• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 thom

thom

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:08 am

hi just as another fix i put a bunge rubber from one of the frame brackets axross the top of the air box the the bracket on the other side holds it down when you tighten them lets it move just a little when you rev the moter and when you put the tank on it tightens down on to the bunge cord just snugly easy way to fix if your away traveling and need to service it 20000km not moved

#42 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 May 2017 - 11:51 am

Cheers Thom, yep know about using a strap on thanks matey  :good: just prefer this method of fixing, will get another tube as they defo sent me a size up after ordering 60mm....and a size up is actually 63mm ID  :dunno: fookin always end up doing crap twice  :rant:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#43 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:15 pm

Just completed Dappers mod and can vouch for it's superior quality compared to ageing Yamaha rubbers. The airbox now sits nice and firm on top of the carbs and I didn't even feel the need to clamp it up with jubilee clips - the fit really is that good.

If it dont do this then ewe have the wrong poipe dabbers. 

Avoid any sillycone goo to try and seal as that could end oop carb bound.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#44 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:11 pm

To late  :D already silly coned before i tried the size on me carbs........but i ordered 60mm ID as verified by the order and they defo sent me next size up......i mean why would ya think to check the size when you ordered 60mm in the 1st place........will have to strip the silly cone of me cut airbox wubbers now for when i get the proper size........er why not silly cone daps, you silly'ed yours did'n ya  :dunno:

Re the post you highlighted daps, well yea i thought it was blinkin strange cos Whippet aint the only one who's done the mod and has a super tight box now........not to worry, Murphy lives in my house matey.

Edited by dablik, 08 May 2017 - 05:14 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#45 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:08 pm

I used silly cone glue but not to seal or on an exposed surface. Just atwix new poipe and modded wubber. Think someone tried silly cone on theirs and think it ended up a mess. Checked mine many times and just as mega as when installed.

I stumbled across some poipe that was lost/missing for ages... Think burring spacer dabbers ... If ya cant get 60mm sorted oil try and retrace me steps.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#46 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:55 am

I used silly cone glue but not to seal or on an exposed surface. Just atwix new poipe and modded wubber. Think someone tried silly cone on theirs and think it ended up a mess. Checked mine many times and just as mega as when installed.

I stumbled across some poipe that was lost/missing for ages... Think burring spacer dabbers ... If ya cant get 60mm sorted oil try and retrace me steps.

:blink:  double poo.............no worries can clean it all off, gonna give it to Mrs dablik and she can pick it clean in front of telly me thinks.....well plenty of 60mm about and it's what's on me order, no mention of variation in the ad so looks like they boogered the order.. Hmmmmmmmmm you used silly glue  :good: but surely that just dries as silly cone an all !!

#47 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:48 am

Yes but it snot on a part exposed to air flow.

#48 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:52 pm

Ear is the thread I were wittering on aboot dabbers.  the ole memory got it a bit/lot wrong.  They were suggesting that the silly cone hose might cause an issue as not fool proof...but since none of it ....not the hose or glue or oubt is internal to the joint....it wont. http://www.carpe-tdm...showtopic=26836

#49 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:16 pm

Cheers mucka, as you say not on an exposed part, will have a ganders at the link.

#50 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:03 am

When I did this mod to mine, I used 60mm toob and lubbly jubbly clips. Glued using some flexible sort of weird evostick glue I had kicking about, which took ages to dry, but I have to say I've had this mod on for a good while now, and the glue is still holding well, and those rubbers don't flap about anymore! 

#51 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:27 am

Got the right size sent to me this time, mine are glued with sikoflex, they aint going anywhere for a 1000 years.

#52 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:45 am

Bumping this up as a couple of topics regarding rubbers bumbling about atm! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users