#21 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:40 am

Go over all the joints cleaning and applying ACF50 to the connectors before you put them back together.

You will have to get the tank up and airbox off which will entail removing side panels. It's easier with a tank prop.

I'm not too far from you so if you have somewhere to work under cover, I could take a trundle over there with a few tools and meters and have a look at what the problem might be.

Bikes are designed to work, men don't 'fiddle' we carry out  repairs using sound engineering principles... or we ought to.

The only few known niggles on the niner are easily sorted.

Now that is what I call a mobile app. Splendid.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#22 Sue

Sue

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 07 May 2015 - 06:59 pm

Again, thank you all - message sent to leehenty  :good:  :)

#23 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:43 pm

Again, thank you all - message sent to leehenty  :good:  :)

That's your bike on the road to recovery then, nowt gets past Sir Henty  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#24 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 02:16 pm

Error 11 which is cam sensor. Multi plugs a bit furry. Cleaned the switches but cam sensor has stayed duff so it needs a new one.
Cleared the faults but this one keeps coming back
Sue was on the ball with tea and biccies.
Several rusty screws got binned. Looks like a return visit when new sensor has been obtained. Bike is in good nick just needs a bit of fettling. There are several wires which need tidying up as well.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#25 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:22 pm

Hate to think what one costs new,I managed to get lucky with a 2nd hand one of ebay when mine went, nice one Lee  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#26 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:49 pm

£88 😞 new
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#27 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 10 May 2015 - 03:58 pm

Well done Lee ! :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#28 TinTin

TinTin

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:36 pm

Is this the one http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c524fe151

Had stuff from Germany before. No probs.

Edited by TinTin, 10 May 2015 - 04:38 pm.

#29 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:51 pm

Yes that will do the job,mucho cheaper than here.
Sue was going to ring webbs of Peterborough.
If she gets one I can pop back and sort it.

Edited by leehenty, 10 May 2015 - 05:52 pm.

#30 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:59 pm

THe cam position sensor and the speed sensor are the same (both are hall effect sensor aka active sensors).

Swap them to be sure where the problem comes from.

Btw a faulty speed sensor does not prevent the engine from firing.

You may also check them but they need to be plugged in and main switch on.

top_640.png

#31 Sue

Sue

arrived on last train

• 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:00 pm

Gentlemen, thank you all for your help & advice - Lee, I would like to extend a very special thank you to you. Next time, if there is one, I promise cake and I will get to a fettle day! 

Sadly I had a new one on order before I saw your message TinTin :( Ah well, I did do a lot of searching & had to give in as I will have to wait 14 days for it to arrive from Yamaha in Japan - next time I need a 'thing' I will wait a day or two longer to hear from one of you! :D 

I gives me longer to get the bike clean in places that I can't usually get to .....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrics, control unit, fail, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users