6 replies to this topic

#1 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:24 pm

Hi, I have got 2 pairs of front forks for a 4TX for sale. One pair is in excellent condition with no pitting. the only marks are where the clamps were on the tube.All lugs are present with no cracks. £75 plus postage.

The second pair has some corrosion on the tubes but not on the usable range. £50 plus postage.

Question. Could I post these with the fork oil still in?

I also have an inner fairing which is complete. It has a small crack on the inside lh hole (don't they all?). RHS is ok. It had warning light fitted and they are still present. £25 plus postage.

Ali

I am reliably informed that this is for a 96-98 Mk2.

Attached Files

Edited by AliG, 11 September 2018 - 06:21 am.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#2 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:07 pm

Hi Ali,  worth saying the clock surround will only fit the 1996-1998 TDM 850 as the 1999 onwards version is quite different.  Yep they all have cracks innum!

Edited by wicklamulla, 14 September 2018 - 08:48 am.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 martinlisa

martinlisa

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:34 pm

Hi 

do you still have the forks please and if so what will postage be to wirral near liverpool?

cheers

martin

#4 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:16 pm

couriers like all fluids out but if they dont leak they wont know.

If you drain oil and collapse the fork and tape the spring outside the fork it will make a shorter package may make a difference to the post cost.

#5 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:51 pm

couriers like all fluids out but if they dont leak they wont know.
If you drain oil and collapse the fork and tape the spring outside the fork it will make a shorter package may make a difference to the post cost.

I've bought Forks in the past with the oil in them
With No problems - if it ain't leaking - leave it alone

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:14 am

Hi 

do you still have the forks please and if so what will postage be to wirral near liverpool?

cheers

martin

You may find Ali could be away with work possibly, if so he may not be on till he's home so hang fire martin :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:11 pm

You may find Ali could be away with work possibly, if so he may not be on till he's home so hang fire martin :good:

Quite right mate. Unfortnately, the forks are long gone. No Mr 2 bits left. Collecting niner stuff now. (including complete bikes)

Edited by AliG, 23 February 2019 - 05:12 pm.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users