dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:41 am

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 18th Jan 2007, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Na I've got four of their bikes stored in my garage for a couple of days to make some space for the R1 launch tomorrow night. I'm getting a set of tyres for my troubles. banana.gif

By the way, the winglet arrived today, tanks for that Andy. I'll have a go fitting it at the weekend.

I think you're shagging the proprietor - and I'l bet nhstdm's jealous.............. tongue.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#102 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:52 am

oil be around in a white transit to break into yer garage.....

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#103 Tarmo

Tarmo

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:15 pm

Here is my result: http://tarmo.smugmug...gallery/2372535. Unfortunately I can test it after several months as it is real winter outside. :-(
Tarmo

#104 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:26 pm

QUOTE(Tarmo @ Sat 20th Jan 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is my result: http://tarmo.smugmug...gallery/2372535. Unfortunately I can test it after several months as it is real winter outside. :-(

That's the tallest TDM windscreen I've ever seen!! Is it possible to look over it? And how's the wind protection? It must be vibrating a lot while driving, doesn't it...?

Edit: oh... I see, you haven't tested it yet

And... does it look nice on the TDM...? Well... not 100 % sure about that, to be honest...

Edited by AJ_Blizzard, 20 January 2007 - 02:29 pm.

TDM 900 2006 mod.:
MRA modded PUIG screen, air-box mod., Laser Duo-Tech cans, Powercommander, Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater, Stebel Magnum (black), Centech AP-1 Auxiliary Fuse Panel, Hawkeoiler...

#105 Tarmo

Tarmo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:21 pm

Is it possible to look over it?
It must be vibrating a lot while driving, doesn't it...?
And... does it look nice on the TDM...?

1. It is not something what happened by chance or by mistake. My intention was to have really long screen with ajustable wing for long touring days . smile.gif
2.Yes I can look over it. It is tested and calculated before putting all it together. I am about 185cm and preffer to ride in more upright position. smile.gif
2. About wind protection. Last year, during my two weeks tour from Baltics to Italy, I tested similar construction but it was made from Givi long touring screen and extended using some home-made wing. Worked perfect but looked not too nice. sad.gif
3. About last year experience I can say that it will not vibrate at all. I did a lot slow cruising on coastal roads, some real off-road in Estonian forests and a lot of fast driving on German roads (160-170 km/h). good.gif
4. Nice or not nice. It depends. If I am riding near my home I preffer Yamaha standard short screen. But if I am going two-three times a year for a long tour (week or more) then I really do not give a s**t about looks. I preffer wind protection and silence in my helmet. smile.gif
5. Talking about that particular picture you have to take in account point of view where that picture was taken. So the screen looks longer than in reallity. The real proportions are better seen from picture taken from side.

Edited by Tarmo, 20 January 2007 - 03:27 pm.

Tarmo

#106 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:45 pm

QUOTE(Tarmo @ Sat 20th Jan 2007, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. It is not something what happened by chance or by mistake. My intention was to have really long screen with ajustable wing for long touring days . smile.gif
2.Yes I can look over it. It is tested and calculated before putting all it together. I am about 185cm and preffer to ride in more upright position. smile.gif
2. About wind protection. Last year, during my two weeks tour from Baltics to Italy, I tested similar construction but it was made from Givi long touring screen and extended using some home-made wing. Worked perfect but looked not too nice. sad.gif
3. About last year experience I can say that it will not vibrate at all. I did a lot slow cruising on coastal roads, some real off-road in Estonian forests and a lot of fast driving on German roads (160-170 km/h). good.gif
4. Nice or not nice. It depends. If I am riding near my home I preffer Yamaha standard short screen. But if I am going two-three times a year for a long tour (week or more) then I really do not give a s**t about looks. I preffer wind protection and silence in my helmet. smile.gif
5. Talking about that particular picture you have to take in account point of view where that picture was taken. So the screen looks longer than in reallity. The real proportions are better seen from picture taken from side.

Ok, thanks for good and thorough answers.
Hm... I have fitted a MRA spoiler on a tall stock Yamaha screen myself, but since I did it after I winterized Marianne (that's my TDM, ok wink.gif ) I haven't tried it yet.
If it doesn't give the results I'm hoping for I might try your Eagle Screen solution.

Do you have an address where to get it, BTW...?
TDM 900 2006 mod.:
MRA modded PUIG screen, air-box mod., Laser Duo-Tech cans, Powercommander, Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater, Stebel Magnum (black), Centech AP-1 Auxiliary Fuse Panel, Hawkeoiler...

#107 Tarmo

Tarmo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:05 pm

Do you have an address where to get it, BTW...?

I took screen Y-72-C (F) from http://www.eaglescre...m.au/yamaha.htm.

Yes I ordered it from Australia to Estonia and the price together with shipping was better than Givi or any other touring screen from local shop. huh.gif smile.gif

The idea I got from Carpe TDM where some member from Singapur showed his TDM with that screen (today I can't find that thread any more).

Looked good and so I contacted them. I still owe them picture from my bike. sorry.gif
Tarmo

#108 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:12 pm

Its good to see the first pictures of one of the wings fitted. I must admit that my first impression was that it looked rather narrow compared to the Eagle screen, but Tarmo has obviously does his research and has done a good job.

Edited by Andy K, 20 January 2007 - 08:41 pm.

TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#109 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 January 2007 - 05:14 pm

QUOTE(Andy K @ Sat 20th Jan 2007, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its good to see the first pictures of one of the wings fitted. I must admit that my first impression was that it looked rather narrow compared to the Eagle screen, but Tarmo has obviously does his research and done a good job.

mines fitted on my givi screen pics tomorrow cos im off to work now ranting.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#110 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:35 am

well done Tarmo, it does look overly long in those close up pics as you say, but the proof is you have already tested the effectivness of that eagle screen screen last year and found it eliminates wind noise. At least this year it will be effective and look good too !!!! WiCk

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#111 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:04 am

well i got mine fitted a while back but here's a picture of the vario wing on a givi screen

It does make a difference, but i might still go for a taller screen smile.gif possibly like tarno's good.gif for the touring days.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#112 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:05 am

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sun 21st Jan 2007, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well done Tarmo, it does look overly long in those close up pics as you say, but the proof is you have already tested the effectivness of that eagle screen screen last year and found it eliminates wind noise. At least this year it will be effective and look good too !!!! WiCk

Amazing! Would the final touch be to strap the top edge to the rear carrier? That way you could adjust the curvature, and get a nice drone.....

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#113 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:49 am

I have just posted the last wing from this batch. good.gif
I would be willing to start a new list if anyone else decides they want one, just PM me.
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users