112 replies to this topic

#41 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:29 am

Quick update, disappointingly I still have not received a reply from BS-Motoparts sad.gif , which is strange as they have always replied very promptly in the past. When I know more so will you.
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#42 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:35 am

QUOTE(Andy K @ Mon 4th Dec 2006, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dapleb measuring the width is easy so yes please but I suspect there will not be much difference. As for the curvature I am not sure how easy it will be to compare?

Ooopsie forgot about this, sorry. Lettuce snow where you want measured and I will go do it.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#43 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:59 am

As I have ordered some now we could offer one up against a MKII when they arrive but in the mean time, if you could measure the width of the screen at the top this will tell us if we are in with a chance.
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light

#44 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:47 pm

The mkII screen is an odd shape. Measuring a straight line (i.e. ignoring curvature) along the VERY TOP of the screen it is about 20cm. The screen then widens to just over 30cm before tapering back in again.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#45 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:59 pm

Sounds like it will be best to just try one, when they arrive.
Still no news. sad.gif if they arrive?

#46 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:59 pm

Hi again..

With me i`m going wit da flow.. but my brother in-law as asked if he could have it for xmas.
Said i`d ask, so i have.
He wants it because his wife as bought him it for xmas. i said thats fine but its not that we got any excuses to out weather wise at mo so whats rush... HE SAID!!.. well, i`ll have nowt to open on xmas morn... you serious ?? i said...Jeeze he was serious... sad.gif and i got to go out riding with him. Can you divorce yer brother in-law?
Well, everyone knows that the speed of light is 299,792,456 meters per second. and thats all very fine and dandy, and it explaines a lot in our universe ......or is maybe it opens up more questions than answers, and the most important of those is....what is the speed of dark?

#47 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:39 pm

He had better get himself some chocs or cake then, I still haven't heard from them, so to get them from Germany and then back out to you lot is not going to happen before Christmas, SORRY. sad.gif
If he really is desperate I could send the one off the top of my screen!!!

Edited by Andy K, 16 December 2006 - 05:40 pm.

#48 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:52 pm

Not your fault you've been lumbered Andy - you've worked hard on this, so rest easy. Only hope the guy hasn't been nobbled by MRA anxious to protect their UK base, though.

Edited by Pict, 16 December 2006 - 08:30 pm.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#49 DaveM

DaveM

just half a litre to go

• 825 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:58 pm

QUOTE(Andy K @ Fri 15th Dec 2006, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like it will be best to just try one, when they arrive.
Still no news. sad.gif if they arrive?

Hopefully? I'm on Andys list for one of these and I have a standard Mk2 screen so have taken the risk of it fitting.

I'll be happy to report back when (or is it if?) it arrives and I've tried it out

Cheers
Dave

#50 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:02 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Sat 16th Dec 2006, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only hope the guy hasn't been nobbled by MRA anxious to protect their UK base, though.

I hope not, they would be daft to admit they are bound for the UK, they would have no need to.

QUOTE(BwfcDave1 @ Sat 16th Dec 2006, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully? I'm on Andys list for one of these and I have a standard Mk2 screen so have taken the risk of it fitting.

I'll be happy to report back when (or is it if?) it arrives and I've tried it out

Yes you are on my list and I look forward to your report, Dave.
I will chase on Monday, but my German is almost as good as my Swahili so I will have to stick to the old e-mail.

#51 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:39 pm

Well I have just received this reply from Germany:-

"Hello Andy,
Sorry for the late answer. I could send 14 of the parts to UK and one to Estonia. Shipping to Estonia would be 25 Euro. If you agree, I could send you a Paypal invoice for the payment. The total price would be 750 Euro, if you want me to ship one piece to Estonia it would be 775 Euro.

Best regards

Peter Boschmann"

So it's all systems go I shall PM all of you on the list tonight with my details.

Edited by Andy K, 18 December 2006 - 05:40 pm.

#52 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:19 pm

well done AndyK, tanks good effort all round.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#53 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:19 pm

QUOTE(Andy K @ Mon 18th Dec 2006, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it's all systems go I shall PM all of you on the list tonight with my details.

I know there'll be no hesitation in telling me this is a stupid question......but.....are cheques payable directly to you Andy ?? Have to ask as I fell on me arse with payin for me calendar !! This may be a help to others.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#54 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:49 pm

To remove any chance of confusion please make cheques out to "Mr A King" or Andrew King".
I will wait until they all arrive before I cash them so do not worry if it take a few days.

#55 DaveM

DaveM

just half a litre to go

• 825 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:26 pm

QUOTE(Andy K @ Mon 18th Dec 2006, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I have just received this reply from Germany:-

"Hello Andy,
Sorry for the late answer. I could send 14 of the parts to UK and one to Estonia. Shipping to Estonia would be 25 Euro. If you agree, I could send you a Paypal invoice for the payment. The total price would be 750 Euro, if you want me to ship one piece to Estonia it would be 775 Euro.

Best regards

Peter Boschmann"

Cheers Andy,

Got your PM and will get cheque in post to you ASAP. Thanks for all your efforts.

Dave

#56 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:53 pm

Evening Andy,
I got a bank cheque this afternoon, I'll post it tonight if I can find the Post Box (it's very very foggy) or tomorrow. Thanks mate.
Paul G

#57 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:27 pm

Andy:

Payment is on its way - should reach you tomorrow (Wed). Thanks for your effort on our behalf.

P.

Edited by Pict, 19 December 2006 - 09:28 pm.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#58 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:06 pm

Just a quick update the payment to bs-motoparts has cleared so they should be winging there way to us very soon.
Did you see what I did there?
This Christmas spirit is great! May have to get another bottle by the weekend at this rate though. doubtfull.gif evillaff.gif

#59 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:59 pm

QUOTE(Andy K @ Tue 19th Dec 2006, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a quick update the payment to bs-motoparts has cleared so they should be winging there way to us very soon.
Did you see what I did there?
This Christmas spirit is great! May have to get another bottle by the weekend at this rate though. doubtfull.gif evillaff.gif

well done mate good.gif and my cheque should have been collected from the postbox at 4 pm tonight so hopefully be wid ya tomorrow (barring any slowness of the xmas post) wink.gif

Edited by amarko5, 19 December 2006 - 11:11 pm.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#60 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:25 am

The Christmas post has so far discharged the following payments.
  1. Pict
  2. Wick
  3. TDMTim
  4. amarko5
  5. Techy-V
  6. BwfcDave1
  7. Danceswithmopeds
  8. Kpnuts
  9. Lerk
  10. Fluteplayer
Thanks Chaps. good.gif

I received an e-mail this morning confirming that the wings are ready for dispatch, so hopefully they should arrive before the New Year.
They have arrived!

Edited by Andy K, 30 December 2006 - 09:25 am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users