Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:23 pm

QUOTE(paddy900 @ Sat 2nd Jul 2011, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chris glad to hear to got your tyre and got home safely,

Pity about the clutch cable,
Walter..it was nice to have met you, have a great holiday with all your family, hopefully we will meet again,
Has anyone heard from Charlie "The Thigh" he left us last Sunday heading for Vienna?

Hi Guys

It's my first chance to get online no that I've arrived in Karapathos and got access to laptop and after 2,500 miles on the bike and a 1,000 miles on ferries.

After I left you lot I headed down to Venice and met an Italian guy on a Yellow 9er and we seemed to meet at every petrol station I stopped at to refuel. Spent a couple of days in Venice waiting for the ferry to Patra, liked it alot, though it's a bit Disneylandish during the day a much better place after sunset, a lot less tourists. 36 hours on the ferry and landed at 6am at Patra to start my sojourn south to Githio ended up getting lost up in the hills and chasing my tail for a bit, the signage in Greece is non-existant and crap at best so follwed the sun and eventually found the main road to Kalamata and form there onto Githio to make a connection with the ferry to Crete. Simples not at all! Sorry, no ferry today the strike earlier in the week put the ferry timetable behind and they cancelled the sailing. So when is the next one? Day after tomorrow from Menonvasia 80km east, OK so off I toddle to Menonvasia, arrive there and spend the night in hotel waiting for the ferry next day at 10pm, next day vacate room and do a bit of sight seeing around the area also decide to get a Greek chip for my mobile and talk package on the same network as the people I'm going to stay with to cut the cost of calls regarding my progess to Karpothos, so go into the local mobile shop and enquire about a Cosmote talk package only to discover the owner a guy about 46 was born in Liverpool and father opened a well known Greek Restaurant called Zorbastere in the 1970's small world or what? Well back to the ferry quay to wai for the ferry which unkown to me was now not arriving til 4am so spent the night on the quayside along with many other people waiting (I'm getting very good at waiting, it seems to be a national pastime in Greece, GMT translates as Greek Maybe Time) guess what the ferry arrives at 6.30 and we board onto a ferry I'd not seen for a number of years The Konaris long in the tooth and not very comfortable, but heyho we're under way to Crete, arrive in Kissamos and cover the 200 miles to Sitia to catch the ferry that evening to Karpathos arriving at 2am knackered and in need of a drink!

Well the bike stood up to the journey well considering having no third gear to talk of, definately need to do something about that when I get back, oil usage was a bit high,and given the price of oil on the continent it does add quite a bit to expenditure so it might be a 9er for continental excursions in the future. Looks like I might need a set of new front pads, though I'mnot using the front too much the roads are like glass at junctions and front end has tried to wash out a couple of times when using the front brake!

Now going to chill out for a couple of months before deciding what to do next, will be live in chef for my friends whilst I'm here so I don't get too bored with all the sunshine and beer. rolleyes.gif

Sitting at a harbour bar typing this and it's 32 celcius and I've got a cold Mythos to drink!

Well see you soon!

Currently - 2008 Red 900 ABS - 19k - 12v Socket - K & N Air Filter - Power Commander III - Mirror Extenders - Hepco & Becker Junior Panniers and Top Box - Fuel Exhausts - Pilot Road 2 Tyres.

To Do List - HID Bi-Xenon Projectors - MRA Vario Screen.

Posted Image

#442 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:44 pm

Coupla months...jeebus nice wan.

Greek ferries.....they really are an experience...once/if they arrive.

Hope you enjoy yer'sen.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#443 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:44 pm

Excellent!!!!

#444 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:01 pm

Good to hear you made it Charlie.
Makes our Germany trip look like a Sunday run out!
Enjoy drinks.gif
06 TDM 900 - gone but not forgotten.

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#445 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:31 pm

Sooooo, doin' some Harry Enfield impersonations eh laugh.gif

Glad to hear the gearbox is holdin' out, and jealous to fook of you and yer trip. But hey, who needs 32 celsius ?

We'll soon be havin' The Wales weekend of wonderfull wetness where it's also 32 celsius...........in the pub rolleyes.gif

Thanks fer postin' up, make sure you get plenty of piccys and enjoy the trip. cool.gif

And take it steady on them roads, those WRC boys might be flying round the corner !!

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#446 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:40 pm

Good to hear it's going well.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#447 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:27 pm

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound clapping.gif

Do you remember on Saturday night.. the Schnapps i bought....Hmmm lovely

Your face told a different picture though rotflmmfao.gif
2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#448 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:34 am

Sounds great!

#449 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:40 am

Some great photo's here from the guy from Italy,

Spotted some of our bikes in it

https://picasaweb.go...eat=directlink#
2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#450 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:03 am

QUOTE(paddy900 @ Wed 13th Jul 2011, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some great photo's here from the guy from Italy,

Spotted some of our bikes in it

https://picasaweb.go...eat=directlink#

It's not just us then... biggrin.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#451 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:54 pm

QUOTE(Lars @ Wed 27th Jul 2011, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a heads-up notice to those who may be interested and need to plan early:

Next year's MT of the German forum seems to happen close to the German-Czech border in the city of Oberwiesenthal in the "Erzgebirge" (Ore Mountains). Details of the meeting and accomodation are still worked out. Dates are probably June 7-10 2012.

I will keep you posted, feel free to contact me for updates.

Lars, i'm going to split MT12 posts off to a new topic good.gif
http://www.carpe-tdm...showtopic=22408

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#452 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:32 pm

Oh Gawd, thats set me off searching google maps now. Only 10.5 months to go rolleyes.gif
MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#453 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:02 pm

Not just me then!

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users