#1 Sidarta

Sidarta

just half a litre to go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:17 pm

Hi to all!

In the garage some time ago, engine turned on, I tightened the clutch lever and turned on the 1st gear. The bike jumped and the engine died. New and newly changed clutch cable, it was completely without pressure, as if it had broken. Previous conclusion: once again pasted discs. I drained the engine oil. After disassembling it was verified, clutch of the very clean, without trace of oil that was washed by gasoline. Discs, spacers, and springs with measurements within the standard. However, there was gasoline in the oil and high level. This happened twice and in both cases, there was gasoline in the oil.

So there's the alert.
Problem in the clutch, it will not always be to change cable, disks, or springs and after cleaning, comes to life. Mostly it was gone in a short time. It might be gasoline going for oil. It is worth using the nose. Open the oil tank cap and sniff.

I am beginning to think that one of the causes of MKII oil consumption :drinks: Drink oil.  is due to gasoline contamination.  

I no longer trust the fuel circuit, electric pump, buoys, needles and so on. :sorry:

Cheers!

Att
Sidarta 

TDM850 ano 2001
 Honda XLX 250 1988 
Honda Tornado 2005 - Honda CB400 1982 
Honda CB350 1972 e 1973

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users