thanks to the station staff for finding and saving it for me! That had put me behind by an hour. Rear disc and pads were slightly oil-contaminated.

With a long afternoon of fabulous riding over the Snowies and on to the NSW South Coast, down the famous Brown Mountain to come, I was yawning my head off. I took a kip at 'Tom Groggin' (how appropriate), on the Alpine Way, with wallabies, magpies and ants for company.

As outlined, the ride over the Snowies via Thredbo and Jindabyne, then on to Dalgety, Nimmitabel and Brown Mt down to Bega was simply 'to die for'. I stayed at the YHA at Narooma over Wednesday night, before winding my way up Highway 1 (Princes Hwy) to Sydney by 1:30 pm Thursday. Home!

Bugs from just the trip home. Graeme supplied bike washing facilities at camp, which I'd used on Tuesday.

Oh, the weather was fine, and mostly sunny for all my trip. blush.gif

...looking forward the reports from the rest of the TDUT 2010! drinks.gif

Edited by MotoBloke, 05 November 2010 - 10:07 pm.

MotoBloke
www.ShineMyBike.com
Sinny, Ostraya
98 TDM850L 4TX series aka Mk2a 146000km
Tiger screen; Laser ProStock exhaust; large old Givi topbox; ProTaper ATV 'bars; BarkBusters with Storm guards; CoyoteMoto crash knobs; Aldi GoCruise GPS; Michelin Pilot Road 3 tyres.
Previous loves:
Suzuki DL650 V-Strom K6; Honda XL600VH Transalp X 2; Suzuki GS500; Yam XTZ750 Super Tenere; Yam FJ1200U; MotoGuzzi V65 Lario; Kawa KLR600; Honda XL350 RF.

post-1-1150559830.gif

#10 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:08 am

QUOTE(MotoBloke @ Sat 23rd Oct 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm jealous too...
...to have to miss the latter part of the week.
(To fill the reader in, I had to return home (900 km) for work, leaving the TDUT camp on Wednesday morning. I'm the one in various photos wearing the dayglow jacket.)

TDUT's and all,
I headed from Sydney just before lunch on Sunday to Delegate, NSW (on NSW/Vic. border). It was a BORING mostly motorway transport ride, except from Cooma south to Delegate, which had beaut high-speed sweepers.
Trotski met with me Monday morning in Delegate. Less than 20km further is where the photo below was taken.

Scraping my left hero-blob became the norm for much of the Bonang 'highway'. Strangely, I'm more shy of leaning on right-handers.

We had a rendezvous with SnigDog - who came north from the Mornington Peninsula - at Bruthen, Vic., a couple of hours further towards Omeo. The cafe provided fine eats and soups while we sniggered at Ducatisti and other uncomfortable moto-tourists ex-Philip Island. Some of my local club (the Clubman Tourers MCC) had a house organised on Philip Island for the MotoGP, and they bumped into me at Bruthen, a complete coincidence, as they usually return to Sydney and other points north via other routes.

Omeo rolled under our tyres by mid afternoon. The ride from Bruthen to Omeo was fair and careful - due to strong Police presence. Graeme had his blinged-up 900 and a Yamaha banner proudly displayed in front of the 'Omeo Alpine Camp', making it easy to spot the place. SnigDog, Trotski and me were the first to arrive... Graeme having developed an unattractive nervous twitch at the sound of a twin, any twin! blink.gif
Graeme has posted photos of this on his special TDUT site (feel free to include link here).

Camp is a spacious large building with several rooms of dormitory size, a spacious living area and a big kitchen. And there is a large house behind with several twin rooms and a small dormitory. Space for at least 50! good.gif

A local pub is within stagger distance of the camp, and we enjoyed evening meals and drinks there on Monday and Tuesday nights (perhaps again on other nights, lads?).

On Tuesday, Graeme guided us on a tour of historic and scenic points to the south and east of Omeo. Here's a few pics:

After a short blast on never-a-dull-moment roads past Cassilis (Graeme's home), stopping at Tongio-Swifts Creek, and then at the ghosttown Brookville to explore the late hermit's hut.

Somewhere on the Bentlys Plain road? Australia is so new - the roadbuilders have trouble keeping up!

The author, squinting, on the tower at Mt Nugong.
On Wednesday morning, I sacrificed a great day's riding with the TDUT, for a winding route home (Sydney) over the next two days. So, I farewelled the crew at the Omeo Bakery, heading straight for the Snowy Mountains via Corryong using C545 (Benambra to Corryong Road). After Benambra, this road is mostly unsealed, for 95km. Once again, I had a short delay as a road crew carried out repairs. Two hours twenty, Omeo to Corryong.

Lunch at Corryong included an oil top-up (at 85000 km I have leaky valve seals). Ten minutes, and across into NSW approaching Khancoban, my right foot slipped of the footpeg.... oil all over my boot and the bike! I'd left the filler cap at the BP petrol station! A hog-riding local stopped and offered to help. I cleaned-up the mess (the mess of oil on the bike, do you mind!), plugged the filler with rag, limped back to Corryong, found and screwed the cap in. Many thanks to the station staff for finding and saving it for me! That had put me behind by an hour. Rear disc and pads were slightly oil-contaminated.

With a long afternoon of fabulous riding over the Snowies and on to the NSW South Coast, down the famous Brown Mountain to come, I was yawning my head off. I took a kip at 'Tom Groggin' (how appropriate), on the Alpine Way, with wallabies, magpies and ants for company.

As outlined, the ride over the Snowies via Thredbo and Jindabyne, then on to Dalgety, Nimmitabel and Brown Mt down to Bega was simply 'to die for'. I stayed at the YHA at Narooma over Wednesday night, before winding my way up Highway 1 (Princes Hwy) to Sydney by 1:30 pm Thursday. Home!

Bugs from just the trip home. Graeme supplied bike washing facilities at camp, which I'd used on Tuesday.

Oh, the weather was fine, and mostly sunny for all my trip. blush.gif

...looking forward the reports from the rest of the TDUT 2010! drinks.gif

Hi Tom, glad you made it home ok, sorry you had to go so soon. The rest of the week just got better and better. Will pm you soon, just flat out trying to get the pics and vids moved between comps.
cheers Graeme

#11 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:31 am

QUOTE(Studley Ramrod @ Fri 22nd Oct 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sure is an awesome sight from the fire tower at Mt Nugong !

That is a crazy picture.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#12 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:35 am

Hi Guy's, just a quick note to say I got home safely, it rained non stop all the way from Bruthen to Cooma so it was a slow trip.
I'll post some of my pic's later, I had a great time and many thanks to Graeme for his magnificent organising of the rally, it was great to meet every one

BTW great ride report Tom
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#13 OzMOTO

OzMOTO

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 54 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:36 am

Craig and Dave from Cowra reporting in .... made it home safely.

Had a great ride home despite rain all the way and having to take several detours near Tumbarumba due to washed out bridges.

We both had a fantastic week thanks to Graeme's great organisation and the friendship of all those who attended!

#14 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:35 am

Echoing the sentiments of the blokes above, re' Graeme and his brilliant execution of a wonderful plan... and I made it home safe too, with about half a litre of "fresh" mountain water in each of my boots.

Visibility over Mt Hotham was measurable in arm lengths, not many of them either, and there was absolutely no sign of the breathtaking view we had earlier in the week from the summit.

Overall, the TDUT2010 is going to be a hard act to follow for a long while to come. Awesome! biggrin.gif

and there was cake eating.gif

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#15 Snigdog

Snigdog

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:59 pm

All,
Home safe after damp, cold trip over Hotham. The old girl started to ice quite badly (as usual) so had to pull in at the top and put the HD Winter Idle Boost in the petrol tank (its the only thing that fixes it).

By the time we hit the Hume it had fined up and continued on via Euroa, Merton, Yarck, Yea and on down to the Peninsula.

Echoing what everyone else has said....a brilliant week...great company, weather, roads, riding, scenery, history ....Thanks Graeme
....and a passing nod to the motorcycle which brought us all together...the Yamaha TDM !
Cheers,
Sd

Edited by Snigdog, 23 October 2010 - 09:35 pm.

2007 TDM 900
2006 ST1300A

#16 Guest_brentong_*

Guest_brentong_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:24 pm

Hi All,
Arrived home Sunday. The weather improved all the way from Hotham (fog and rain) to Adelaide (clear skies).
On the ride up to Hotham I had to avoid riding into the back of a bus that had hidden in a huge cloud of its own burning engine oil.
Enjoyed the TDUT2010 very much. well done Graeme

#17 Guest_graeme_*

Guest_graeme_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:15 pm

Well, apart from the Queenslanders who will be a day or two yet, thats everyone home safe.
Thanks for the kind comments, there was a bit of work in the organising but if the efforts not made, it wont work.
Its the participants who make or break it though and have to say that you would be hard pressed to find a better, more co-opperative, helpful and enthusiastic bunch than you lot. The week was just fantastic and i would like to thank everyone who took part.
Snigdog might post about who won what category at the tdut logies but i am told that the BMW rider who now has a Yamaha cap (coutesy of Trotski) intends to wear it to the next BM meeting.
Snigdog, myself and Rob took quite a few photos which are pooled on my computer at the moment (others also but they have them) They will gradually appear on the web so dont think that the little bit thats there now is all there will be. Will try and mention who took the photos but might miss one or two.
Some videos by myself and Rob also and will edit and get on Youtube soon.

Thanks everyone, look forward to seeing you all again
cheers Graeme clapping.gif

#18 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• 1,548 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:03 am

Glad to have met you Brenton and I hope your Mrs enjoyed the ride home.

The bus was dead by the time we came through, it didn't even make it to the Mt Hotham Airport if I remember correctly, just through the apex of an uphill sweeper is where it chose to finally rest... in one of those "glad I wasn't going faster" places.

Snigdog,

good to see you got some photo's in the pea soup, I gave up on the idea at the thought of trying to get wet gloves back onto wet hands... it's Monday now and they're still wet (the gloves)... I don't have great deals of praise for the Dririder brand at the moment, but I do see why they're not called "Dryrider".

My Dririder pants seem to suck water up the leg and deposit into the boot, they're very efficient at it too, I'm currently open to suggestions on how to fix the issue. Anyone?

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#19 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:42 am

QUOTE(AzzA @ Mon 25th Oct 2010, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I gave up on the idea at the thought of trying to get wet gloves back onto wet hands... it's Monday now and they're still wet (the gloves)... I don't have great deals of praise for the Dririder brand at the moment, but I do see why they're not called "Dryrider".
My Dririder pants seem to suck water up the leg and deposit into the boot, they're very efficient at it too, I'm currently open to suggestions on how to fix the issue. Anyone?

I used some under gloves from a Ski shop and could get my gloves on and off ok (but they still soaked up water like a sponge) duct tape around the leg helps with water in your boots too.
Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#20 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:22 am

Hi all, heard from the Queenslanders last week, they all arrived safely and had a great time.
cheers Graeme

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users