Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:53 am

where abouts are you?

#22 dagosh88

dagosh88

sticking around

• 22 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:41 pm

I'm interested in it as a donor bike, could I come see it this Friday, Sat, Sun? :)

Thanks.

#23 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:35 am

Thought I'd offer my old girl for sale again as I have now settled on a Tracer 900 and won't be able to ride her in London after April 8th. I also need the space in the garage so she's got to go. I know she ain't pretty to look at but she runs fine and has now covered 132,000 and the engine has no leaks and still pulls like a steam train. I reckon with new front discs and possibly getting the injectors cleaned she will carry on for some time yet. It has a new battery good tyres front and rear. Full hard luggage heated grips a custom seat and a twin USB port. The fuel exhausts are still good and sound great although she does have a few dinks here and there. It is MOTd til October. I really don't want to break her and would rather she went as she is. Any interest? I'd hate to have to take her to the scrap yard :-(

I also have a small screen a clutch cable tank cover and new air filter. The KnN one was cleaned recently.

Is the price the same pal ?

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#24 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:58 am

where abouts are you?

London.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#25 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:24 am

i might have this off you if its still available. 

#26 celtspur

celtspur

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 50 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:47 pm

I'm in south London and would be happy for  anyone to come and see it. Give me a  call 07508943903

#27 jpor

jpor

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:38 pm

Thought I'd offer my old girl for sale again as I have now settled on a Tracer 900 and won't be able to ride her in London after April 8th. I also need the space in the garage so she's got to go. I know she ain't pretty to look at but she runs fine and has now covered 132,000 and the engine has no leaks and still pulls like a steam train. I reckon with new front discs and possibly getting the injectors cleaned she will carry on for some time yet. It has a new battery good tyres front and rear. Full hard luggage heated grips a custom seat and a twin USB port. The fuel exhausts are still good and sound great although she does have a few dinks here and there. It is MOTd til October. I really don't want to break her and would rather she went as she is. Any interest? I'd hate to have to take her to the scrap yard :-(

I also have a small screen a clutch cable tank cover and new air filter. The KnN one was cleaned recently.

Hold up on that one - are you sure you can't ride it under ULEZ?

I don't know if it's been verified yet as to whether pre-57 reg 9ers are going to be affected by this. The deciding factor on this is whether the bike outputs more than 0.15g/km of NOx which happens to be quite high (rather than if it's a EURO3 onwards model year bike). Bikes getting through pre-57 are R1150GS and SV1000 - both large twins. So I can well imagine your TDM being fine. I've already checked my V5 and the NOx section is empty

Edited by jpor, 13 March 2019 - 09:38 pm.

#28 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:42 pm

let me know if dagosh88 doesnt take it and i will sort something out

#29 celtspur

celtspur

• 50 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:05 pm

Hold up on that one - are you sure you can't ride it under ULEZ?

I don't know if it's been verified yet as to whether pre-57 reg 9ers are going to be affected by this. The deciding factor on this is whether the bike outputs more than 0.15g/km of NOx which happens to be quite high (rather than if it's a EURO3 onwards model year bike). Bikes getting through pre-57 are R1150GS and SV1000 - both large twins. So I can well imagine your TDM being fine. I've already checked my V5 and the NOx section is empty

Yes mate I checked on the tfl site ;-(

#30 jpor

jpor

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:50 pm

Yes mate I checked on the tfl site ;-(

Sorry, not the place to check

TFL site will blanket tell you that it isn't if it isn't part of an official Euro 3 run of bikes. You need the NOx from yamaha themselves - this is possible as I know Honda have been providing people with these on request and BMW is charging for them. I'll eat my hat if your bike is over the emissions -  I would have bought a pre 57 plate when I bought mine to save me a fair deal of cash had I known this

#31 celtspur

celtspur

• 50 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:57 pm

Sorry, not the place to check

TFL site will blanket tell you that it isn't if it isn't part of an official Euro 3 run of bikes. You need the NOx from yamaha themselves - this is possible as I know Honda have been providing people with these on request and BMW is charging for them. I'll eat my hat if your bike is over the emissions -  I would have bought a pre 57 plate when I bought mine to save me a fair deal of cash had I known this

I guess I would have had to replace her at some stage and she's gone now sadly. I'm absolutely hating the tracer so far and wishing I'd bought another TDM :-(

#32 jpor

jpor

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:51 pm

Sorry to hear you're not getting on with your Tracer I had wondered if they were any good. What is it you're not enjoying; too slow/build quality/not-a-TDM? 

Give me a wave if you ever see me in London, I ride Kent -> Blackwall -> Aldgate -> Old Street I'm on the black TDM with orange bling, soon to have carbon fibre wrap on the side fairings after a poor paint job fix on a spill in january and then spilt brake fluid  :istupid: but you'll hear me before you see me 

Tonight I pulled up next to a guy on an '03 VFR800 and it had 117k miles on it I could see so I congratulated him on the achievement and it reminded me of you. He said he was having to get rid of it due to ULEZ, bikes too noisy to explain to him that his would be exempt from ULEZ too and Honda gives their certificates of compliance out free. Shame but sometimes it's nice to have an excuse to upgrade (or try something different anyway)

#33 celtspur

celtspur

• 50 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:22 pm

My main gripes  so far are the fuel consumption and the overheating. I'm getting 120 tops out  of a tank in town and  the bloody thing overheats within five minutes  of being in the west end/city. The bars are too wide making filtering and turning  a tentative affair. It has all the bells and whistles rider modes traction control abs etc but frankly the tdm done everything the tracer does and better with less fuss. I won't be keeping the tracer I'm afraid. It  looks amazing but thats about it. I've been dispatching the tdm for five years and the tracer is the poor relation in my opinion. Waste of money. I'll look out for you on the black tdm :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users