#1 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:09 am

Is what oil write on me left knee ready fur Monday when they attempt to get oot a bolt what has been in there for 27 years.😉

So I might be unavailable for a day or two ... But then have prolly 8 weeks of being doubly unemployed and unpaid!!

Anyone got a good money making idea? Tried the body thing before but no offers!!

Looking at competitions and surveys at the moment but don't fancy the reams of spam that will prolly accompany it.

Do a tiny bit of maths tutoring so luckily that's the cake funds covered.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#2 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:24 am

Can't help with the money making ideas but hope all goes well with a speedy recovery.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:28 am

Good luck with the op Daps. Was gonna suggest you enter an ass kicking contest but.........maybe not. :P

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:29 am

A bit of wd40 to prep and job's a carrot, good luck dap's :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:59 am

Hope all goes well chap, good luck.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#6 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:38 pm

Hope it goes well.

Auction the nail?

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#7 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:21 pm

good luck on the knee op. I had pins taken out of my wrist a few years back.

no issues at all now

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 01:23 pm

Thanks chaps.

Various bits have fallen out over the years so I have a collection of staples to auction. Apparently due to infection risks...if someone tried licking it? .. I'm not allowed to keep the bolt!

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#9 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:55 pm

Shame ya cant keep the bolt eh, sure it would fit on ya mk1 someplace.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#10 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:03 pm

Good luck with that Dappers. Get as much morphine off of nursey as she'll give and have a holiday in yer head for a day or two. 

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#11 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:25 pm

Hope it all goes well, but I was thinking we probably have enough knowledge on this forum to do it for you. After all how hard can it be to remove a bolt? A cake and fettle day would be sociable. How about that Dappers?

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#12 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:21 pm

Oi loike that plan QM. Have mentioned a few times that I'm not sure about a very practical task put in the hands of an academic Brian!! Especially when you quiz them on how they is gonna get it oot and they say that they ain't sure. 😀 Most would be core drilled oot ... But it's in the joint so they cannae do that.

Oi loike the cake anaesthesia and fettle idea a lot. 😀

#13 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:32 am

Why ya having it removed after it being there for such a long time ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#14 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:41 am

Since it was fitted research has shown that titanium doesn't wear as quickly as cartilage! 😂 So some muppet didn't screw it in far enough and now it's possibly scoring a groove on the other side of the joint...they couldn't tell on MRI as all that metal made it difficult to get a good image, despite being on gas mark 1 for ages.

The fact that it sounds loike I'm walking on crisps wherever I go tells me that it's probably so.

#15 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:50 am

Ouchio ! Sounds like removing it is the only option then. Guessing they'll replace it and do the job properly this time ? You can calibrate their torque wrench afore they toighten it oop.  :D

Oi loike crisps !

#16 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 12:06 pm

They are gonna try and take it oot. No replacement required. The bugger about walking on crisps is it makes ya awful hungry.

#17 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:03 pm

Dont fret daps, i'll shoot over an wash ya arse while ya bedridden :giveusahug:

#18 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:03 pm

Can ya bring yer own bucket of water dabbers as we still don't have any hooked up? ☺️

#19 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:07 pm

:lol:  s'alright ya can have a spit and polish instead mucka.

#20 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:48 pm

Thar she blows.

Attached File  IMG_20180219_131756.jpg   66.26KB   0 downloads

Obviously this is just before it went in the bin 😁

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users