#1 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:45 am

Change of routine this year for me in regards to my annual French tour. I'm going to head up into the southern bits of Scotland, maybe the coast south of Dumfries, Galloway as well, then get the ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast and travel down south to Eire. I've never been to Ireland and know very little about Scotland, so if any members know of some places in either that are worth a visit, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#2 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:29 pm

If you can travel north from Belfast along the coast, cross the Sperrins and enter Eire in the West. Loyces Country very good riding. Head for Galway. Avoid central and east coast. Sorry Ireland. People lovely, though. West coast good. Kerry good but busy with tourists.

Setting off to Scotland myself on Monday. We will head straight to Cairnryan to pick 2 more up. Only time we will leave the a75 will be along the a712. If you got time all roads to and from New Galloway are good.

But all that is me. Others may have found decent routes and places that I have missed.

Rob

#3 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:30 pm

went to a place near Portpatrick, Galloway (very nice place and there's a shipwreck not too far)

Logan fish pond, very small but sea fish were trapped by the tide and you can pet them. Until a 2ft cod eats your hand :D nice little stop off

https://www.tripadvi...s_and_Gall.html

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#4 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:38 pm

Thanks for that lads. 

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users